It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Ground Flax Seed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
    lainosuta
    (female)

lainosuta HB User
    Ground Flax Seed

Hi! I've read on this board for a few months now, and I've finally developed a question that wasn't already asked or atleast that I couldn't find.

I've been eating whole flax seed for a long time now, and I always assumed I was getting benefits from doing so(I had a problem with losing a lot of hair and after a few months, the problem just disappeared), but lately I've heard that I have to grind flax to get the full benefit because the seed coating doesn't digest well, keeping you from absorbing alot of the nutrients of flax.

If this is so, can you grind flax seed and store it somewhere, or does it not store well? I've heard flax doesn't respond well to heat, so would grinding it make it more sensitive to just a normal room tempeture?

Also, there is brown and golden flax seed, and I can't find anything that states what the difference in these are. I think perhaps that golden might digest better than brown, is what it is.

I'm 19 and I've been eating flax seed for about two years.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #2
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User
    Re: Ground Flax Seed

You can buy ground flax seed at certain stores. Instead of making your own from whole flax seed you should just buy that already ground ones.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:40 AM   #3
    Rickhard
    Inactive

Rickhard HB User

i buy brown flax seed for 89 cents a pound. brown is just as good as gold. i read gold has 1% more oil, big deal, that doesn't justify 50 cents or more per pound. flaxmeal doesn't store real well. the seeds do. keep them dry. buy a coffee grinder and grind them right before eating. i boil 2 cups water, 1 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup ground flax seeds for ten minutes on medium heat. i add a little molasses and 1%percent, tastes great. i'm doing great on it. i'm off antidepressant and anti-anxiety meds, allergy and asthma meds reduced 90%, don't feel cold any more[serious problem for ten years, exercise capacity increased 33% to 50%. i started this on june 21, 2004. i started feeling better on june 23. good luck

Old 08-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #4
    Detroit82
    (male)

Detroit82 HB User

just curious... what does Flax Seed do for your face? ... and where can you buy it??

Closed Thread