It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• diane 35 users...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-30-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
    stardusted

stardusted HB User
    diane 35 users...

I have a question, b/c this is just confusing the heck out of me.

I've been on Diane 35 for about three years now due to my purely horomonal acne it is the ONLY thing that's worked (out of many antibiotics, orthotricycline, and the horrible accutane). ANY advice would be appreciated b/c right now I'm pretty much freaking out. Here's my problem...

One or two days out of every month, usually a few days before my period I get HORRIBLE diarrhea. I literally can't eat anything b/c it goes right through me. It's disgusting and I almost passed out the last time it happened when I was walking around my college campus. The stomach problems have gone from nonexistant to progressively worse over the past few months. Do you think it's the Diane 35 that's causing this? Sometimes I forget to take my pill at the same time everyday, so could that have an effect?

I'm thinking about getting off the pill and seeing if it happens next month. But then my acne will come back. Is Yasmin pretty much identical to Diane 35 or is there anything else I should try?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2004, 06:20 PM   #2
    tiramasu
    (female)

tiramasu HB User
    Re: diane 35 users...

hi stardusted,

i was on diane 35 for about 5 years then switched to yasmin purely because even tho diane had cleared my acne up well and reduced the oilyness of skin,i felt like it was beginning to stop working (i was getting maybe one zit a day for a month, then 2 then 3 etc). i switched to yasmin about a year ago and even tho my skins pretty much clear its still well oily.

as for your stomach problem, now that you mention it i did get that occasionally but i never linked it with the pill and i have to say i don't get that so much now i'm on yasmin. is the pain like a period pain type? cos that's how i would describe what i had. i think a few days before my period i would take painkillers regularly so that when it did start it was less bothersome.

i think if you're worried to talk it over with your doctor, definitely, even if its to put your mind at rest.

good luck!

Last edited by tiramasu; 08-30-2004 at 06:20 PM.

Old 08-30-2004, 07:21 PM   #3
    stardusted

stardusted HB User
    Re: diane 35 users...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tiramasu
    hi stardusted,

i was on diane 35 for about 5 years then switched to yasmin purely because even tho diane had cleared my acne up well and reduced the oilyness of skin,i felt like it was beginning to stop working (i was getting maybe one zit a day for a month, then 2 then 3 etc)
    yup, same here about the zit deal. one or two around my period, this month I had a horrible cyst on my forehead (I hadn't had one of those in ages!) they're getting worse, harder to pop.

I would say that in terms of stomach pains, I've had both period pains and then (sorry to be so disgusting) but instant diarrhea and it starts out w/ pain after eating even the mildest foods then *boom* At first it'd happen once or twice, but it's happened for the last four months. i just recently noticed it happened before my period. (ha, i know i'm unobservant).

I'm definitely going to make an appointment w/ planned parenthood probably b/c I'm a college student w/o much money and it sounds like yasmin's pretty expensive but worth it.

Closed Thread