It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The Wonders of Aloe Vera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2004, 01:54 AM   #166
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User
    Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

Quote:
    Originally Posted by acnemom
    Please forgive me if this is a repeat question, put do you use anything else besides aloe vera, can aloe vera be applied over bp or over anti-bacterial topicals or is it best alone?
    It's okay we've addressed that, but yes it can. I current apply it over a BP/Antibiotic prescription and it is very effective. GL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #167
    bleestic
    (male)

bleestic HB User

Would mixing jojoba oil with benzoyl peroxide be a good combination for dry skin?

Old 01-02-2005, 07:15 PM   #168
    Needzhelp
    Inactive
    (male)

Needzhelp HB User

I tried this last night and it burned a lot!! is it from all the cuts on my face or is that how it's suppose to feel??

Old 01-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #169
    evy38
    Inactive
    (female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Accutane Dude
    If you look at post #74 in this thread I said how I was experimenting with using Aloe 24/7. I had it on all last night and all day yesterday and night and all last night. Now I can honestly say it was weird, my skin would burn a lot with it on last night. I think I would stick to just putting it on at night and peeling it off in the morning (don't wash it off). I haven't noticed any problem with my skin after peeling it off this morning, but better safe then sorry and like they say, too much of anything is never a good thing.
    Using Aloe 24/7 is not a good idea. It is drying and has enzymes, enzymes are good for eating away dead skin, can make you look younger and assist in exfolation, but the drying effects could make your acne worse. I'm sorry Accutane Dude, but an earlier poster was right, it is not necessary to slather handfuls on your face. A nice thin coat will serve the same purpose. Aloe should not clog your pores, the opposite in fact, but if it has other ingredients, they may clog them. Heads up everybody, 100% pure Aloe MUST be refridgerated, so if you are using a gel tha doesn't need to be, it has some kind of presertative in it. That can be a good or bad thing. It keeps the product safe, but your skin may react to it. 100% pure gel will only last a couple weeks with out it. Just a few facts I've learned about Aloe over the years. Loaded with lots of wonderful trace minerals and vitamins too, btw. Good stuff.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #170
    evy38
    Inactive
    (female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ric
    Hey people, I haven't been on this board for a while, but thought I'd share my knowledge with you.

I suffer with mild to moderate acne. I regularly use Pure Jojoba Oil. It works by mimicking sebum (natual oil produced by the skin) thus decreasing oil production, it is also filled with natural Vitamin E which is full of antioxidents (very beneficial for the skin). I've been doing this for roughly two weeks, my complexion is a lot smoother, I have fantastic skin tone and a dramatic decrease in new spots. My problem at the moment is red marks, I've tried to find products to fade them. After reading reviews on Aloe Vera I decided to use it, but by mixing pure aloe vera with jojoba oil. Jojoba Oil stops the dryness that Aloe causes and makes my skin look fantastic...! For the first time in years I've been complimented on how I have a nice complexion, skin tone etc. I thought people were joking at first, but now I can see what they are all talking about. Yes I'm in the early stages and yes I still have some small whiteheads on my face, but, aloe counteracts the redness, jojoba conteracts the oil production and bacteria cannot survive in it and they both work together brilliantly...!

Thought I'd share my knowledge with you all...

Laters
    This is exactly what I'm doing and am very pleased so far.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #171
    evy38
    Inactive
    (female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neca
    Guys I did this peeling thing that a lot of you have talked about on here and I must say I think it did more harm than good to my skin. It's like peeling celloptape off your skin. My skin felt really irritated after I peeled off the Aloe Vera and yes some remains of pimples also came off but only because they were forefully pulled off by the Aloe's cellotape effect. The pimple remain, it was just the scap and top layer of the pimple that came off. I can't see how this can help your skin as you are interrupting in your skin's natural healing process therefore prematurely ending it.

Maybe it works for some of you guys but I would probably advise that it might be better to only do it max once a week and other times just wash the AV off instead. I'm not too sure I'm gonna do it again....ouch!
    Peeling is a bad idea and wastes product.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:22 PM   #172
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Needzhelp
    I tried this last night and it burned a lot!! is it from all the cuts on my face or is that how it's suppose to feel??
    You probably don't have 100% pure aloe, try fruit of the earth. Make sure it is 100%!! not 99.9999. 100% It's hard to find but worth it once you dig it up.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #173
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Ok, I just tried this and it stings. I know that I used 100% aloe vera because I squeezed it right out of my plant! I actually used it on my neck where I have an irritation from being out in the sun too long. I use green cream and this makes me more sensitive to the sun. It is REALLY stinging and itchy...I just went to wash it off. It is still stinging and itchy, but not quite as bad. I don't think I will try it on my face. My skin is a little pink from using Retin-a micro and I thought it might help. Maybe it is not good to use straight from the plant?

Old 08-18-2005, 08:20 AM   #174
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by health15
    Ok, I just tried this and it stings. I know that I used 100% aloe vera because I squeezed it right out of my plant! I actually used it on my neck where I have an irritation from being out in the sun too long. I use green cream and this makes me more sensitive to the sun. It is REALLY stinging and itchy...I just went to wash it off. It is still stinging and itchy, but not quite as bad. I don't think I will try it on my face. My skin is a little pink from using Retin-a micro and I thought it might help. Maybe it is not good to use straight from the plant?
    Thats a good question i wonder if anyone else that has tried it can answer that. I have only used fruit of the earth aloe vera i have a big bottle and it does not sting at al. It is very soothing, so i can only stick up for that.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:37 AM   #175
    Pattyanne
    (female)

Pattyanne HB User

I would also recomend changing your pillow cases often. Buy some cheap ones at the dollar store or other. Pillow cases seem to carry a lot of bacteria and I have really noticed a difference when I changed them several times a week.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:46 AM   #176
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pattyanne
    I would also recomend changing your pillow cases often. Buy some cheap ones at the dollar store or other. Pillow cases seem to carry a lot of bacteria and I have really noticed a difference when I changed them several times a week.
    I can second this, i change my pillow case everynight which i think helps a lot.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #177
    sweetie82
    (female)

sweetie82 HB User

HI. I've browsing through this board for the past few months and this thread caught my attention. I read some really good stuff on FOTE 100% aloe vera so I bought a bottle a few days ago. I don't seem to be getting the peeling effect. I loaded on A LOT last night but it was sort of hard to peel this morning so I just washed it off. Does it still work as good if you just wash it off instead of peeling it? also, I don't know if this is normal but after putting on the aloe vera...it was kind of burning? did that happen to anyone? also, the parts where my acne is seems to be redder than usual...is that suppose to happen? also, would the aloe vera have the same affect if i don't refridgerate it? i am confused. please advice...anyone? thank you very much.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #178
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Just a quick update for everyone. I still am using aloe but only after I shave. It's very very effective.

Closed Thread