HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   African shea butter and Black soap (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/220830-african-shea-butter-black-soap.html)

beautyskindeep 11-08-2004 10:51 AM

Re: African shea butter and Black soap

[QUOTE=shisimagum]It know, it is good all over.

P.S.- don't leave the shea butter on your skin for too long.[/QUOTE]
On my face or skin in general? How do you take it off, once it soaks into the skin it's really done it's damage, whiping would only get the residue it leaves on the skin's surface right?

shisimagum 11-09-2004 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=beautyskindeep]On my face or skin in general? How do you take it off, once it soaks into the skin it's really done it's damage, whiping would only get the residue it leaves on the skin's surface right?[/QUOTE]

sorry for the typo, i meant don't leave the BLACK SOAP on your skin for too long. Because it is very deep cleansing, you don't want to over clean your skin.

The shea butter is fine to leave on your skin.

I changed the typo in the comment i lefted before.

PBABY 11-09-2004 09:13 AM

shisimagum,

Do you use this to wash your hair with, too? I noticed you had said at one time that you used the Ayurvedic soap to wash your hair with. Just wondering if this black soap was good for hair washing, too.

Thanks!

shisimagum 11-09-2004 06:41 PM

Yeah it is really good for hair. Cleans it really well, not build ups.

LauraOSU05 11-09-2004 06:53 PM

This may be a stupid question, but can white people use this soap or is it best for use on African complexions? :confused:

At first, I was interested in getting the the Indian soap , but have read that it can be very drying. I have very sensitive/combo skin along with hormonal acne and don't want it to dry out since I am also on Differin cream. So, if the Black soap with shea butter can be used on any type of skin I would be interested in purchasing it.

What do you recommend shisimagum?

shisimagum 11-10-2004 07:15 AM

It is not only for black people, anyone can use it. I am Asian and it work for me too. I definitely recommend it. Using it is a good way to stay away from all the chemicals.

beautyskindeep 11-10-2004 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=shisimagum]It is not only for black people, anyone can use it. I am Asian and it work for me too. I definitely recommend it. Using it is a good way to stay away from all the chemicals.[/QUOTE]
Hey Shisimagum I'm still using the shea butter by jason and so far no breakouts although it feels greasy when it goes on but my face doesn't feel like my pores are clogged. What are the benefits shea butter has? I'm only use it 3 times a week, I fear more than that will break me out.

shisimagum 11-17-2004 07:27 PM

Shea butter is great. I works as a sunblock, i helps heal the scars you have, and doesn't cause future breakouts.

shisimagum 11-19-2004 02:17 PM

i found that this soap exfoliates my skin as well. It helps alot bith my back acne, i am not developing any now ones on my back.

shisimagum 11-28-2004 08:30 PM

How is every one doing with the black soap and shea butter? It is doing great for me. I help everyone is getting the real thing, not the fake inimiation.

Ada232 11-28-2004 08:58 PM

can the black soap be purchased at health food stores?

PBABY 12-01-2004 08:58 AM

shisimagum,

Okay, I have been using the black soap now for about a week. It seems to be doing okay. I'm getting the same results from it that I do from the Auromere soap. But the black soap is not as drying as the Auromere, so I'll definitely keep the black soap as my winter/cooler months soap and the Auromere for my warmer months soap.

shisimagum 12-08-2004 04:21 PM

i have been using the black soap and shea butter for a whole month now. I skin is great. i don't break out that much anyone and my scars are fading because of the shea butter. i just went back to get 2 more pounds of black soap. I can't get enough of this.

PBABY 12-09-2004 06:51 AM

shisimagum,

I like this soap. It seems to be doing okay, but I think I like the Ayurvedic soap better. I'm gonna finish using what I got of the black soap though. The guy I bought it from takes FOREVER to ship. So I think I'm going back to the Ayurvedic soap. But I did not break or get bad results from the black soap. I just think my skin feels better from using the Ayurvedic soap.

shisimagum 12-09-2004 07:34 AM

That guy should not be running a business! Then get it from someone else. I actually enjoy the black soap better because the smell isn't as strong, it drys me out less, and it is a great shampoo. You actually don't have to get it online. You can buy it from african stores.