It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Lemon Juice!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2005, 08:02 AM   #151
    MommyPox
    (female)

MommyPox HB User
    Re: Lemon Juice!

Got a question, AA
    Hey, I am new here. I started drinking lemon juice bout 4 days ago. But I have been drinking the bottled. Didn't hink it made a difference until I read this today. I was wondering, because it is concentrated can I just drink more of it to make it have an effect? I had a tingly back lastnight and I have red blotchiness on a few parts of my body. Does this mean it's working?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #152
    MariLissa

MariLissa HB User

Ratman... as you may have read already I am quite a strong supporter of the lemon juice-- except now Ill start taking it with a straw as suggested--... I have gotten some pimples still... near my cycle specially... but those zits have been very dry ones that are gone in 2 -3 days, and they are small just like you said.
    However, I have been on the lemons for maybe 3 months now??? Im not quite sure... but I think I will do it for a year... and see how it goes. Besides, I think there is more chance that I will get a benefit from it that the contrary... as it is a natural juice.

Hope all goes well!

Old 01-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #153
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

Hi MommyPox, I highly recommend you don't drink bottled lemon water. The majority of nutrients are lost in the bottling process. Some brands are worse than others and it does depend on the company involved and whether they use reconstitute or not.

Your best bet is to use an actual lemon, diluted in a large glass of water. This will ensure you are getting the proper benefits.

AA

Old 01-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #154
    MommyPox
    (female)

MommyPox HB User

Thanx alot AA.
    I love this site, it is very helpful. I was only really drinking the lemon juice until my drug plan takes effect so I can go on Accutane or Spiro. Not sure what one to take yet. Hard to decide. Do you or anybody for that matter, have any advice for me? I am so tired of disappointment.

Last edited by MommyPox; 01-07-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Old 01-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #155
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

Accutane is a last resort solution, and please note that it has higher risk of permanent side effects in adults.

I'd suggest trying spiro or B5 before accutane, or a radical dietary change following the SweetJade diet. Make sure you persist for 2 months before giving up on any one treatment, as it can take this long to work.

Then if all esle fails try Accutane.

The harsh topicals are in my view a waste of time and money and often only make the problem worse.

AA

Old 01-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #156
    MommyPox
    (female)

MommyPox HB User

I totally agree with you about the topicals, I have only had bad experiences with those. Two morw questions for ya AA
    What is the sweetjade diet? and how old are you and how do you know so much bout all this stuff? Thanx for all the advice.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:40 AM   #157
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

SweetJade, along with many other users, has written many posts describing what they consider to be the perfect diet for optimum health and a cure for acne. They are not all the same, but to provide a short summary a common thread of the 'Acne Diet' involves eating predominantly vegetables and a reasonable amount of nuts and fruits (and some users think that small quantities of whole grain rice is acceptable). All dairy and sweets are to be avoided, along with all forms of processed foods and sodas.

To see greater detail of these diets you should trawl through the older posts if you have the time.

I personally don't follow these diets, mainly because my acne is only very minor and because following the diets inveitably brings with it the 'zero resistance' problem. The zero resistance problem occurs if you follow the diet strictly for the most part, but cheat once in a while. If you do this it will cause adverse reactions (for example acne) MUCH MORE DIRECTLY than it otherwise would have caused if you didn't follow the diet. For example, if a person following this diet strictly decides to make an exception one day and drinks a glass of milk, they will automatically get acne from it because their body is not used to 'dealing with the toxins' like everyone else and their bodies have now become sensitive to it. Following a diet like this without ever cheating is just too inconvenient, impractical and penitential for my liking but I admire those people who do follow it strictly.

AA

Last edited by AccutAven; 01-09-2005 at 12:45 PM.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:49 AM   #158
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AccutaneAvenger
    SweetJade, along with many other users, has written many posts describing what they consider to be the perfect diet for optimum health and a cure for acne. They are not all the same, but to provide a short summary a common thread of the 'Acne Diet' involves eating predominantly vegetables and a reasonable amount of nuts and fruits (and some users think that small quantities of whole grain rice is acceptable). All dairy and sweets are to be avoided, along with all forms of processed foods and sodas.

To see greater detail of these diets you should trawl through the older posts if you have the time.

I personally don't follow these diets, mainly because my acne is only very minor and because following the diets inveitably brings with it the 'zero resistance' problem. The zero resistance problem occurs if you follow the diet strictly for the most part, but cheat once in a while. If you do this it will cause adverse reactions (for example acne) MUCH MORE DIRECTLY than it otherwise would have caused if you didn't follow the diet. For example, if a person following this diet strictly decides to make an exception one day and drink a glass of milk, they will automatically get acne from it because their body is not used to 'dealing with the toxins' like everyone else and their bodies have now become sensitive to it. Following a diet like this without ever cheating is just too inconvenient, impractical and penitential for my liking but I admire those people who do follow it strictly.

AA
    very good points concerining diet and resistance here AA. I totally agree with what you said.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #159
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

I eat some dairy like plain yogurt and I've never had any problems from it I guess it depends on each person

Old 01-12-2005, 10:35 AM   #160
    MommyPox
    (female)

MommyPox HB User

I have been drinking the fresh lemon juice for a bout 5 days now. first 2 days, half a lemon in am half in pm, and then 2 lemons daily since. And I have seen an improvement. It doesn't hurt my cheeks to smile anymore, which I am doing more of. Allthough, not clear, it is definately something I would depend on if I olny had mild acne. Seems to be making a difference for sure. Not to mention, I DO pick. I bet that if I had enough self disipline to stop my self, I would be really close to clear.......

Old 02-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #161
    deltoro
    Inactive
    (female)

deltoro HB User

Hey guys
    I just wanted to bump this up and see if anyone has an sucess with this. I am going to give it a whirl for two fold reason, it is supposed to help your complexion, and help your liver. I will let you guys know how it goes. Let me know if you have tried this and it has worked well for you.

Old 03-01-2005, 05:38 AM   #162
    MommyPox
    (female)

MommyPox HB User

I tried it for bout 2 weeks. Helped a bit with acne. A bit with red marks. I would recommend it for mild acne for some relief. but I have severe, so I was just fooling myself really. Becareful with your teeth.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:04 PM   #163
    deltoro
    Inactive
    (female)

deltoro HB User

Well, I guess if it helps any at all that would be helpful, not very hard to do and inexpensive, I have been diluting it and drinking it with a straw.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:59 AM   #164
    MommyPox
    (female)

MommyPox HB User

Ya Idid the same. Iknow on this board it says to used fresh squeezed lemon juice. But I didn't know that when I started and i was using the bottled stuff. I had noticed a change in my skin with just that. My back got itchy after 2 days, then stopped. Then my skin got blotchy red all over my body and then that faded. Then the breakouts got fewer and less severe. Good Luck.
    PS, I can't say for sure that the bottled is better. But for me it was just as good

Old 03-07-2005, 08:17 AM   #165
    david76saul
    (male)

david76saul HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Lemon Juice!

been doin it now for over 2 months and there is a definate improvement especially on one side of my face! acne is not very active anymore but red marks still persist to be the bane of my existence! although they too are now getting better i feel!

Closed Thread