It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The Wonders of Aloe Vera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2004, 08:44 PM   #31
    qwerasdf

qwerasdf HB User
    Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

how much of the gel do you all put on at night? I tried it 2 days and both times when I woke up there was nothing to peel off....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #32
    Tiefer479
    Veteran
    (female)

Tiefer479 HB User

I've never experienced the peeling effect described in another post, and I also apply it quite liberally. Not to worry; it doesn't mean the aloe vera is not working as it should.

Last edited by Tiefer479; 08-01-2004 at 10:50 AM.

Old 08-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #33
    dan_24272

dan_24272 HB User

I experienced the same thing like xismybaby that Aloe Vera does not really improve my skin, but does not make any worse either. Did you put the gel on your face like some Peanut butter commercials put the butter on the slice bread. Because you said it takes you 90 minutes to dry, but it took me only 5-7 minutes. As long as it's not worsen your acnes, it's a good moisterizer tough.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:13 AM   #34
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)

xismybaby HB User

hey guys, i know i posted that i didnt really have an improvements with the aloe but im starting to change my mind, so i thought i would share...accutanedude said he applies alot of aloe to his face so i started to apply alot more of the aloe gel to my pimples than i used to and it really is dryed them out and is making them heal and go away really fast. i was actually pretty shocked at how quick they are going down and these pimples were cysts. although im not putting it all over my face i feel that it definetly improved those two cysts i had. so i suggest putting alot of it on your face because it works much better. good luck

Old 08-02-2004, 10:27 AM   #35
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Sorry guys been away a while. I'll check this thread more often now.

First of all I use fruit of the earth, it's the best in my opinion.

It's imperative that you cake it on like peanut butter, even more so, put as much as the stuff on as you can, ESPECIALLY overtop of the problem areas. This is what gives the peeling effect in the morning, and creates like a shield for your skin at night from bacteria.

I'm going to scan over some more posts and see what other questions there are

Old 08-02-2004, 10:29 AM   #36
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Green1
    So you don't put any medicines on your face at all or do you rotate them with aloe vera?
    I still apply all my normal medicines as usual. I am on accutane right now and have a fucidin cream, I apply the cream 4 times a day and after my last application just load th aloe on top of it.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #37
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgin Lizzy
    Yeh, do you use any thing else with the mask?
    I used witch hazel, but it is too strong and irritates my skin
    I used a aloe vera mask, not like the one you are using, it was a green gunky mask that you left on for 15 mins. Although it made my skin feel tighter, it didn't help with my spots.
    I am hoping this gel will do better.
    Just use your normal medications and PURE (preferably fruit of the earth) 100% aloe vera.

ugh witch hazel will destroy your face as you noticed. and I've tried those green masks and stuff there crap and you can't really leave on at night so you don't get that all important shield from bacteria while you sleep.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:35 AM   #38
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stasia12
    is it drying or moisturizing/? mixed messages!!
    It actually kind of does both shockingly. It dries up the pimple but moisturizes the skin. Now although some people don't agree with it as being a moisturizer, after I peel it off in the morning I have never really had any dryness at all.

Remember I just use it at night, so if you do what I do and still get dryness there should be no problem in applying a moisturizer in the morning.

Also, I do not wash my face, I'm not sure if that has helped or not but I find it just irritates your skin. and any sort of nutrients the aloe gave me overnight I do not want to wash away

Old 08-02-2004, 10:37 AM   #39
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by qwerasdf
    for ppl who HAVE found aloe vera to be effective: do you guys (or gals) have mild, moderate, or severe acne? Maybe aloe vera is only strong enough to help those with mild acne?
    My acne is in between moderate and severe, and I think this would work well with all kinds of acne. You have to look at it this way.... it's not going to hurt you right? cause you don't have to stop any of your treatments from your derm, so why not do it? I guarantee you will find the benefits to be there as well, the more I use it the more I love it.

1 new zit since I started using it and my face is looking better everyday.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #40
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xismybaby
    hey guys, i know i posted that i didnt really have an improvements with the aloe but im starting to change my mind, so i thought i would share...accutanedude said he applies alot of aloe to his face so i started to apply alot more of the aloe gel to my pimples than i used to and it really is dryed them out and is making them heal and go away really fast. i was actually pretty shocked at how quick they are going down and these pimples were cysts. although im not putting it all over my face i feel that it definetly improved those two cysts i had. so i suggest putting alot of it on your face because it works much better. good luck
    VERY KEY POST! USE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! It may cost a bit more $$$ in the long run, but if you want results you'll have to go that extra mile.

Old 08-03-2004, 09:08 AM   #41
    invisablebeauty

invisablebeauty HB User

just an update-
    ive been applying a thick layer of the fruit of the earth aloe vera gel before bed for the past few nights, and ive definately seen a reduction in the redness. it also really helps with new zits that pop up..put a lot on those and they dry up by the morning.its actually pretty cool how it mosturizes AND dries out the zits. thanx accutane dude for recommending it! im hoping to see more improvement day by day

Old 08-03-2004, 10:02 AM   #42
    Tiefer479
    Veteran
    (female)

Tiefer479 HB User

I'm glad aloe vera has been working for you, but I would caution you not to overdo it; bacteria tends to thrive in moist environments, and it would be counterproductive to lather up your face every night. I would recommend using the aloe vera every other night.

Old 08-03-2004, 10:07 AM   #43
    invisablebeauty

invisablebeauty HB User

ah that makes sense, thanx.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #44
    bggmm

bggmm HB User
    Question Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

AccuDude - Is they aloe vera gel you mention in your post an effective redness reducer, say, after tweezing brows and/or shaving legs? Guess what I'm asking is if it's a good, all-around product. After tweezing/digging out ingrown hairs, the brow area is very raw, which causes the redness, and sore. I'd love to use something to sooth the area and reduce the redness.

Thanks!

(Anyone else have this problem?)

Also, is Accutane used to treat ingrown hairs? (Forgot to ask my Derm yesterday.)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Accutane Dude
    I have to tell you, since I started with Aloe my acne is getting much better and healing faster.

This is what I do. About 90 mins before bed I do my normal routine then afterwards put a thick coat of 100% pure refrigerated aloe vera gel. IT MUST be 100%, not 98%, not 99.5% (althought that might still work) 100%! I get fruit of the looms pure aloe vera gel found at health food stores. now the reason I say 90 mins before bed is because that's about how long it takes for this thick coat to dry up. It feels so nice on your skin too as it goes on nice and cool. So after it dries, head off to bed and wake up in the morning. It looks kinda like your entire face is peeling when you get up. Well wash your hands well and peel it all off in the morning. You'll notice your skin feels much better and often no new pimples.

This has many benefits, it stop the spreading from you tossing around at night (I always wake up with new zits never get them during the day), it helps heal everything on your face faster (including redmarks), and is all natural. Accutane users give it a shot as well.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:44 PM   #45
    qwerasdf

qwerasdf HB User

I asked my dermatologist about using aloe vera for acne and he said it might clog pores...just a little heads up

Closed Thread