It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Accutane Journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2004, 06:41 AM   #46
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User
    Re: Accutane Journal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiselPower4
    i just got a nose beed right now. Ah well. my face is clearing up im not using any topicals anymore. and my skin is finally smooth. Just those chapped lips!!! But for some reason when i sweat i start itching!!!!
    I noticed that when I sweat during exercise, I start itching too. I'm attributing it to accutane since that's never happened to me before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #47
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

yeah , i start itching especially on the side of my neck. That hasnt happened to me before niether.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:29 AM   #48
    JiminyBiscuit

JiminyBiscuit HB User

I am nearing the end of my second week. If I sweat I start itching really bad all around where face meets neck. It's pretty annoying. Also, my face gets BRIGHT red when doing any exercise.

I just ordered some 'Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer' along with some other Neutrogena lip product to use at night to restore moisture. I hear they're pretty good stuff. Anyone tried them?

Old 07-13-2004, 08:32 AM   #49
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

My itching is around that area too, plus the back of my neck, right under my hairline.

Last edited by BostonGirl44; 07-13-2004 at 08:42 AM.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:32 AM   #50
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Oops, double post.

Last edited by BostonGirl44; 07-13-2004 at 08:42 AM.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:42 AM   #51
    soulman

soulman HB User

Do you guys shower once or twice a day? I know frequent showering can make the dryness worse, unless you are very diligent with your moisturiser.

I also have the neck dryness/itchyness.

Who here take 20mg per day?

Old 07-14-2004, 07:40 AM   #52
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soulman
    Do you guys shower once or twice a day? I know frequent showering can make the dryness worse, unless you are very diligent with your moisturiser.

I also have the neck dryness/itchyness.

Who here take 20mg per day?
    Once a day (that's the way it's always been for me), but I noticed that after starting accutane, I have to put on moisturizer immediately so that I don't completely dry out.

Old 07-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #53
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

I went to the new DERM and he made me get on a scale and i weighed 147. YYEES guess what he says you should be on 60 mgs instead of 80 and plus your acne isnt bad anymore. I was so mad i wanted to argue with him but ofcourse im not. Oh, and i asked him about the stunt growth side effect and he said that only happens if you play contact sports and break a bone he said it does weaken ure growths plates but if you dont brake them then nothing will happen. Boston how many mgs are you taking a day?

Old 07-14-2004, 07:58 PM   #54
    JiminyBiscuit

JiminyBiscuit HB User

I also weight about the same. Fluctuates between 145-153 or so. I hope my derm will still up my dose to 80.
    I'm on day 14 and my nose is starting to look funny. They don't exactly look like blackheads. But each pore looks dark and kind of 'shaded' like there are blackheads emerging from way down underneath. About how long does it usually take for them to come out once this starts happening.
    Half of the first month is just about over and so far so good!

Old 07-14-2004, 10:40 PM   #55
    whyme14

whyme14 HB User

based on your experiences i was wondering what you guys think about if i dont suffer an initial break out how fast could i clear... or see improvements.. i know its hard to answer but any input would be great... i have klondike days in about 15 days.. even slight improvement would be great i should start accutane tomorow.. rite now i have about 6 or 8 active pimples and some smaller ones,,, i know its hard to paint a picture based on that info but i am just wondering and i have my fingers crossed lol

Old 07-15-2004, 06:49 AM   #56
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiselPower4
    I went to the new DERM and he made me get on a scale and i weighed 147. YYEES guess what he says you should be on 60 mgs instead of 80 and plus your acne isnt bad anymore. I was so mad i wanted to argue with him but ofcourse im not. Oh, and i asked him about the stunt growth side effect and he said that only happens if you play contact sports and break a bone he said it does weaken ure growths plates but if you dont brake them then nothing will happen. Boston how many mgs are you taking a day?
    Disel,
    I'm on 40 mg/day. But I take two 40 mg pills on Saturdays and Sundays. I know nothing about the weight to mg ratio but I assumed my derm knew what he was talking about lol. I weigh 120.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:06 AM   #57
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whyme14
    based on your experiences i was wondering what you guys think about if i dont suffer an initial break out how fast could i clear... or see improvements.. i know its hard to answer but any input would be great... i have klondike days in about 15 days.. even slight improvement would be great i should start accutane tomorow.. rite now i have about 6 or 8 active pimples and some smaller ones,,, i know its hard to paint a picture based on that info but i am just wondering and i have my fingers crossed lol
    I didn't suffer an initial breakout and I was clear probably within 2 weeks. I only had one active (and I mean extremely active) cyst on my cheek that didn't improve with the accutane since my derm told me it wouldn't make existing pimples go away but rather prevent new ones from forming. It's hard to tell what you might go through but hopefully it'll all turn out the way you want.

Old 07-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #58
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

One week left of my 3rd month and i havent had a break out. I hope i dont get anymore breakouts!!! No more back ache either. IM happy!!! lol

Old 07-17-2004, 10:04 PM   #59
    JiminyBiscuit

JiminyBiscuit HB User

today is day 17 and i'm still seeing improvement with no new spots (at least not bad ones). blackheads are starting to surface especially on both sides of my nose at the corners. this area itches especially bad and my scalp is super flaky. i bought some infusium23 hair reconstructor and moisturizing stuff hoping it might help.
    there is only one thing that concerns me. i seem to be losing weight since i started. this happen to anyone else?

Old 07-17-2004, 10:19 PM   #60
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

Yeah that is normal, are you stricted on your eating? I know bc i didnt want to raise my cholesterol . I lost 10 lbs, a lil bit of fat but mostly muscle mass. Dont worry.

Last edited by DiselPower4; 07-17-2004 at 10:20 PM.

Closed Thread