It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Cystic Acne....and the aftermath...please help :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
    ThaiBoxa

ThaiBoxa HB User
    Cystic Acne....and the aftermath...please help :(

I have severe cystic acne on my back. My derm has had me try Minocycline, Erythromycin, Duricef, Cleocin-T solution, T-stat solution, Brevoxyl 8% Creamy wash, Brevoxyl 8% gel, Duac, and Plexion cleanser. They have helped cause without treatment it gets horrible and painful, but they do not clear me up and I keep getting terrible scars and hyperpigmentation. There are dark blue spots ALL OVER my back, I understand this is mainly because of the Minocycline, but it has made my back look like a war-torn country. There is no pitting, just large blue marks, and they look hideous.So after all this, my Derm has finally agrred to start me on Accutane, just got my initial blood work back, and I'm good to go with it. Now after my therapy is complete and providing my condition is cleared, is there any treatments that work for the blue spots on my back? I have heard about peels, etc. for the face, but nothing for the back or thick-skinned areas. I am confident the Accutane will clear me up, but then I'm left with the blue marks which still make me VERY uncomforatable in my skin. I have a nice body, but I refuse to go to the beach cause I am embarrassed of my back Any advise of Derm treatments or OTC treatments would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2004, 02:09 PM   #2
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User
    Re: Cystic Acne....and the aftermath...please help :(

Yea the Accutane should definitely clear that up good. And actually you can get a lot more done to your back since its a lot more tolerable than your face. So you could still get the peels and lasers, and go even deeper than you would on the face.

Old 08-08-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
    bigbadfroggie
    (female)

bigbadfroggie HB User
    Re: Cystic Acne....and the aftermath...please help :(

i know how you feel about showing your skin, i have many scars left behind from body acne, mostly becuase the area gets itchy time from time (which i still havent figured out why) and i do like my body too and would love to show it off, but i hate my skin, all over my body, i fell uncomfortable even wearing a tshirt. im young and dont have the kind of money to pay for cosmetic surgery, though i am slowly saving up for it. i do wish the answer just came in a bottle, but unfortunately it doesnt, and im stuck to hide for what should be the most playful, happier times of my life.

Closed Thread