It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Everything happens for a reason

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
    NickC

NickC HB User
    Everything happens for a reason

Last night when I was sleeping I was thinking to myself about What I would be doing if not having a acne problem. I realized everyone I know around hear is around my age (20) and has ushally srewed up and had kids so young. I dont have anything against that but Now that I look on there lives its not so FUn anymore. For 5 years I have delt with acne and ya know maybe deep down it was for the better. Acne has changed my personality in a way.Maybe i would be in trouble? Maybe I would be nothing? Maybe I wouldent be getting a education right now. People with no apearance problems tend to mess them selves up even more over time simply because they have nothing to work for. being 20 I hope I will grow out of it some day and by that time ..have a good education and life. maybe some of you should look at it as a time that gods giving you to straighten up your Life.

And I know that even after Acne your left with scars. But its 2004 and I have heard many success stories of Dermabasion,Epidermx, LAsers,Micro derma, peels. etc If you have the will you can overcome it.

Later

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2004, 08:30 AM   #2
    Zshock
    (male)

Zshock HB User
    Re: Everything happens for a reason

I too believe that God does things for a reason. The reasons are unclear to us now, but eventually they will be revealed to us. I was just reading a book that had a question about this sort of stuff. It said why do bad things happen to Christians as well as nonbelievers. It gave the answer that everything that happens is part of God's plan, nothing happens by chance or fate. And although we may not know the answer to His reasons for doing things, I think that he will eventually reveal them to us.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:42 AM   #3
    kta
    (female)

kta HB User

God is good. Therefore, everything He does is good. It's hard to see now, but He has a reason for everything, and everything is part of His plan. So whether you think acne is good now or not, good will come out of it..eventually. It takes a whole lot of time and patience. At least you don't have cancer or something! Think of it this way: There is always someone in a worse situation than you. Well anyways, Good luck to everyone with fighting your acne! God Bless!

Old 10-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #4
    mandersBC
    (female)

mandersBC HB User

I agree...I inherited my acne from my father, and he is the most intelligent, kindest, and down to earth person I know. Perhaps it was a "plan" that our bloodline would be stricken with acne to keep us humble and focused. I know that at certain times, my acne may have made me slightly introverted, but in a good way. I always thought carefully about my actions, and perhaps this is what kept me out of trouble...so maybe we are all blessed?

Old 10-01-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
    Sameesh

Sameesh HB User

if acne happens for a reason, then why did this "god" also "plan" some people to be dermatoligists and help get rid of acne? Zz Just because you have a problem like this dosent mean you have to fall back on some comforing idea/crutch, such as "This is what He wants, its ok!". The fact that acne is an all natural problem that has resulted from the enviorment Western civilization has created for us is a much a better explanation isent it? If modern society has caused it, modern soceity can stop it.. Not this religious nonsence.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #6
    Falcor
    (female)

Falcor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sameesh
    if acne happens for a reason, then why did this "god" also "plan" some people to be dermatoligists and help get rid of acne
    I've always believed that God will never give you a challenge without also providing a way for you to overcome it.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:56 PM   #7
    NickC

NickC HB User

Bro how old are you??? lol im guessing 10 maybe ....If you have nothing nice to say about my post then dont post anything. ANd I dont think it wise to look down on god the way you just did.

Old 10-01-2004, 06:47 PM   #8
    Zshock
    (male)

Zshock HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sameesh
    if acne happens for a reason, then why did this "god" also "plan" some people to be dermatoligists and help get rid of acne? Zz Just because you have a problem like this dosent mean you have to fall back on some comforing idea/crutch, such as "This is what He wants, its ok!". The fact that acne is an all natural problem that has resulted from the enviorment Western civilization has created for us is a much a better explanation isent it? If modern society has caused it, modern soceity can stop it.. Not this religious nonsence.
    Religious nonsense? God works through doctors, He is able to work through people to help others. That's how He helps us. I believe that some people were just ment to have acne though and believing that God has a purpose for everything is more comforting than believing that everything happens by chance. God gave us something called free will. We have the ability to help ourselves or to go to others for help. We can also ask God to help us out...we aren't confined to choosing just one way to help yourself...you can ask God for help and go to a dermatologist and maybe God will work through your derm to help you.

Old 10-01-2004, 07:00 PM   #9
    NickC

NickC HB User

what a joke

Old 10-01-2004, 07:42 PM   #10
    Zshock
    (male)

Zshock HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NickC
    what a joke
    What are you talking about?

Old 10-01-2004, 08:21 PM   #11
    jvossrn

jvossrn HB User

Sameesh, shame on you. This is NOT the place to attack members for their beliefs. Have some respect...

Old 10-01-2004, 09:24 PM   #12
    troy_mcClure
    (female)

troy_mcClure HB User

I think he was merely trying to start a discussion, not attack Christians.
    What happens to "nonbelievers", then? Do they never get over their acne?
    Actually, I'm not sure why god was brought up in the first place; I thought that this was a thread of how we would have been different people without our acne.

I'm pretty sure I would've been a vain, over-confident, naive little witch, to put it lightly. I had recently moved to a new area, and had been recieving a lot of attention.. you know, "the new girl", also I was pretty...
    Was.

Well, that was my little bit to say.

Old 10-02-2004, 05:29 AM   #13
    Zshock
    (male)

Zshock HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by troy_mcClure
    I think he was merely trying to start a discussion, not attack Christians.
    What happens to "nonbelievers", then? Do they never get over their acne?
    Actually, I'm not sure why god was brought up in the first place; I thought that this was a thread of how we would have been different people without our acne.

I'm pretty sure I would've been a vain, over-confident, naive little witch, to put it lightly. I had recently moved to a new area, and had been recieving a lot of attention.. you know, "the new girl", also I was pretty...
    Was.

Well, that was my little bit to say.

No, I never said nonbelievers never get over their acne, I said bad things happen to both nonbelievers and believers and it's just part of God's plan.

God was brought up in this thread because in the first post Nick said "maybe some of you should look at it as a time that gods giving you to straighten up your Life."

And I thought that maybe God does give us acne for a reason.

Closed Thread