It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Accutane Journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #661
    Trashmaster
    (male)

Trashmaster HB User
    Re: Accutane Journal

so will you skin stay clear after the treatment no matter what, like if you drink alcohol i heard that breaks people out, will it make me break out after accutane??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 08:34 AM   #662
    KyleDale
    (male)

KyleDale HB User

I have dranken alcohol quite a bit after my treatment ended in december, i have even on the occassion smoked pot but have not once gotten another pimple since.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #663
    neumann

neumann HB User

my dermatologist told me that drinking alcohol has no affect while on accutane. She said that the only time you cannot drink is the night before blood tests. Something about alcohol increases triglycerides and that will show up in the results. Not too farmiliar with what she was talking about, I was just excited that I can drink on accutane considering I will be on it in the summer. However, I am going to keep my drinking to a minimum.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:23 PM   #664
    Trashmaster
    (male)

Trashmaster HB User

i thought you weren't supposed to because on my package it said do not drink alcohol while on this medication. ???

Old 03-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #665
    neumann

neumann HB User

yeah I heard a lot of people saying that you can't drink on it but my derm told me other wise. I will ask her again to make sure, and I will tell her that it says on the package not to drink alcohol.

I was prescribed 80mg/day to start....isnt this high? Everyone else that I have read started on 40 a day. I'm going to start out taking 2 40mg pills a day, and to tell u the truth im scared as ****. I do not want to breakout too much, and I heard so much about the initial breakout. How long does the initial breakout generally last?

Last edited by neumann; 03-06-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #666
    turnover20
    (male)

turnover20 HB User

DAY 136, 2 small pimples rapidly clearing. Still have some whiteheads that have been aroudn for awhile (but u cant see those). Red marks keep fading--- hydroquinone (porcelana).

Old 03-07-2005, 02:24 AM   #667
    arc1337
    (male)

arc1337 HB User

Not everyone goes through an initial breakout, so try not to worry yourself. I myself didn't have an initial breakout, things jus kept gettin better

Old 03-07-2005, 05:14 AM   #668
    KyleDale
    (male)

KyleDale HB User

In my opinion I never really had an initial breakout, my face just brokeout the same as always for the first 2-3 months then everything was good from there

Old 03-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #669
    turnover20
    (male)

turnover20 HB User

DAY 138, all pimples GONE!!! only red marks remain, also my face and hands are extremely red. Only 42 days left

Old 03-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #670
    LkK2507
    (female)

LkK2507 HB User

I havent had an initial break out either and I think I would have had one by now. Im ending month 2. Things are great! I have had a couple of break out here in the last 3 weeks or so but they arent bad. No crazy thoughts of killing myself! only symtoms are the usual dryness. I cant wait till no pimples!

Old 03-08-2005, 06:28 PM   #671
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

Since you have not had a big break out can you tell me how your skin was before you started taking the accutane i know you have not been on it that long yet how is it going for you or anyone else please I am supposed to start it I have the pills and I am now getting nervous I am so scared to break out worse maybe because my face looks alittle better this week but last week I stayed in the house and cried all week then it gets alittle better then worse. I just do not know if I should start taking this I also would go into July what about the sun I do not want to get hyperpigmenation marks again. Does that happen? Anyones help I would appreciate. My skin has moderate acne I guess I just want to know that it will clear me and I wonder if I will get cysts as I only get it once in a while. Thanks

Old 03-08-2005, 07:51 PM   #672
    mikeryanrebecca
    (male)

mikeryanrebecca HB User

hey guys.
    I am verry pleased with how this has worked. I am shocked that I am almost at month 5. This has gone so unbelievably fast. My face is looking very good pimple-wise. I havent had a pimple reach the surface in weeks. The redmarks are still visible, but they seem to be fading. One problem that I have been encountering lately has been extreme dryness of my skin, especially my face. I actually have to mouisterize 2 times in the morning before I go to school and even then its dry and flaky again by 930am. I am probly mousturizing about 5-6 times a day. I just cant believe that there is only about a month left in my treatment. I am recovering from the mental effects caused by acne, and I believe that the future is looking bright. I just hope to god that my acne doesnt come back when I am done the treatment. But I have high hopes. Good luck to you all!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #673
    KyleDale
    (male)

KyleDale HB User

WELL!!!!!!!!!

So some of you might remember me, but most probably don't because my journal hasn't been updated for over 18 months or so but I always wondered what happened to my accutane journal because I couldn't remember the forum I posted it on but somehow today it came to me. After doing a little searching I was able to find it and saw that it had over 750 posts which astonishes me because it shows what great support there is out there for people experiences the same problems. Anyways I wanted to make another update, its been 3 years since I started my treatment and well here it goes!!!!!

3 year update- I have now learned that accutane is and was truly my cure for acne. Since I last posted and was no longer getting outbreaks I have not had one breakout. Don't get me wrong, I'll still get an occasional pimple or two but they go away pretty quickly normal. Since my first and only 6 month accutane dose I have never had to get anything else done because like I said it cured me. My scars I had on the side of my cheeks and virtually invisible now and my life has been so much better not having to deal with acne everyday. If antibiotics and cremes have failed you, I wouldn't hesistate to try and get accutane after my experience...

I'll check this out and answer any questions that people may have...I'm very happy I found this and its great to be back!

Closed Thread