It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Lemon Juice!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2004, 12:46 PM   #31
    Katrina
    (female)

Katrina HB User
    Re: Lemon Juice!

bumping

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 04:22 AM   #32
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

I'm not sure why it works really, but I definitely believe it does. Maybe its because it has a hugely alkalinic effect on your body. Maybe cos it helps your liver process toxins. Maybe cos it brings all the gunk to the surface.

On that point, note that it can cause a small initial breakout. It did for me. I think it's because it pushes toxins out of the skin. I've heard it's best to squeeze the lemon juice into a large bottle of water and drink throughout the day, so that you don't "hit" your body with it all at once. I however could not be bothered doing it this way and prefer to drink it in one hit in the morning and again before going to bed.

I'm still convinced these lemons are working!

Good luck!
    AA

Old 10-18-2004, 02:07 PM   #33
    jazmella
    (female)

jazmella HB User

I've been hit with the initial breakout, aswell. At least I'm hoping that's all it is! It's not severe right now, so it's no big deal...This is my third day drinking lemon juice in the morning, so we'll see how it goes...I actually look forward to it! It tastes so good!

Old 10-18-2004, 03:33 PM   #34
    Katrina
    (female)

Katrina HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AccutaneAvenger
    I'm not sure why it works really, but I definitely believe it does. Maybe its because it has a hugely alkalinic effect on your body. Maybe cos it helps your liver process toxins. Maybe cos it brings all the gunk to the surface.

On that point, note that it can cause a small initial breakout. It did for me. I think it's because it pushes toxins out of the skin. I've heard it's best to squeeze the lemon juice into a large bottle of water and drink throughout the day, so that you don't "hit" your body with it all at once. I however could not be bothered doing it this way and prefer to drink it in one hit in the morning and again before going to bed.

I'm still convinced these lemons are working!

Good luck!
    AA
    hmm.. thats interesting. i'm on my 4th day and so far no initial breakout. the one i had from the week before is going away, actually. it might just be because i am only doing half a lemon right now (too expensive to do a whole one everyday!) I will keep you posted.

Old 10-18-2004, 03:40 PM   #35
    MariLissa

MariLissa HB User

I guess I'll start in the morning!!! But hmm is the initial breakout bad??

Old 10-18-2004, 05:43 PM   #36
    amb1
    (female)

amb1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neca
    Guys you are presuming wrongly, once digested inside the body lemon juice becomes alkaline so for all those people who refuse to eat lemons because they think it gives them an acidy feeling in their stomach are completely wrong! The stomach enzymes convert the lemon juice from acid to alkaline once inside the body. The same goes with Apple Cider Vinegar. ACV is not only great for using it on your skin externally because it makes your skin more acidic but it is also great for increasing the pH to a more alkali level inside your body as the stomach converts it from acid to alkali.

Word.

The lemon is acid, but it's assimilation by the body is alkaline. Drinking lemon with your water first thing in the morning is very helpful for the body's cleansing process and good support for the organs involved (liver, kidneys, colon).

Old 10-19-2004, 06:57 AM   #37
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

The initial breakout isn't major or serious, but I did notice an increase in acne the first week.

Bye,
    AA

Old 10-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #38
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

Two quick questions...

Is it ok if I drink the lemon and water while taking my vitamins? Also, can I eat directly after drinking it or should I wait a little bit?

Old 10-21-2004, 04:23 AM   #39
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

Can't see any harm in doing that.

AA

Old 10-21-2004, 08:44 AM   #40
    Songbird80

Songbird80 HB User

Wow ..thanks for all of the great info and for sharing. I am going to try the lemons. I eat a lot of lemony foods anyway..

Old 10-22-2004, 01:47 PM   #41
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

ok thanks, thats what I figured.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:49 PM   #42
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

forgot to mention, I went to this farmers market and I bought some lemons. They were 5 for $1? Also picked up some organic green tea which was .75 cents for a 20 pack. are these good prices?

Old 10-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #43
    amb1
    (female)

amb1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hitmen
    forgot to mention, I went to this farmers market and I bought some lemons. They were 5 for $1? Also picked up some organic green tea which was .75 cents for a 20 pack. are these good prices?

Wow, what a deal!!! Did you pick some up for me??!

Old 10-24-2004, 04:38 PM   #44
    Katrina
    (female)

Katrina HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AccutaneAvenger
    I've been drinking 2 glasses of freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon each glass) every day, one in morning and one in evening. It's only been two weeks, but I am totally clear, which is unusual for me. Usually I have a few blemishes. I've been doing a lot of reading on the benefits of lemons and I'm convinced they're powerful things.

I will definintely stick to this religiously and see how it goes. I think it's recommended that you drink the juice very gradually throughout the day so as to release the toxins slowly, but I just don't have the time to organise this.

Anyone else had success with lemon juice?

Bye,
    AA
    Accutane Avenger,
    I have been trying to find more info on this, but can't seem to find it. Where did you find your research?

Thanks!

Old 10-24-2004, 06:39 PM   #45
    eirolg
    (female)

eirolg HB User

ive been putting the lemon juice (from the fake looking lemon bottle) in my water recently...before i read this thread. i do it because it tastes good! i squeeze it enoguh do that it "stings" when you drink it. its great for metabolism as well. hmmm...maybe i should switch to real lemons! 2 per day right? niiice

Closed Thread