It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Lemon Juice!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2004, 04:55 AM   #16
    ess

ess HB User
    Re: Lemon Juice!

accutaneavenger, i'm slightly confused. are you currently taking accutane as well? might that be what's helping your skin as opposed to the lemons?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2004, 04:58 AM   #17
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

No I stopped the tane 6 years ago. The lemons are WORKING I tell ya'!

Bye,
    AA

Old 10-14-2004, 05:03 AM   #18
    ess

ess HB User

6 yrs ago? ok, sorry! your 'name' was throwing me off.

good luck with these lemons, i might copy you too.

Old 10-14-2004, 09:20 AM   #19
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

thanks AA, you made some good and sensible points there. I'm going to use fresh lemons and drink this mixture every morning. Also, how quickly did you see results and what were your results exactly(stopped breakouts, decreased redness, etc.)?

Thanks again!

Old 10-14-2004, 10:42 AM   #20
    drv
    (female)

drv HB User

hi, all i drink is water(occasional juice but I always put lemon wedges or squeeze some in. First thing in the morning and through out the day. I think its yummy. And if i want sweeter just put some stevia or splenda in it(sorta lemonade..lol) my skin is clear now but also did other things but i was told that it helps and is good for the skin and body inside. bye
    D

Old 10-14-2004, 12:27 PM   #21
    surenitynow

surenitynow HB User

hey this is cool to hear because i love lemons anyway!...i used to cut them in half and put on some salt and just suck on them, its soo good..i dont know if that salt is good for you though...but anyway ive been eating/drinking lemons for the past week and i dont know if its my new birth control (yasmin) or these lemons because my skin does look good..im going to keep on getting them..

hey does anyone know if grapefruit is similar? if you eat them correctly they are soooo good too, not bitter like many think...

Old 10-14-2004, 03:59 PM   #22
    mandersBC
    (female)

mandersBC HB User

Hi y'all,

I don't know if anyone has tried this, but I like to drink a cup of green tea and squeeze lemon juice into it. I think the tea and lemon juice combo is really great! You could give it a shot to vary your lemon juice routine.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:27 AM   #23
    surenitynow

surenitynow HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandersBC
    Hi y'all,

I don't know if anyone has tried this, but I like to drink a cup of green tea and squeeze lemon juice into it. I think the tea and lemon juice combo is really great! You could give it a shot to vary your lemon juice routine.

thats exactly what i do too! there both good for you and it tastes really good, i completely stopped using sugar in my tea because of that.

Old 10-15-2004, 02:34 PM   #24
    crazyabout blue
    Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

i drink hot water and mix in honey and lemon everyday.. good for your body and skin.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:15 PM   #25
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

I was thinking of trying that same thing (lemon with green tea). I think I'll also add a little bit of honey to the green tea to help with the taste. I'll probably have the green tea at night and the water/lemon in the morning and afternoon.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:28 PM   #26
    aaron7

aaron7 HB User

I dont' know if I did it wrong or whatever, but I tried to squeeze half a lemon into hot water and honey, to make lemon tea i guess, and drank it for a week every morning before anything else, but it only made my zits worse. This was about 5 months ago.

???

I don't get it.

Old 10-15-2004, 07:53 PM   #27
    mandersBC
    (female)

mandersBC HB User

Hey, Hitmen - glad you're gonna try the green tea. I also add a touch of honey to it along with the lemon. Just an FYI for you - if you are gonna drink your green tea at night, it can contain some caffeine (although not as much as coffee) - just don't want you to be awake all night if caffeine is really stimulating to you!

Old 10-15-2004, 08:13 PM   #28
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

good point mandersbc! I didn't even think about that. I'm not used to caffeine (don't drink coffee, soda, etc.) so I think I'll have the green tea after breakfast and the water/lemon before breakfast. There, I think that should work out for me. =)
    Thanks!!

Old 10-16-2004, 01:50 AM   #29
    surenitynow

surenitynow HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaron7
    I dont' know if I did it wrong or whatever, but I tried to squeeze half a lemon into hot water and honey, to make lemon tea i guess, and drank it for a week every morning before anything else, but it only made my zits worse. This was about 5 months ago.

???

I don't get it.

maybe it was the honey..its pretty sugary, (although i would choose it over real sugar).

but what ive found is that, if your going to put lemon in your tea, try drinking it without the honey or sugar... if you put enough lemon in it, it seriously dosnt even need honey, it gets alot of flavor from the lemon alone and very tasty...you might have to ween yourself if your going to try it but i think its probably better for the skin to stay away from extra sweetners... but seriously give it a try,it cant hurt

also, do any of you get a sick feeling after drinking green tea?? i used to, and so have some other family members and we realized that if you drink it on an empty stomach (like in the morning and then not eating) it will make you sick to your stomach.. so just a heads up, just make sure you have food in your stomach before of after you drink this.

Old 10-16-2004, 09:17 AM   #30
    Katrina
    (female)

Katrina HB User

Does anyone know why, exactly, this works? I figured I would give it a try anyways, since it is easy.

Also, is half a lemon a day too little? I have been mixing that with a little water to form a strong lemonade...

Closed Thread