It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Yasmin 4 mo. update good!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2004, 10:25 AM   #1
    Mic1980

Mic1980 HB User
    Yasmin 4 mo. update good!

Well, I posted in here about Yasmin a while back because I was unsure if I should try it or not. I asked a few people for their opinion and decided to go for it.

A little background: I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen for 5 years along with Retin A and staying very clear until about 2 years ago when i began breaking out again even though i did not change meds. My breakouts were almost completely on my chin, with a few on the upper lip. This is how its always been with me. This is regular and cystic acne.

I have now completed four months of Yasmin. The first 2 months I had small breakouts during the week of my period, but nothing huge. This may have been because I was already on a BC pill, I'm not sure. My doctor also added Azelex to my topicals and kept me on Retin-A.

With this new combo, I am now completely clear and have not had even one zit in a few weeks. I am on Tri-Luma topical now as well, just on my old dark spots (it helps with fading) My face is also much less oily. Thank you Yasmin! Just wanted to let everyone know what worked for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
    stardusted

stardusted HB User
    Re: Yasmin 4 mo. update good!

*jealous* i want yasmin SOOO bad.

Old 09-23-2004, 02:29 PM   #3
    Mic1980

Mic1980 HB User

Will your doctor not prescribe it?

Old 09-23-2004, 10:37 PM   #4
    Rachelara

Rachelara HB User

Hello all Yasmin users,
    Just wanted to add to this board since I "Finally" was able to go to the doctor
    (GYN) and was prescribed bcp's. She wanted to put me on OTC but I insisted on Yasmin b/c I have heard good things about it helping those with acne.
    Anyways, I am barely on day 3 and can't wait for 3 months to go by to see if I get much improvement. Dr. said my acne is definitely hormonal and said there was a certain hormone that women get too much of and then they are usually the ones who get attacked by acne. So if you are an acne sufferer like me, and you want Yasmin, go to your doctor or GYN if you are a woman.
    My dr. gave me the first month's yasmin as a sample so yours might do the same.
    Good Luck to all who try yasmin. Keep us posted, I will try my best to keep you guys posted too.
    ***Rachel***

Old 09-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #5
    stardusted

stardusted HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mic1980
    Will your doctor not prescribe it?
    my insurance doesn't cover it.... and isn't it kinda expensive for a bcp?

or else I'd go on it in a heartbeat. I've purchased diane 35 over the internet and it worked miracles but I stopped taking it b/c the whole idea was kinda sketchy. I've been prescribed ortho b/c I was on accutane for six months (that was awhile ago), but ortho didn't do ANYTHING. the drug that's in that's in yasmin/diane 35 is what works on me. kinda mades me mad that my insurance covers accutane for mild-mod acne, but not yasmin!!

Old 09-24-2004, 11:54 AM   #6
    Shy One
    (female)

Shy One HB User

I know what you mean stardusted. Yasmin is getting very expensive. I have no insurance and have to pay for the Yasmin. The first time I got it it was $30 and the price keeps going up a little every month. Today I went to pick it up and it was $38!

Old 09-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #7
    Mic1980

Mic1980 HB User

aw, im sorry, insurance can suck like that. i think it is usually around $65 or something full price. You may want to ask your gynecologist if there is a place you could get it at a reduced price or free, like family planning. Also, does your insurance cover spiro? It is a stronger anti-androgen but not a BC pill so they might. See if the derm can bill it as medically neceassary or something.. just some suggestions!

Old 09-24-2004, 01:54 PM   #8
    Mic1980

Mic1980 HB User

Oops, sorry, I didnt see that other post. It is only $38? Not so bad in comparison to my getting it with insurance at $15. Better of course, but not a huge diff. Maybe they will make a generic soon!

Closed Thread