It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• I think my acne is due to poor digestion...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-11-2004, 01:06 PM   #1
    dinguyen11
    (male)

dinguyen11 HB User
    I think my acne is due to poor digestion...

i have a very difficult time using the bathroom and experience a lot of constipation and gas. I guess because my body has a hard time releasing toxins the rite way, it all goes to my face. Ive been on a low fat diet for about 2 weeks now, which i eat a lot of veggies,fruits, avoid red meat, and drink plenty of water. anyways, what i wanted to ask was how can i improve my digestion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #2
    joquiero
    Inactive

joquiero HB User
    Re: I think my acne is due to poor digestion...

You could try the following:

digestive enzymes - you can buy them at the healthfood store.

ginger and mint teas are good digestive aids.

accodophilus as it helps to increase the good flora in the intestine that kills the bad bacteria in food which may make digestion more difficult.

rethink your low fat diet - our body NEEDS some sort of fat ie from fish, avocado, olive oil etc. A tablespoon of fresh flaxseed oil with omegas 3,6,9 is WONDERFUL for the body

cut your carbs as it throws your intestinal flora outta wack and encourages an overgrowth of yeast which contributes to skin disorders.

BTW: If you think you have digestion issues, you could maybe talk to your doctor as there are many ways to test how you body is absorbing the nutrients in your food.

Last edited by joquiero; 07-11-2004 at 02:01 PM.

Old 07-11-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
    meof3

meof3 HB User

I take vitamin E for my acne,800 IU a day.It is an antioxidant that works great for my skin.Its not expencive and you can get it at the dollar general store for 2 bucks or you can get it any were they sell vitamins for a few more dollars.

Old 07-11-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
    Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

Do you, uh smoke weed by chance? Because this can be a cause for having a hard time taking a crap. If so, lay off it for a bit and then try.

If not, then talk to a doctor about some medicine?

Old 07-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #5
    joquiero
    Inactive

joquiero HB User

You could always eat a little bowl of raita with or after your meal (mix some live plain yoghurt, mint leaves, and diced english cucumber). Indian people eat it during their meal to aid digestion.

Last edited by joquiero; 07-11-2004 at 02:48 PM.

Old 07-11-2004, 06:22 PM   #6
    cuongsy

cuongsy HB User

I've found that my acne has a link to my digestion also, whenever I have constipation I usually get a breakout.

The key to better digestion is FIBER, water, non-greasy food, fruits, and FIBER.

Cut the Mcdonalds and go on a cave-man diet, predominetely sticking to meats and fruits. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Fiber is essential! I supplement fiber with metamucil, powder works best, I take 4-6 teaspoons throughout the day.

I've tried digestive enzymes but never really felt that they worked. Chinese herbs work wonders in keeping the digestive system healthy.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:24 PM   #7
    idioteque3636
    Inactive

idioteque3636 HB User

you need some fiber man. go out and buy some fiberone cereal. Just make sure you dont eat TOO MUCH. green vegtables are good too, oatmeal is great. You need about 20-30 grams of fiber a day.

Old 07-11-2004, 11:44 PM   #8
    Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

Also what the other guy said, some yogurt. If you can look for something called "Bifidus" or something like that, it has a bacteria in it that will fix you up a bit.

Old 07-12-2004, 02:32 AM   #9
    euro18

euro18 HB User

hey

my acne was in part due to my digestion: I used to eat a lot and spicy foods, which made my face really red and spotty - my acne was at its WORST in those days.

Anyways, all the above ideas are excellent, but also I would advise you to look into the prinicples of foods combining. This basically says not to eat protein with carbs for example, as your body cannot digest them. So, some chicken and potatoes for dinner are a poor combination. Instead, you should eat chicken w/ some veggies. If you must eat pasta etc then eat it with say tomato sauce , not meat.

Also, only drink liquid half an hour BEFORE a meal and an hour and a half AFTER a meal, as otherwise liquid will interfere with your digestive process. Any exercise is also beneficial in improving your digestion.

Fruits and veggies are the best places to get fibre. Especially fruits such as apples and grapes, they really help move roughage along!

Good luck.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:49 AM   #10
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User

well i just thought i would let you know that eating fruits and veggies causes more gas than not because you are eating more fiber -but you should go to the bathroom easier-just dont eat too many apples or too much celery. eating some dried or fresh apricots helps as well,
    as for digestion, peppermint tea is the best thing you can drink to alleviate heartburn or sour stomach. ginger tea stimulates digestives juices. Try to stay away from too much dairy products-most people have some trouble digesting these even if they arent lactose intolerant.l to help digestion you could buy supplements, you could also eat pineapple or papya. and, eating some greek yogurt or organic yogurt might help-also you could take a probiotic supplement (liquid or pearl form is best). try not to eat too fast! and too late a night. exercise helps constipation too.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #11
    dinguyen11
    (male)

dinguyen11 HB User

what is a good probiotic?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #12
    joquiero
    Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dinguyen11
    what is a good probiotic?
    Jarrow Formulas 'accodophulus or good old live, plain yoghurt ( i think goldenseal too - but I could be wrong)

Old 07-13-2004, 09:43 AM   #13
    vio
    Inactive

vio HB User

try drinking 1-2 oz. of apple cider vinegar with a bit of water after each meal. it really helps with digestion and it's really cheap. sometimes i have issues with digestion and it's always worked for me. i have a issue with garlic powder that seems to run in my family. let's just say you wouldn't want to be in the same room with me after i eat that stuff. however, if i drink apple cider vinegar then it doeasn't bother me (or anyone else) one bit. it's always help whenever i get constipated as well. cheers.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:31 PM   #14
    Buck Rogers
    Inactive

Buck Rogers HB User

I crap 2 times a day and have acne.

Closed Thread