It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• what to do after sweating a lot?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
    DrFunk

DrFunk HB User
    what to do after sweating a lot?

Hey guys, been a while since i've been here because i think it makes my acne worse because reading all the posts gets me thinking about it too much and stressing, now i just let everything go and concentrate on school and training. My question tho relates to training, i run cross-country for my school everyday so i sweat everyday afterwards, what do you suggest is the best thing to do for my skin after I sweat a lot?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
    Zshock
    (male)

Zshock HB User
    Re: what to do after sweating a lot?

Well if the sweat is still wet I just hop in the shower and rinse it off, seems to work for me. I might use a little soap if the sweat dries, just to get the crap it leaves on your skin off of it.

You think being here makes you worse off? I find that being here and discussing this stuff with others makes me feel better and helps clear my mind of it. I so busy concentrating on other peoples problems and helping them that I forget about my own problems.

Old 09-26-2004, 01:45 PM   #3
    johnsmith007
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

johnsmith007 HB User

Obviously you donít want to leave the sweat on your skin for long periods of time, so you should always come right home from cross-country and take a shower. I would also suggest using some sort of acne soap in the shower to wash your face.

Old 09-26-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
    kando
    (male)

kando HB User

Don't use actual soap on your face though, it is way too drying and will actually cause your face to produce more oil to compensate for the over-drying. Buy a cleanser specifically formulated for the face.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:02 AM   #5
    i am a guy
    (male)

i am a guy HB User

i used to have the same problem at work if i started sweating i wouldnt know what to do if i knew i would still be there for another 5 hours...

if i ever sweat real badly i just try to rinse off my face as much as possible. when cooling down from sweating, i would rinse off my face with just water like every 5 minutes til my body has completely stopped sweating. if i go to work out and sweat like crazy, i can almost feel my face starting to break out like 15 minutes into the car ride home and cant wait to get home and take a shower...

Old 09-27-2004, 06:29 AM   #6
    Freerider

Freerider HB User

Don't view sweating as a bad thing. It's a beautiful way to eliminate toxins through the skin. I used to be a paranoid mess about sweating, which wasn't good since I played 3 sports year-yound. Summer would drive me crazy. I would take a shower than be sweating again in 5 minutes. Just another way I was a slave to acne. Now, after research and personal experiments, I truly don't believe sweating causes acne. But, if it makes you fell better, just rinse your face with water until you get to the showers.

Old 09-27-2004, 07:31 AM   #7
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

when im at the gym and done with my workout, I'll splash some cold water on my face then take a shower as soon as I get home.

Old 09-27-2004, 08:06 AM   #8
    Zshock
    (male)

Zshock HB User

I'm on accutane and all I can say is accutane and sweating don't mix. Whenever I workout and sweat alot...it feels like I have chickenpox and just starts itching all over. I know it's the dry skin but it drives me crazy.

Closed Thread