It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Accutane Journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2004, 10:25 PM   #61
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User
    Re: Accutane Journal

3rd month last week. The only side effect i have is chapped lips. My back pain is gone. No new pimples or breakouts. Im happpy. It looks like im just going to get clearer and clearer finally. But, ofcourse that might not happen. Will report if i do get a breakout.

SHAQ DISEL HAS ARRIVED !!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2004, 07:29 AM   #62
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiselPower4
    3rd month last week. The only side effect i have is chapped lips. My back pain is gone. No new pimples or breakouts. Im happpy. It looks like im just going to get clearer and clearer finally. But, ofcourse that might not happen. Will report if i do get a breakout.

SHAQ DISEL HAS ARRIVED !!!!!!!!!!
    Disel,

Glad to hear that your back pain is gone and you have no new breakouts! I hope you continue to improve. My back pain seems to be lessening, but it's still there. Oh well, I guess it's a good excuse to keep getting professional massages.

Old 07-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #63
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User
    Talking Re: Accutane Journal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BostonGirl44
    Disel,

Glad to hear that your back pain is gone and you have no new breakouts! I hope you continue to improve. My back pain seems to be lessening, but it's still there. Oh well, I guess it's a good excuse to keep getting professional massages.

OH your sooo lucky!!!!

Old 07-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #64
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Man i can't freakin wait for my insurance to start. Its starting on september 25, i will have an appointment setup the day after or as soon after as possible. Anyone taken accutane during winter? I remember last year, this is when my cysts where bad. My face has been doing a lot better cyst wise since i stopped eating cheese. I still get some on jaw and few on chin, but other than that im not doing as bad as before. My face does get pretty oily, i dab my face maybe 3 times a day with paper towels at work, think this might be having a good effect too..dunno.

Anyways, im so excited to finally be able to visit a derm for the first time since i have had acne. (4yrs)

Which is probably not as long as some of you, i myself cannot go any longer...

Hopefully ill be looking good, or at least making good progress by my 22nd b-day in the middle of November. Damn, septemeber is never gonna come!

Good luck with accutane ladies and gents, can't wait till i can finally start me a little journal on here.

Old 07-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #65
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiselPower4
    OH your sooo lucky!!!!
    Yeah, but it's too bad the woman I go to is moving.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:35 PM   #66
    JJ73

JJ73 HB User

Boston, Disel, or others -

How long was it before you starting seeing clear results on Accutane? I just finished my 10th day (I skipped one day which I think was o.k. I had a bad headache and I wasn't sure if it was the Accutane, or the stress at work. I think it was work, because I haven't had one since). I am having the initial breakout, and was wondering about when I could expect this to start getting better. My derm only told me "a couple of weeks". Boston, I think you said you didn't have an initial breakout... but I'm wondering when you started noticing good results.

Oh yeah... Boston I think I read on another post that you still had your eyebrows waxed while on Accutane? How bad was it? My skin is so sensitive, but I really need an eyebrow wax! I am afraid it will really hurt...or burn the skin.

Thanks !!

Old 07-18-2004, 08:55 PM   #67
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

It depends some poeple have there inital breakout and get clear the next week others in a month. My 10th, i also had my breakout , after that i was clear that whole month until every month i had my dosage raised, I would breakout because of it.

Old 07-19-2004, 03:44 AM   #68
    soulman

soulman HB User

I am quitting the accutane.

My neck is a mess......it's got patches of red and dry skin which looks very bad. Myt neck was normal B4 I start. Obviously, I am on my 25 days on accutane and the side-effects definitely outweigh the benefit. My oil has decreased so I am happy with that. However, scratches on my face and dry,flakey skin is not worth it. The area below my chin is just a mess with redness, itchiness and dermatitis bumps on area within my neck.

I am having an appointment with my dermatologist in 11 days time and this is when I will quit unless my neck improve.

Sorry about the bad news and GL to you all.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:28 AM   #69
    JiminyBiscuit

JiminyBiscuit HB User

soulman -
    how many mg's are you taking?

Old 07-19-2004, 08:32 AM   #70
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JJ73
    Boston, Disel, or others -

How long was it before you starting seeing clear results on Accutane? I just finished my 10th day (I skipped one day which I think was o.k. I had a bad headache and I wasn't sure if it was the Accutane, or the stress at work. I think it was work, because I haven't had one since). I am having the initial breakout, and was wondering about when I could expect this to start getting better. My derm only told me "a couple of weeks". Boston, I think you said you didn't have an initial breakout... but I'm wondering when you started noticing good results.

