It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Hello I'm New Here. I Just Wanted To Know How Many Of You Have Tried Benzaclin??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
    ChicanaGirl

ChicanaGirl HB User
    Lightbulb Hello I'm New Here. I Just Wanted To Know How Many Of You Have Tried Benzaclin??

My Dermatologist Prescribed Doxycycline 200mg A Day, Benzaclin In The Morning And At Night Followed By Differin At Night After Putting On The Benzaclin. I Just Want To Know Who Has Tried Any Of These. Please And How Well Did It Work For You

Chicanagirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2004, 06:52 PM   #2
    ChicanaGirl

ChicanaGirl HB User
    Smile Re: Hello I'm New Here. I Just Wanted To Know How Many Of You Have Tried Benzaclin??

ANYBODY PLEASE

Old 09-25-2004, 10:36 PM   #3
    Falcor
    (female)

Falcor HB User
    Re: Hello I'm New Here. I Just Wanted To Know How Many Of You Have Tried Benzaclin??

Hi! Welcome to the board! ;-) I haven't tried any of those things your derm prescribed, sorry. But I wish you lots of luck and I hope they work great for you. ;-)

Old 09-26-2004, 12:02 AM   #4
    natthebug
    (female)

natthebug HB User
    Re: Hello I'm New Here. I Just Wanted To Know How Many Of You Have Tried Benzaclin??

I am on banzaclin, and Retin-A generic. I am on day 4 or 5 I think. I can see it clearing stuff up, but my face feels like it is burning off. Even with moisturizers it is very dry. My lips are always chapped. I know she told me that if it is too bothersome skip a day or not am and pm. But I am giving it a go for at leats a month. She said the redness and burning would subside after a couple weeks after my face gets used to the RX. well good luck to you. All I know is I have had acne for about 15 years. I am going to be 30 next week and I am sooo sick of this. I have stuff under my skin that never comes out and has been there for years. It is so deep you just can't pop it out. plus the red breakouts and the black heads. Plus I also have cystic acne before my menstraul cycle. So I am hit in all areas ......Let me know how it works for you.. My next post is, anyone know how to stop the buring???? help! ~Nat

Old 09-26-2004, 12:03 AM   #5
    natthebug
    (female)

natthebug HB User

PS Benzaclin on my insurance is a 40 $ freaking copay!!! ouch this stuff better work!

Old 09-26-2004, 04:30 AM   #6
    Steuby

Steuby HB User

My daughter is on Duac (same as benzaclin) and doxycyclin....cleared her up VERY well. GOOD LUCK.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #7
    ChicanaGirl

ChicanaGirl HB User
    Wink Re: Hello I'm New Here. I Just Wanted To Know How Many Of You Have Tried Benzaclin??

Thanks To All Of You For Answering. I Really Hope This Works For Me. I've Been On This For 6 Weeks Now I So Far So Good. I Have Fewer Pimples And They Dont Last Too Long To Heal. Like I Woke Up On Friday With Many Little Ones On My Forehead And Then When I Woke Up On Saturday They Were Not Red Anymore So I Guess The Stuff Is Working. Hopefully. I Also Know I Have To Be Patient. Nothing Works Overnight. Thanks Again

Chicanagirl

Old 09-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #8
    shannamarie36
    Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User

I am not on Benzaclin any longer but it did work for me. I was the clearest Ive ever been when I was using it. Next time I go back, Im gonna ask for it! Good Luck!!!

Old 09-26-2004, 05:20 PM   #9
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by natthebug
    PS Benzaclin on my insurance is a 40 $ freaking copay!!! ouch this stuff better work!
    That's a co-pay? Our insurance didn't cover it but I bought it anyway and found Cosco to be the cheapest place to get it. I think I paid around $60 total for it. My son loves benzaclin and it always clears him right up.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:10 PM   #10
    natthebug
    (female)

natthebug HB User

yep thats my co-pay lame huh. HMOs suck, thats why I can't see a derm either, my primary has to refer me .

Old 09-27-2004, 04:58 AM   #11
    Steuby

Steuby HB User

I paid $125 for the Duac !!!! My insurance doesn't cover any acne medicines.
    It does last for quite a while though. I just grin and bear it.

Old 10-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #12
    ChicanaGirl

ChicanaGirl HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Hello I'm New Here. I Just Wanted To Know How Many Of You Have Tried Benzaclin??

Well It's Been My Eighth Week Now And So About Now I'm 90% Clear. Just A Few Little Ones On My Forehead And Two Small Ones On The Side Of My Cheek And None On My Chin Area . Happier Every Day Now :d

Old 10-04-2004, 06:24 PM   #13
    mattman
    Inactive

mattman HB User

benzaclin costs $50 for me. it sucks, but it works very well. just keep using it. you can feel it dry up your face about 1 minute after you apply. i love the feeling of a dry face, that way i know its getting better. i also use minocyclin and retin-a micro. has been going well for me.

Old 10-04-2004, 06:36 PM   #14
    aquarius0121
    Veteran
    (female)

aquarius0121 HB User

Benzaclin works pretty well for me. Sometimes a little too drying, but a decent product. My insurance covers all but $30, which is definately worth it. A very, very expensive prescription.

Closed Thread