It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Cystic acne and cheese....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #1
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
    Cystic acne and cheese....

Im so happy i found my main cystic acne cause. My face is doing AWESOME. And cysts are rare and short lived now. My thing was cheese. Especially melted cheese. I tell you it does suck, but cysts suck more. And it took me so long to figure out why i was getting cysts all the time, and ate cheese everyday, now i know why. :P

I dunno if its like this for everyone, but give up cheese for a while and see if it is your primary cause too. Now i got just a few lil whiteheads (i pop em) so redmarks are still here, but cysts are rare now. Instead daily breakouts.

THIS IS GRRREAT!

I also don't drink milk anymore, yogurt, and don't drink leftover milk in cereal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2004, 08:13 AM   #2
    joquiero
    Inactive

joquiero HB User
    Re: Cystic acne and cheese....

Congratulations!!! I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are numerous non dairy cheeses out there that are really good - you ought to check your local healthfood store. I eat a 'cheese' made from brown rice (weird, i know!) but it tastes just like cheese!! I even had a colleague taste it and they thought it was cheese. The brand is (i think) Soyco - in a light blue packaging - but I think they're the only ones who make a brown rice cheese.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you don't have to give up the texture or taste of cheese just because dairy breaks you out.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:16 AM   #3
    joquiero
    Inactive

joquiero HB User

Also, have you ever tried rice milk? Rice Dream brand is the most amazing 'milk' - its so creamy and white its just like the real thing!! You could also try soy milk - in particular 'Silk' brand - though rice milk is definately more like real milk than soy milk. (but soy milk has more protein) Neither have ANY dairy whatsoever and shouldn't break you ought.

Old 06-27-2004, 09:32 AM   #4
    avron
    (male)

avron HB User

I agree, CHEESE IS EVIL. man I was in love with dairy, and just now I realized it's one of the main reasons why I keep breaking out.
    I am never drinking milk.

Closed Thread