It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne Paterns Hormonal ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
    Nc84ever
    Inactive

Nc84ever HB User
    Question Acne Paterns Hormonal ?

Hey Im a 20 Year old male that has had acne since iw as 15. I was on Acutane when i was 16 and did antibiotics , differin gel etc etc......I guess the acutane helped a little cus i got bad cysts about 16-17....One thing i could never realy understand is I Hardly never got any acne on my cheeks wich seems to be a Common spot with people with acne. Im confused in if this is Hormonal Acne or if i will have it for life. About 18-20 I had acne mostly in the chin area.I would use cover up to hide it But i think it just mad eit worse . Anyway I started using Proavtiv and its great. I havent got any acne on my chin in a long time but know im breaking out Under my ears by my jaw line and ont he side of my neck. Not alot but i have 1 right now thats kinda big.. Idk i might be using to much lProactiv Another thing i relized is the Proactiv Refining mask can be good on my chin and fore head but when i put it on my cheeks i had a bad reaction and actualy got a cyst wich never happens in that area not even mild acne ....weird Anyway If anyone knows if this is a pattern of Hormonal acne can you pleaser help Cus i dont know how i can deall with having this for ever

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
    Falcor
    (female)

Falcor HB User
    Re: Acne Paterns Hormonal ?

It does sound like your acne may be hormonal, since your breakouts are mostly concentrated on your chin and jawline area. I have hormonal acne too and I don't break out on my cheek area very often, and when I do it's usually in a spot very close to my nose/lip/chin area anyway. I did use Proactive for many years as a teenager and I did find it helpful, but it wasn't a miracle cure or anything. I still broke out alot. Now that I'm 21 I don't use Proactive at all anymore because it stopped working for me. I'm really beginning to see that hormonal acne really needs to be treated from the inside, because no amount of special products that I put on my face is going to keep me from breaking out.

Closed Thread