It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• cetaphil gentle cleanser how do you use it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
    whyme14

whyme14 HB User
    cetaphil gentle cleanser how do you use it

i find it hard to use cuz it doesnt lather... and all it seems to do is sit on ur skin then rinse off... its impossible to even scrub the slightest bit with.. how do you use it? do you like it? please respond...
    -whyme14-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
    Fury23

Fury23 HB User
    Re: cetaphil gentle cleanser how do you use it

sorry double post

Last edited by Fury23; 08-04-2004 at 05:21 PM.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:12 PM   #3
    Fury23

Fury23 HB User

i used to use it and it really seems to clean the oil off my skin better than anything else. I wet my face then wash with it, then rinse off.

Old 08-04-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
    busybee

busybee HB User

I had the same problem and I switched to the Cetaphil bar soap and I think it's just as mild and effective- but I feel like it's doing more because it lathers and rinses easier. I suggest you look for the bar- should be right next to the liquid bottle.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:40 PM   #5
    Pilky
    (male)

Pilky HB User

I absolutely love it, its the only facial cleanser i use. I like it alot cause it doesnt irratate or dry your skin out like others do. I think the other actually make acne worse.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:03 PM   #6
    KarynLR
    (female)

KarynLR HB User

It's a myth that lather=clean, but nonetheless, some people like lather. Our toothpaste has lather ingredients in it because people think that lots of lather indicates clean, but it really does nothing. I'd give Cetaphil a chance, though. I love the gentleness of Cetaphil. When I read the post, I thought you meant with or without water--I always use it with water, despite the directions on the bottle. You might try using wet hands and "emulsifying" the product first--but don't expect too much. Just put it on, massage, and rinse off. My theory is this: if you are going to be using harsh acne meds on your face, you should be as gentle in cleansing as possible. No scrubbing, no washcloths, no soap. (Yes, soap is different from cleanser. Cetaphil is considered soap-free.)

A close second for me is philosophy purity made simple cleanser. It is another non-foaming cleanser. I am a 2 shower a day junkie, but when I had foot surgery and was non-weight bearing, I was lucky if I took one shower every other day for the first few weeks. Every day I would crutch myself over to my mom's bathroom, and used her purity. It was wonderful, and got rid of the grimy feeling on my skin. It is so good it even dissolves eye make up--and you can open your eyes while using it.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
    malia81
    (female)

malia81 HB User

i have seen a marked reduction in redness when i switched to Cetaphil. i actually rinse my face with water and washcloth, and then rub Cetaphil all over and use a dry washcloth to wipe it off. it keeps your healthy skin very soft and smooth and the pimples were less inflamed. after a few weeks my face stopped producing as much oil and the Cetaphil actually became too drying. now i've switched to Aquanil, which doesn't have the drying ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and add 1 drop of lavender oil plus 1 drop of jojoba oil. then towel it off just the same. my skin has never been softer.

HOWEVER, after i started Cetaphil and it dried out my forehead i've started developing many small whiteheads up there. not sure how to get rid of them...

Old 08-04-2004, 08:59 PM   #8
    whyme14

whyme14 HB User

i dunno i dont really like it... i wanna try the bar though couldnt find it when i got the bottle...i just like the feeling of something that lathers.. i feel alot cleaner when it comes off

Old 08-05-2004, 07:26 AM   #9
    KarynLR
    (female)

KarynLR HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whyme14
    i feel alot cleaner when it comes off

Are you using the Cetaphil dry or wet? You can use it both ways. To use it dry, you can use the cleanser, then tissue it off, leaving behind a thin film that acts as moisturizer. To use it wet, simply wet your face, cleanse, and rinse with water. I agree, I don't like the dry method... it feels weird leaving cleanser on my face. Try this if you're using it dry...

Old 08-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #10
    Pilky
    (male)

Pilky HB User

I dont like the dry method either, i feel it doesnt clean your skin enough.

Closed Thread