It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Imagine if you never had acne how much your life would be different?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
    James132

James132 HB User
    Imagine if you never had acne how much your life would be different?

I wouldn't have flunked outta college that for sure due to this crap and staying in my room all the time because it was so horrible and no one understanding it............even though it's kinda died down.........still depressing how much it's stolen so much of my life
    I felt so depressed at where I was at in life at work especially =o not done school either.........
    almost 6 years down the drain..........

anyone else care to share there stories?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 05:34 PM   #2
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
    Re: Imagine if you never had acne how much your life would be different?

I think ill be a better person when my acne is gone. I don't think i would be the person i am now, without going through this experience. I hate acne with a passion, but i think its gonna do good for me in the future. (judging others, being empathetic for people who have things wrong with them that they can't do anything about, and overall im in touch with my emotional side with acne.)

Old 07-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
    Jenk24

Jenk24 HB User

If I'd never had it in the first place--and, thus, the scars that I have now--I'd wear a hairstyle that exposes my face, which I like (minus the scars). But if I'd not had acne, I might also not be nearly as compassionate as I am toward others and how they feel about their own appearances.

Jenk

Old 07-30-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
    22Girl

22Girl HB User

The best years of your life can be wrecked because of acne... however, like most people I've gained more compassion to other pople and their problems. eg. As I'm skinny I used to think fat people were lazy and just ate too much. But after 10 years of acne and hearing people say stuff like, 'oh, have you tried clearasil?' I felt like screaming 'Do you think it's that damn simple!!??', it made me realise, that fat people do try to lose that weight, it just isn't that simple.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:39 PM   #5
    openseason
    Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Nothing good ever comes out of acne. Think of all the people you would have helped if you had high self esteem.

Old 07-30-2004, 08:38 PM   #6
    invisablebeauty

invisablebeauty HB User

if it ever goes away, ill most def. be more confident in myself. i wont be afraid to show myself to others, or meet people and think that they just see my acne. i want to know what its like for a guy to like me for my facial features and not my body...i want to have a sleepover and not have to wash my face and put cream stuff on and not wake up with a new zit. i want to go places without makeup on..i want to be seen as a real person and not just 'the girl with the zits' or as 'just a teen going thru puberty' because im done going thru puberty, i dont know why the acne is still around. grrrr.

Old 07-31-2004, 01:25 PM   #7
    openseason
    Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Grr is right and thats not a good emoticon for a human. Acne will be cured thru genetic research, and thats why we need stem cell research. If a hundred million pounds of stem cells are needed then thats OK. Lick BUSH in 2004 !

Old 07-31-2004, 02:38 PM   #8
    Geek_USA

Geek_USA HB User

It would be exactly the same. Then again I don't have killer acne, but I also don't just have "a few spots"

Old 07-31-2004, 05:42 PM   #9
    beka2525

beka2525 HB User

I often imagine...if my face was perfectly flawfless(what a dream)!!!!!!! id be soooo much happier and funner to be around. im about the most self conscious person i kno. im down on my self all the time if only i didnt have acne.....

Old 08-01-2004, 12:42 AM   #10
    driftwood

driftwood HB User

I agree with a few other people that acne has its "good side" afterall. I think acne actually made me a more humble person; people have told me that i have beautiful eyes and full lips, that i would actually be a pretty girl without the "ėruptions" and "craters" on my face. Without having to go through this experience, i would have been a really proud/ vain person, which i was a few years back BEFORE i had my first breakout. Somedays i thank God for the acne i have, telling him that it has served its purpose (making me more humble) , and then pray that he'll take it away (gradually) so i won't have to suffer my whole life!

Old 08-01-2004, 05:20 AM   #11
    i am a guy
    (male)

i am a guy HB User

plain and simple-
    my life would be better

p.s. sorry about using the word simple, i know what it rhymes with. grrrrr

Old 08-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #12
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

well i suffered with severe acne....but controled it to mostly moderate to mild acne with a lot of topicals.it was at its worse in high school.it was 27 years i struggled with almost everything twice over.i finally cleared it on what amounts to low doses of hrt and spiro.this is female hrt and im a guy.me to has always been really skinny.im now about at 145 and 5' 7''.this has really ruined my life.i still cant get over my social phobia and dont know if i ever will.my skin is clear now and my scarring looks much better.yes this med has left me sexual dead but i still feel im better off than trying to control my acne.if i had a choice between a sexual life and severe acne or clear skin and no sex life i would still choose the latter.people that never had acne just do not or do they care to understand.i wonder what my life would have been without acne.

Old 08-01-2004, 04:37 PM   #13
    Tiefer479
    Veteran
    (female)

Tiefer479 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by driftwood
    Somedays i thank God for the acne i have, telling him that it has served its purpose (making me more humble) , and then pray that he'll take it away (gradually) so i won't have to suffer my whole life!
    Yes, acne is humbling, but only because it is humiliating, and I personally would never invoke thanks to any god for having had to endure it.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:09 PM   #14
    Toile

Toile HB User

I have had this for 23 years and I for sure would have more $$ if I didnt have it LOL.

When my turns red and hurts I stay in.
    So that alone I wish had been different....

You know what secretly annoys the heck out of me?

It's when people say:
    "OH you are SO lucky, all that grease will keep you young looking when your old" "because its free moistureizer"

I dont mean to sound negative but I really hate when people say that to me.

I noticed the people that say this have even colored no pimple skin.
    If you look at my life pictures on great days I have red blotchy healing skin. And thats on ther great days. You can imagine the bnad day pics...

I love photography but it sure is a reminder of your skin when the pics come back LOL....

Old 08-02-2004, 11:17 AM   #15
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

I always feel like god is punishing me by giving me acne. I apoligize everynight for my sins, but continue sinning. I don't think god really listens to me about getting rid of my acne, because why should he. It really is just an appearance thing. I sometimes think he is just laughing at me going, suck it up people have it a lot worse then you. Which is true, however, I am still miserable with acne, and nothing will change that except getting rid of it.

Closed Thread