It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Accutane Journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2004, 03:13 PM   #16
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User
    Post Re: Accutane Journal

Went to my DERM told me my skin is doing good and i only had two active ones which he gave me cortizone shots and he also said that my red sopts are fading. He told me im having back pain because my muscles and bones are dry. He also said, to take atleast 64 ounces of Gatorade eveyday. Im on 80mgs four times a week and 40mgs 3 times a week.
    Im finally in my 3rd month.

Now to the thing I ask him and my uncle who is also a derm in another city. In the back of the accutane pamphlet is says, "there are reports some patients have had stunted growth taking Accutane for acne as directed.

Both said that kids that have many diseases not only acne take accutaNE and they have to use it for years so, those kids get there growth stunted beacuse they use accutane so long. But the people of accutane have to put that down because it can cause stunt in growth. So when i found that i was relieved.

Last edited by DiselPower4; 07-01-2004 at 03:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #17
    CraigTS367

CraigTS367 HB User
    Re: Accutane Journal

This journal comes at a good time and will be very helpful for me as I just took my first pill today. I am excited to start but also a bit nervous. Hopefully you don't mind if I post here as well. I was a bit surprised to hear that the dryness started already for some by day 5 or 6. In that case I'd better stock up on the lip balms and drops.
    Disel-
    you're into weight-training, right?
    Do you work out anymore at all while on Accutane and when you did, were your muscles extremely sore? I just started lifting two months ago and am just starting to get results and I would rather not stop now, but will if it is for the best.
    That's all for now. Good luck to everyone.

Old 07-03-2004, 08:54 AM   #18
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

In my 3rd month and 2nd day, one leaves and then a new one forms . So at my 3rd month im still breaking out just one at a time though.
    No new side effects but back pain and chapped lips.

Old 07-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #19
    CraigTS367

CraigTS367 HB User

Just took my 3rd pill a few hours ago. Each of the last three days has been a countdown to 8pm. Haven't noticed anything yet and didn't really expect to. Still oily as ever. Also breaking out just a bit around my mouth but I think that is because of stopping my antibiotics and topicals.

Is it alright to spot treat with something like Benzaclin in the first few weeks of Accutane? My derm told me not to use anything topically but I would like to get rid of the existing spots a little faster.

About the dry nose issue...
    Anybody used nasal spray? Is it not recommended? I just bought some Afrin 'Extra Moisturizing' nasal spray ahead of time in case I need it.

Is there any reason why I should not smoke a little pot while on Accutane?

Old 07-03-2004, 07:30 PM   #20
    CraigTS367

CraigTS367 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiselPower4
    In my 3rd month and 2nd day, one leaves and then a new one forms . So at my 3rd month im still breaking out just one at a time though.
    No new side effects but back pain and chapped lips.
    How many did you have at one time before starting accutane?

Old 07-03-2004, 10:24 PM   #21
    KyleDale
    (male)

KyleDale HB User

Well everyone

It has been over 10 days now and I'm feeling good, My face is dry but not horrible and my lips r quite chapped those are my only side effects. I Leave for a cruise today and will not be back for 2 weeks so i hope when i look at this next it is still alive and going well and if not i will resurrect it. When I'm back it will be in time for my monthly check up so great update will come from me then. Be safe everyone God bless

Old 07-04-2004, 05:36 PM   #22
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CraigTS367
    How many did you have at one time before starting accutane?
    To tell you the truth on my face maybe one bc i was on doxycycline but had many red spots but i got accutane bc my chest and bacl started to break out probably bc the bacteria got stronger.

Now, i have 2 small and one that wont leave with a red mark on my forehead, the ones i said before are goinaway but leave a light red mark.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #23
    JJ73

JJ73 HB User

Hey Guys!

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread, but I started my Accutane treatment today... and I thought it would be a good idea if we all kept each other informed of our progress. This drug scares me, but I am at the end of my rope, and don't know what else to do. A little history... I am a 30 year old female that has suffered with acne for as long as I can remember.. I am guessing since I was 13-14 years old. It has gotten worse over the past few years, and over the past two years I was able to keep it under control with drugs (minocyclin, doxy). The antibiotics have now stopped working, and I have tried spiro and bc pills... they helped a little but not alot. I am hoping accutane works. I am taking 40mg twice a day. I have just popped my second pill, and will keep you informed of any side effects.

Old 07-07-2004, 05:56 AM   #24
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JJ73
    Hey Guys!

