It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Ordering Accutane Online?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2004, 09:39 AM   #1
    Errelevant

Errelevant HB User
    Ordering Accutane Online?

Hey everyone,

I've been getting acne ever since I was freshmen in Highschool. Now I am in college it has gotten better since my highschool years however I still get acne. I've been to couple dermatologist and spent way too much money for a simple consoltation and for some pres****tions. None of these drugs worked for me.

Anyways I been reading this forum and many of you take 40mg of Accutane.

So here are my questions?

What kind of brands are you taking?
    Has anyone ever order Accutane over the internet?
    How many MG are you taking daily?
    Is Roaccutane a good brand?

I've heard this is a drug I should see a doctor but spending $150 just to get a prescription is way too much for me. So please give me some inputs.

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User
    Re: Ordering Accutane Online?

Accutane is the last resort when it comes to clearing up your acne. Itís basically a high dosage of vitamin A, with a lot of potential side effects. Itís only made by one company, Rx, and then they have the cheaper generic brand. Even if you could order it somewhere on the Internet, you wouldnít want to. You need to get blood work at least every month while on Accutane, and you should only get Accutane through a dermatologist. The people you were talking about take 40mg daily. Roaccutane I believe is what they call it in Europe, but itís the same thing. I must stress that Accutane is a very serious drug that shouldnít be used unless you have considerably bad acne.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #3
    boardR2

boardR2 HB User

My Accutane is made by Ranbaxy. Its called Sotret Isotretinoin Capsules 40mg. I take 40mg a day for now. I wouldnt be scared away from accutane from what everyone says. Most of the people just get dry lips as a side affect. My derm said she has had 100% success rate with it. My acne is on the high end of moderate. I got accutane the first visit to the derm. Today is day 12 and everything is going fine just have dry lips and skin which is what I want the dry skin that is. Oh yea I pay only im insurance co-pay which is $10 a month for accutane. You do need to get blood tests every month to make sure you are not having liver problems. Apparently accutane makes your liver pretty sensitive that why you can't drink alcohol while on it. Its up to you if you want to buy it off the net but if your acne is really bad like mine you may be better off geting from a derm. Or will no one prescribe it for you?

Last edited by boardR2; 09-05-2004 at 10:12 AM.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:45 PM   #4
    Errelevant

Errelevant HB User

Thanks for the reply. I know there is risk involve taking this drug but doesn't every drugs can lead to serious side effects. I say my skin 1-10, 1 being horrific and 10 being excellent i would say mine is 5.

I am not insured like many of you guys are and can not afford to pay hundreds of dollars on every visit to a dermitologist. So if I take a moderate dosage of accutane I think I should be fine. Do you guys think 40mg is what average user take daily?

Old 09-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #5
    boardR2

boardR2 HB User

Accutane on the internet without a rx isnt very cheap either. But yea i weigh 140lbs and my derm started me out on 40mg a day. She said that she is going to up the dose next time I go in. I wouldnt be afraid of accutane but thats just me. Just be carefull and monitor your side affects carefully. Ill be feeling the no insurance thing starting the first of the year. Luckly Ill be done with my accutane just in time.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:35 PM   #6
    emjay

emjay HB User

Please be careful with prescribing yourself Accutane. I live in England and have taken Roaccutane for years so know a little about it and the side effects. You really should have your blood tested for liver function and fat levels every four months to ensure you can continue treatment. Basically Accutane is toxic levels of Vitamin A which surpresses the sebacious glands. Do not take more than 1mg per day for every 1kg of your body weight - we've got the metric system over here so you'll have to do the conversion into lbs yourself !!

I used Accutane on a maintenance dose of 10mg per day with great effect so if you do decide to self-prescribe, you may want to start with a low dose such as this since it can work.

But really, you should see a dermatologist at least for your first prescription so that you can get your blood tested.

Good luck!

Closed Thread