It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Has anyone used Proactiv?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
    cocoeyes
    Veteran
    (female)

cocoeyes HB User
    Has anyone used Proactiv?

I just ordered some in the mail and a lot of people say that it really does help clear up your face. I would like some feed back please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User
    Re: Has anyone used Proactiv?

I have never personally used it but I have heard from a lot of people who have. I would say the majority of people say that it didnít work, but it has worked for some.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
    girlygurl81

girlygurl81 HB User

i tried it for 2 months....sorry to say it didn't do anything....my derm told me to stop using it too....i have heard it works for some people....so it is worth a try...i think it works better on mild acne though....but stick to it...i hope it works for you

Old 09-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #4
    gstar808

gstar808 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Has anyone used Proactiv?

Hello. I have been using Proactiv for the past 3 months now. I should be getting my next shipment soon and I must say that, for me, the results have been absolutely amazing. I have oily skin and the Proactiv daily oil control works wonders for my skin. After years of using numerous products (some were quite expensive!), I have finally found an answer! I am very skeptical about products sold on tv but figured I'd give it a try since I've tried everything else. To my amazement, my face immediately began to clear up after the first week of using it. My problem wasn't severe or even moderate acne so I'm not sure if the results are different for someone who has severe acne.. but I'm pretty positive that you'll see a huge difference. Although there are days where I'm running late and miss the morning application, I've been really good about using it twice a day (morning & night). Your skin should feel softer after the FIRST wash since the cleanser (1st step) exfoliates the skin and gets rid of all the dead skin cells. Anyways, thats just my personal experience with a wonderful product like Proactiv.

Old 09-03-2004, 01:44 AM   #5
    jvossrn

jvossrn HB User

I have used proactive (for over a year), and found that it just didn't give me the results I wanted. It also seemed to be less and less effective. Also, what was supposed to last 8 weeks only lasted me 4-5 maximum. I would still get some cystic acne. I went to the dermatologist for the first time last week, and was put on minocycline orally, and duac gel. So far, I am very happy with the results! And for a total cost monthly of less than I was paying for the proactiv.

Old 09-03-2004, 06:10 AM   #6
    perfectangel

perfectangel HB User

I tried ProActiv and it did nothing to help my acne - it did make my skin feel smoother but did not clear my face...and I used it for well over six months hoping to achieve results. I guess it works for some but not others.

Old 09-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #7
    aquagirl007
    Inactive
    (female)

aquagirl007 HB User

Didn't do a thing for me!! According to my dermatologist, it is also very abbrasive, which is a horrible thing to put on already sensitive skin. See a derm, get on something that is proven by medical science. It will be a lot less stress and cheaper in the long run.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:30 AM   #8
    kta
    (female)

kta HB User

I heard it sucks. I haven't heard anything good about it at all.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:08 AM   #9
    senoflys
    (male)

senoflys HB User

I am using Proactiv right now and it is working really well for me. I still get the odd zit here and there but my face is wayyyyyy clearrer than it used to be. Now i just need to get rid of the red marks and I am set. But make sure that you wash all over with the products. I often neglect under my jawline and when I do that I get some zits there so as long as you keep using it the way you should hopefuly you will see good results too.

Old 09-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #10
    lifeonhold

lifeonhold HB User

it didn't work at all for me.

Old 09-03-2004, 04:28 PM   #11
    ImASadGirl22

ImASadGirl22 HB User

i used it for about 8 months - possibly a little longer.. it didnt work as well as i would like it to.. and it made my skin very very dry. my nose was constantly peeling. i even tried to cut down using it so much so i wouldnt peel but it didnt help.

i hope you get better results.

Old 09-03-2004, 11:35 PM   #12
    plastic_heart

plastic_heart HB User

well..i just got proactiv, and im on my second week, so far it has made my skin worse!!!, its soo frustrating,ive been getting a lot of pimples on my cheeks, chin and forehead (i rarely get pimples on my forehead and chin), im hoping that maybe this is just my skin reacting to a new product ( i used to heavily rely on clearasil, it used to work wonders, but im guessing my skin grew tolerant to it , so it doesnt work anymore). So i'm gonna try it out for a third week, but if my skin does not improve by then, im cancelling!

proactiv comes w/3 main things

the cleanser- which has little things in it that exfoliate your skin , i think those things are to blame for my the little red scars im getting!!! and im not so sure if it really does a good job cleaning off dirt because whenever i use my toner i always find dirt !!!

the toner- sometimes it burns my skin and leaves my face overdried..... but myabe im just overwashing myf ace or something.. it also smells kinda funny

the lotion- the lotion is okay, it feels soft and smooth..but i question whether its doing its job!!

i went on a Proactiv testimonial search online today, and to my dissapointment, ive read a LOT more of people complaining w/bad results then success stories of ProActiv.

but what i have realized is that the product results depends on the person ( i know! its not fair!!! ), for example, my best friends sister tried it and it didnt work, yet my cousin and aunt have tried it and they claim that it has helped them.

it mite also be on how the person uses proactive... maybe im overdoing it w/the toner, i suggest you order the cheapest package..and try that out first. Im just really happy that they give you a full refund if the products dont work =) thats probably the only reason why i agreed to try this.

after reading all those reviews and testimonials..it seems that proactive doesnt clear up your skin completely... it does some improvement (if you have severe acne it will probably work better, but if you have a few acne problems i dont think the results will be as rewarding), something i found out that i really disliked... if you start using ProActiv and then quit, your acne will come back and come back WORSE then ever before ( maybe its a company secret to keeping their customers? lol) it seems that with proactiv, its only a temporary solution to the acne, proactiv bottles dont last too long, for example my lotion is a lot more emptier than any of my other bottles!

acne ruins lives! lol.i hope that you find a solution to yours..my advice is...try out proactiv ( and carefully follow the directions and read all the details and the little handbook, i think its really important that you do it the right way)...if it doesnt work..u can always get a refund =D!!!

i hope i was somewhat helpful...

Old 09-05-2004, 06:22 PM   #13
    kjane
    (female)

kjane HB User

I used it and it worked for awhile. It IMPROVED my condition but didn't eliminate the acne. The lotion, I think, is really the best thing bc that has the benz perox in it so it's on your face all day. The only thing is, it bleaches out your towels, your pillowcases and your sheets while you sleep. I've also ruined shirts using it. I don't get the complete kit anymore just the lotion but after awhile, it seemed to quit on me so I stop and start it every few months. That seems to work best. Hope that helped.

Old 09-05-2004, 08:31 PM   #14
    Rawraws
    (male)

Rawraws HB User

I've had the same experience as many have with Proactiv. It helps for a little while then just becomes ineffective after awhile. It also irritated my skin badly.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:25 AM   #15
    Carebear26

Carebear26 HB User

I used proactive for 6 months, I gave it as long as I possibly could and it didn't work for me and I have mild acne. Good Luck!

Closed Thread