It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Scab Central

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User
    Scab Central

Hey guys, okay here's my situation. I basically have a few active zits but it's weird, I put Aloe Vera on at night and it totally dries them out and like turns them into scabs. Well the next morning I usually just peel off the Aloe and the scabs peel off as well, but I just don't feel right doing this as I'm teariing my skin and I don't want to scar it.

I was wondering what I should do, as of now I just peeled around all my scabs and just left them. I'm in hiding right now cause it looks so ugly, but should I just wait it out for the scabs to heal? I have like 6 scabs on my face, and huge ones at that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
    surenitynow

surenitynow HB User
    Re: Scab Central

i totally know what you are talking about...when i get a scab on my face(or anywhere actually) i always use.."Aquaphor-Healing Ointment-from Eucerin..Advanced healing" its really thick like vasalene and dosnt dry so i usually only use it at night..what i do is put a glob of it over a scab (or a spot i "accenently" picked...works good for that too)..and just leave it on until the morning,i eather just wipe it away or wash it away if i wash my face...it will make the scab soft but if it isnt ready to come off then just let your face dry and do it again that night and im sure within another day it will look really good.... it dosnt irratate or burn at all..and dosnt cause you to break out-although i only put it over the spot, i dont rub it all over my face. i just keep doing this every night and if im just at home during the day when no ones around, ill put some on then too. Keep applying every night until its no longer a scab or open sore...i usually stop once theres new skin because i dont want to over moisturize it and cause a pimple (its never happened from this stuff and i think its because i only put it over the problem spot)... but every day i see its healed more and more...plus i use it on my lips too for chapstick(works super good for that)..i love it..

oh and i took your advise about the aloe thing..works pretty good..thanks for the tip(im sure everyone agrees)... Oh and when i use Aloe while im also using the Aquaphor for spots, i just dodge the places i put the Aquaphor on..i dont put the aloe over it..i dont really see a need..and it seems to be working good.

anyway..give it a try i hope it helps you out like it does for me...ill be here if you need any questions or something... .

Last edited by surenitynow; 08-10-2004 at 09:24 PM.

Closed Thread