It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Anyone else get huge spots on their neck?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-26-2004, 10:14 AM   #1
    HannahUK
    (female)

HannahUK HB User
    Anyone else get huge spots on their neck?

It wasn't until a couple of months ago that I started getting spots on my neck. I get them on th left and/or right hand side, which I would predict would be caused by hair touching it all day, but I have short hair. I haven't changed my diet or my hair products or my washing powder....I cannot think what's causing them.

It seems as if they come up overnight and I can just describe them as massive bumps. You cannot squeeze them, or do anything to them, they just appear and then take ages to disappear.

Does anyone else get them? what's the best way to get rid of them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 12:19 AM   #2
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User
    Re: Anyone else get huge spots on their neck?

Are they dry spots or acne? Also, what medications are you on?

Old 07-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
    HannahUK
    (female)

HannahUK HB User

I'm not sure what you mean by dry spots but they never come to a head. They are honestly just big bumps that. I try to squeeze them but it just makes them worse. They only really become red when I poke them...other than they they're just bumps that come and go. I don't know how else to describe them! but they look horrible.

I'm on inositol and saw palmetto and zinc but I started them after I started getting the spots. I changed to the dianette bcp but I also think that was after the spots appeared. I have basically put it down to hormones but I really don't know what to do with them. if I leave them and wait for them to go in their own time they take AGES. I'm putting this Sage skincare sulphar fixzit stuff on them and it seems to help a little bit. I never know whether to go at them with a sterilised pin....because I have popped a couple of them (it was no easy task) and they went away a LOT quicker. I would just like to pop them without being so brutal!

I'm sure there's nothing else I can do other than what I am doing already, I just thought I would see if anyone else had any advice.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:58 PM   #4
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User

I believe you might have cystic acne from the way it sounds. You might need some topicals along side with some oral antibiotic. Ask your doctor or dermatologist on what they recommend. I had several of those a week ago and they used to come and go as they pleased but now all except for 1 or 2 remain. I had cool touch laser done, I am taking tetracycline, using 8%BP face wash, with DUAC topical cream at night (1%clindy. and 5%BP). I hope this helps you ... its slowly healing my face, but its healing it. I had mild acne (of course on the deep end of mild) but its starting to get a lot better. Watch out for foods high in sugar ... it makes my cystic acne flare more. I have been eating grapes, and got a new friend! Hopefully it will go away when I stop eating them, time for experimentation.

Closed Thread