It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• taking benzamycin , was just prescribed differan to take along with benzamycin now

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
    eatnow
    (male)

eatnow HB User
    taking benzamycin , was just prescribed differan to take along with benzamycin now

I've been on benzamycin for about 4 months and the results are okay but as of today when i went back for my follow up appointment, my dermatologist prescribed me differan (or defferan SP?) to take along wtih my benzamycin. My question is, is this right? Is this a bad thing, i mean taking two facial medication. I mean, benzamycin, you're suppose to apply (2x a day) once in the morning and before you go to sleep (at night basically). Now that I'm taking differan along with benzamycin, differan instructions mentinos how the user should use it once a day, at night. So at night, how does this work, does it matter which i apply first? should i let it dry first, one or the other? For instance, with benzamycin, it mentions how the user shoudl let it dry for 20 minute at least before applying say facial sun blcok liek spf 15. So if i were to apply benzamycin first, should i wait 20 minutes before apply differan? OR should i just apply differan first then follow up with benzamycin. I was given the gel form of differan by my dermatologist because he mention how the gel form of differan would work better with the cream form of benzamycin (i believe its the cream form, since you have to place it in the fridge). Just curious as to your thoughts or as to if anyone else is taking dual medication like benzamycin along with differan or retin-a along with like differan, etc. Supposedly differan is suppose to supress the pimples while benzamycin helps eliminate it

Last edited by eatnow; 07-22-2004 at 06:29 PM. Reason: title doesn't make sense

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
    troutman

troutman HB User
    Re: taking benzamycin , was just prescribed differan to take along with benzamycin now

I was using tazorac and benz together but I quit the taz and now just use benz. I think taz and differen are close to the same and the taz was way harsh for me. I am starting to think to many products make things worse?

Old 07-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #3
    shawngt2

shawngt2 HB User
    Re: taking benzamycin , was just prescribed differan to take along with benzamycin now

Word of advice, i was on Differin for a month and I kept getting big zits and the redness of all the previous lesions was embarrasing. I switched to Retin-A Micro and it made the world of difference. No irritation and a stronger product because my skin peeled more which is great for cleaning pores and my skin has accepted it perfectly.

Just trying to save you some time.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:53 PM   #4
    eatnow
    (male)

eatnow HB User

Funny you bring this up, well sad for me cause I was first prescribed retin-a which totally messed me up. Left me with red marks and scars. When i decided to get off it, my face is so much better and my pimples are barely there now (small ones that is, no more huge ones, unlke when i was on retin-a). This is when i made the switch to benzamycin but was also presscribed differin since i'm not 100percent clear or as good as i would like but i only get small pimples now so im' glad

Old 07-23-2004, 07:56 PM   #5
    troutman

troutman HB User

i use duac only now with a light moisterizer and my skin is much better!

Closed Thread