It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Lemon Juice!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2004, 02:22 AM   #61
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User
    Re: Lemon Juice!

MariLissa, I'm pleased your initial breakout is now over. Fortunately the initial breakout with lemons is nothing like the initial breakout with accutane, which is both severe and takes many, many weeks to go away.

AA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2004, 07:16 AM   #62
    MariLissa

MariLissa HB User

Thanks AA! Today I took my lemon juice diluted in a bit of water... and it's actually softer on my stomach... So it went well. I will however, do it like you are doing it, in the morning and at night instead of taking it all in the morning.

This morning I found a book in my house called "plants cure"... you would be surprised of everything that they say LEMON IS GOOD FOR... it was 2 pages of listed illnesses... so drinking it seems to be not only good for the skin but the whole body overall.

It's a good thing you posted the tip in the first place!!!!

Old 11-03-2004, 06:58 PM   #63
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

my update: less than a week in and I noticed a breakout on the second and third day. My face is slowly getting clearer and clearer...I think it's working. Oh yeah, im also washing my face once a day with that indian (chandrika) soap which I feel is also helping.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:41 AM   #64
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

Hitmen, cool keep us updated after next week too!

MariLissa, yes lemons are extremely powerful for overall health. I'm not surprised at that book of yours on 'plants cure' cos I've read many articles on how wonderful lemons are, and how many benefits they have on the human system.

Lemon juice also kills the AIDS virus in 30 seconds when the juice is exposed to it, and kills sperm in 20 seconds. And kills acne in 2 weeks lol.

Bye,
    AA

Old 11-04-2004, 12:49 AM   #65
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

Also, just so that no one is seriously disappointed, I don't believe lemon juice on its own will be enough to transform someone with severe acne into being totally clear. The fact that it hasn't cured some of my body acne is evidence of this. However, I STRONGLY believe that lemon juice helps control, reduce and give acne a good kick in the pants, and is good for overall health.

Bye,
    AA

Old 11-04-2004, 12:40 PM   #66
    ClearlyUnclear

ClearlyUnclear HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AccutaneAvenger
    Hitmen, cool keep us updated after next week too!

MariLissa, yes lemons are extremely powerful for overall health. I'm not surprised at that book of yours on 'plants cure' cos I've read many articles on how wonderful lemons are, and how many benefits they have on the human system.

Lemon juice also kills the AIDS virus in 30 seconds when the juice is exposed to it, and kills sperm in 20 seconds. And kills acne in 2 weeks lol.

Bye,
    AA

So ur telling me that Acne is stronger than Aids and Sperm? Holy Crap!

Old 11-04-2004, 01:11 PM   #67
    MariLissa

MariLissa HB User

Clearly: I also read that scientists are trying to analyze if lemons could be used by women in third world countries as contraceptives... being that lemon juice acts as a spermicide...

AA: just one question, and Im sorry if you said it before and I'm just missing it in this huge thread ... Are you using any medication for your acne? Or are you just on lemons??... Well I'm using RETIN-A and the lemons... retin-a was working wonders but then I had the lemon breakout, which is ok, considering it might help me more during the next weeks... well Im just curious to know if you are using something else... cause now when I apply the retin a... IT BURNS SO much... much more than when I started a month ago... and my skin is flaking...

So basically I just wanted to know (if you are using medication) if you felt it was getting a bit stonger on your skin since the lemons??

Old 11-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #68
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

Thanks Double A. I know that lemons alone won't be a miracle cure and I don't expect them to be. For the most part my skin is pretty good but it's never been completely clear which is something I strive for. The lemons are a nice weapon to add to the arsenal not only for it's acne fighting properties but for the simple fact that it aids in so many other things when it comes to our bodies. I just wish I never stopped when I originally started doing this last year!

Old 11-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #69
    Nametaken48

Nametaken48 HB User

So what lemons do is help get rid of toxins? I believe I read that drinking lots of water will also do this...the past few months I have been drinking TONS of water (probably about a gallon a day) and it, along with my medications, has kept me mostly clear. I wonder if adding lemons would be able to totally clear me up. However right now I'm not sure I want to risk the "initial breakout" because I am finally getting my old confidence back.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:15 PM   #70
    ClearlyUnclear

ClearlyUnclear HB User

QUESTION: do limes work if u run out of lemons?

Old 11-05-2004, 12:32 AM   #71
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

Hi MariLissa,

No I'm not taking any other medication at all. The only product I apply is Cetaphil with water once a day. So I hardly touch my face at all.

My arsenal for fighting acne is:

Lemon Juice
    Cetaphil with warm water
    Don't wash face at all other than this
    Don't take any supplements

Bye
    AA

Old 11-05-2004, 09:36 AM   #72
    MariLissa

MariLissa HB User

Wow! It's good news then!!! Thanks again!!

Last edited by MariLissa; 11-05-2004 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo

Old 11-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #73
    Face Off

Face Off HB User

I just bought 2 lemons and had my very first cup 1 hr ago...lol...*fingers crossed*

Old 11-08-2004, 03:27 AM   #74
    AccutAven
    Veteran

AccutAven HB User

FaceOff, good on ya!

Just get prepared for a lil initial breakout and push through it.

Bye,
    AA

Old 11-08-2004, 06:58 AM   #75
    MariLissa

MariLissa HB User

Face off: This Wednesday or Thursday it will be 2 weeks for me and it's going great... the initial was a bit harsh (maybe cause I drank it undiluted, maybe because of my very sensitive skin?? I have no idea)-- anyway I just want to say the wait is really worth it! Skin even feels smoother!!! So hang in there!!

Closed Thread