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread, but I started my Accutane treatment today... and I thought it would be a good idea if we all kept each other informed of our progress. This drug scares me, but I am at the end of my rope, and don't know what else to do. A little history... I am a 30 year old female that has suffered with acne for as long as I can remember.. I am guessing since I was 13-14 years old. It has gotten worse over the past few years, and over the past two years I was able to keep it under control with drugs (minocyclin, doxy). The antibiotics have now stopped working, and I have tried spiro and bc pills... they helped a little but not alot. I am hoping accutane works. I am taking 40mg twice a day. I have just popped my second pill, and will keep you informed of any side effects.
    Hi JJ73,

I know a lot of us were scared to start accutane but a lot of us have realized that sometimes it's just hype. I know I was one of those people that kept putting it off because of what I've heard other people say but I did what I think was best for me and I'm so glad that I did. Taking accutane has been the best thing I did for my skin and I hope you'll be as happy with it.

Old 07-07-2004, 07:10 AM   #25
    JiminyBiscuit

JiminyBiscuit HB User

Hi everyone.
    I am new and very pleased to see a place where so many people share their information and stories. I'm a 22 yr. old male and I recently started taking Accutane for acne I have been dealing with for most of the past 8 years. In that time I tried everything else available- creams, lots of different antibiotics, diet - obviously nothing worked as I am here now.
    This acne thing is horrible and I would not wish it on anyone. Not even the people who have made comments about my skin or stared or treated me differently. Not even my old doctor who told me that my skin is bad because I am not clean... Well, maybe her, and just a few others .
    I miss doing the things I could do before my skin looked so horrible. Simple things like wearing a hat or going into a restaurant and not trying to find the corner seat where nobody can see your face. Needless to say, having a face full of acne is not the best way to meet girls. Not to brag or anything but when my acne went away 2 yrs ago for about a year, I had absolutely NO problem with the opposite sex. I was hardly ever without a girlfriend and if I was it was by my choice. Most often they would just approach me and I didn't even have to do any of the work. Now all of a sudden I can't seem to get a female to even speak to me. It really opens your eyes to see that most people are extremely shallow and all they care about is appearance, not the person. I just realized how bitter I am towards almost everyone now since this whole experience.
    I see there a lot of people starting accutane at about the same time as me and I will post here to let everyone know how it goes. I just hope I as well as you all have as much success as some of the people who have posted their stories on here. I say bring on the side-effects! Some of them sound pretty bad but I still don't think any are worse than what I have already been going through. Best of luck to everyone out there. Keep your heads up and fight this thing out. I will try to do the same. They say it will be over before I know it but right now time is just going by so slowly!!! Sorry to get lengthy on ya.
    Peace

Old 07-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #26
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

Finally got my phone connected in the new house.... The update is in my 3rd month and a half i am still breaking out more than before when i was in my 2 nd month. It not that bad but i still get them. Now my lips peel and even aquaphor cant help. Constantly applying lip balm. Guy very important to have a lip blam handy. With SPF 15. The good new is for some reason i started accutane i felt weaker when i workout but now im as strong like before and getting bigger without taking anything. So thats good. Boston hows the accutane going?

Old 07-07-2004, 10:42 PM   #27
    soulman

soulman HB User

Hello
    Started second week on accutane. Lips and surrounding area are chapped and very dry. In fact, the whole face is dry.

My neck is a mess. I must have scratch them when asleep without knowing.
    There is rash/patch of dermatitis on my neck and under my chin. I am not sure whether they are from the accutane or just me. Can you put lip balm on anywhere other than your lip?

Now I started accutane for oily skin. It has calm down a little but still a little oily along with dry skin. What a combo.

I am taking 40 mg once a day.

Good luck to all of you.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:26 AM   #28
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Hey Disel, soulman, and everyone,

Accutane is going amazing...on my face (which is, of course, exactly what I want). But my arms are another story. I must be scratching them to death in my sleep because when I wake up, they're cut up everywhere. I have four patches on both arms that are scabbed up and starting to heal. I always wear tank tops so they're hard to hide and a lot of people ask me what happened. On one part of my arm, I seriously look like I've been using a needle to inject myself because I look like I've got tracks lol. The accutane has just made them so dry and flaky. And it doesn't help that I've been tanning so I can get a base before I leave for my cruise in a couple of weeks. But, what's most important to me is that my face is flawless. I can't even remember the last time I saw it looking like this. When I look in the mirror, I don't cringe at what my skin looks like anymore. I've never been happier in my life.

I hope that accutane continues to go well for all of you and you get amazing results.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:26 PM   #29
    soulman

soulman HB User

Hello all.....

How can you guys afford to go to a cruise? Boston and others?

Does people on accutane get rash/dermatitis during treatment?

And do they go away easily? I hope they don't stay there for a long time.

I don't mind getting it on my body, but my neck.....now that's no good. Might have to wear band aid with all these redness and patches of dry skin on my neck.

I guess lip balm would be good for these dermatitis because moisturiser are too weak. I am going to get some soon.

Good luck to you all.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:22 PM   #30
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

now when i take a shower and dry my legs thet stay dry and my arms are getting those dry pacthes as well. The good thing is im half way there. Also my lips are dry even though i use lip balm and aquaphor. I have gotten rashes but i believe they could of been avoided if I moisturize in that particular spot.

Closed Thread