Oh yeah... Boston I think I read on another post that you still had your eyebrows waxed while on Accutane? How bad was it? My skin is so sensitive, but I really need an eyebrow wax! I am afraid it will really hurt...or burn the skin.

Thanks !!
    Hi JJ73,

That's right, I didn't have an initial breakout but I didn't see a real big change until about the beginning of the second month. During the first month is when the blackheads in my nose and cheek areas started coming out and my face was so disgustingly oily, much worse than usual. I could see my shiny reflection in the glass around my cubicle at work and it was pretty embarassing how oily my face was. Gradually, it got better and now my face is dry and normal. I do have to moisturize in the morning and night which I've never had to do before.

As for the waxing, the first time I went back after starting accutane was interesting. I was pretty scared because I knew it was something I shouldn't be doing but I can't go without waxing. I have extremely sensitive skin, like you said you have. When I got back home, the skin between my eyelids and brows were swollen beyond belief and they were so red. I immediately put ice on them and that took the swelling down a bit. It was swollen for about 2 days but not too noticiable. Of course, I was focused on them. This past Thursday I got them waxed again and there was no swelling problem. The second I got home, I put some preparation H on them to counteract any swelling and it worked wonders.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:35 AM   #71
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soulman
    I am quitting the accutane.

My neck is a mess......it's got patches of red and dry skin which looks very bad. Myt neck was normal B4 I start. Obviously, I am on my 25 days on accutane and the side-effects definitely outweigh the benefit. My oil has decreased so I am happy with that. However, scratches on my face and dry,flakey skin is not worth it. The area below my chin is just a mess with redness, itchiness and dermatitis bumps on area within my neck.

I am having an appointment with my dermatologist in 11 days time and this is when I will quit unless my neck improve.

Sorry about the bad news and GL to you all.
    Soulman,

I'm sorry to hear that you're going to be quitting accutane. I can completely understand how irritating the itchiness and redness are because I've had that problem on my arms. What's your dosage?

Old 07-19-2004, 08:38 PM   #72
    Beams222

Beams222 HB User

Hi everyone! I am soooo excited! I just started accutane today. I'll keep you all posted. I currently have oily skin. I only have one zit right now, which is a miracle, because I have been breaking out sooooo bad over the last few months as a result of not taking my BC pills. Big mistake! So, I've been on Ortho Tri Cyclen for the last 2 months as well as Doxy and Benzaclin. I have tons of red marks all over my face so I look like I have really bad acne. I don't want to take antibiotics any longer and nothing has really helped as far as topicals are concerned. so, accutane is my last hope. I've suffered from acne since I was 12, and I am 27 now. It's been so bad that I won't go swimming because I don't want anybody to see my face and my chest is also broken out. I can't even wear low cut shirts or tank tops, let alone a bathing suit. I'll keep you all posted about how everything goes.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:42 PM   #73
    soulman

soulman HB User

Hello
    I am quitting as immediately 25 days in.

My whole neck area is a real mess. That's the worse side effect. My oily skin has reduced so I am happy with that. But the neck is far worse than the face.

I think if people are using accutane for oily skin and mild/moderate acne should be cautious of this drug. I have been reading about accutane more lately and the side effect is really bad. I also read that accutane is a drug used for neck cancer in the 1970's so I better get that check out.

I was on 40mg daily and I lowered it to 20mg when the neck thing first appear. It's been 11 days or so and it's still there and getting worse. I rather quit before it gets worse.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:06 AM   #74
    avron
    (male)

avron HB User

Hello soulman,

Yes, if you had mild/moderate acne, accutane should be considerd seriously before starting it.

Usually derms don't prescribe it unless you have persistant adult acne or none of the other treatments showed any improvement.

Anyway was it your decision to quit? or was it your derms? I would see my derm before quitting.

Old 07-20-2004, 05:19 AM   #75
    DiselPower4
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

DiselPower4 HB User

That's kinda weird that you would be getting that dry at the neck so early and in a low dose. Ask your Derm maybe if you like he can give you something for the rash and dryness and be on a low dose for 4 months. Good Luck to you too! Yes the common side effects are very annoying!!

Closed Thread