HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   Lemon Juice! (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/214369-lemon-juice.html)

deltoro 03-07-2005 04:35 PM

Re: Lemon Juice!

Thanks for the update glad you are doing well!

arock 05-24-2005 06:39 PM

here's the thread on the lemon juice thing!!! i'm trying to revive this thread cuz this is, w/out a doubt, one of the most helpful threads that i have found on this board. really and truly.

hmahappy 06-27-2005 11:47 AM

Hello, i'm just wondering if there's a rebound effect once you stop drinking the lemons? Are any of you going to be drinking it the rest of your life?
:wave:

AccutAven 06-27-2005 12:47 PM

There is definitely no rebound effect with lemon juice.

Lemon Juice is powerful stuff. It definitely has a powerful detoxifying effect on the body, there is no doubt about that.

I was the author of this thread, and I repeat - Don't go overboard with taking in large quantities of lemon juice in one sitting. It's best to drink small sips of the stuff over the course of the day (ie. 1 lemon diluted into a large flask of water) - try to avoid drinking it all in one go like most people do. If you drink a lemon in one sitting, it will most likely provoke acne because it expels the toxins too quickly and forces the body to use the skin in its capacity as the secondary source of toxin expulsion.

AA

davelacb 06-27-2005 04:12 PM

Hey AccutaneAvenger, glad too see this topic is still up I left the forum for a few months, now Im back Im glad to see the lemon juice is working for you. Since Im too lazy to read over 30 pages worth of replies, can you tell me how much of lemon water you drink in a day and do you use actual lemons, if so do you think lemon juice in a bottle is okay?

hmahappy 06-27-2005 07:19 PM

Hello Accutane avenger! That's interesting that u think its better to drink it over a whole day, as opposed to half a lemon in the morn with water then half a lemon at night with water. Did you try both ways and find that the former was more effective? Oh and what sort of acne did you have? mine are cystic.
Thanks!

AccutAven 06-28-2005 04:14 AM

Hi hmahappy and davelacb,

I found that having 1 lemon throughout the day is better than 1 whole lemon in the morning. My acne is only minor.

I no longer take the lemon juice, because I'm too disorganised to create a flask of lemon juice every single day and go out buying the lemons. I could do it for some time but I didn't keep it up consistently. However, I do beleive lemons are powerful tools for fighting acne.

AA

hmahappy 06-28-2005 06:35 AM

Great, thanks accutaneavenger- i do see some improvement in my acne, although i'm using it cup in the morn, cup at night. I don't know if i'll change though since it seems okay with me. But i'm glad it worked for u, and we owe u big on this thread! :wave:

davelacb 06-29-2005 03:06 PM

Im gonna start trying it with some lemon juice tonight, thanks.

Datura 07-06-2005 08:04 PM

I started this about a week ago, and as predicted, my acne is worse. Breakouts on my forehead and nose are practically unheard of, yet I have a pimple on my nose and two on my forehead. I'll keep at it though. I'm drinking it pretty much undiluted so that may be partially the reason.

Demetrios 07-10-2005 10:44 AM

Hey this sounds like a very good idea! I actually have been using fresh lemon juice right after I finish shaving. Admittedly it does sting however it really helps on avoiding those zits that I used to get after shaving!
Anyway im going to try the lemon drinking thing even though I seldomly break out with a pimple or two, maybe this might totally eliminate the problem! :)

Legend#14 07-10-2005 04:33 PM

Thanks.

Red marks are my main problem.. I have 1 big blotch of red marks together on my right cheek that looks real ugly.

I'll try this method tomorrow.. i'll squeeze 1 lemon into a big 1l bottle of water.. i'll update you soon.. thanks.