HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   African shea butter and Black soap (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/220830-african-shea-butter-black-soap.html)

PBABY 12-09-2004 11:07 AM

Re: African shea butter and Black soap

I saw an African store the other day. It was the first time I had ever seen it, but I think it has been there a while judging from its exterior. I'll check them out and see what they got. If they got the soap there, then I'll buy some and stick with it. I have to admit that that was my main reason for not re-ordering any more of it-the time it takes to ship it. I'll check out that African store though and see what's what.

shisimagum 12-09-2004 11:41 AM

Yeah go check it out. You will probably get a better deal at the african store. I buy mine in 2 pound chunks, but my roommate brought pre-cut bar for only 2 dollars there. Much better then prices i have seen online.

LauraOSU05 12-12-2004 08:07 PM

I am fed up with acne! The changing winter weather is also drying out my skin and lips! GRRRR!!! I have read a lot about this Black Soap and Shea Butter and placed an order from an all-natural website that sells both products (nasabb.com). I am hoping to clear up my acne with the Black Soap and moisturize my skin with the Shea Butter without clogging my pores. Any updates or words of encouragement from people using the products?? Thanks y'all! :angel:

shisimagum 12-12-2004 10:47 PM

I think you would be happy with it. My acne had cleared up soo much. Try it with a BP on spot treatment such as Oxy. My acne is almost gone. Good luck to you too.

PBABY 12-13-2004 05:59 AM

Laura,

I use the Black soap, too, and I really like it!! I'm using it during the winter b/c it doesn't seem to dry my skin out too bad. I'm gonna be ordering some more of the soap from that same website that you are. I came across that website last week. I'm gonna wait on the shea butter b/c right now I'm using jojoba oil for moisturizing, and that works fine for me. Might order the shea butter at a later time.

If you think about it, can you post when you get the black soap from Nassab? I would mainly be interested in knowing how long it took for you to receive it.

Thanks!

NoLeafClover 12-13-2004 07:09 PM

Hey Shisi. I was just wondering if the soaps have any fragrance to them? I know where I can buy some of it in my town but there is a very strong scent to them. Do you recommend using heavily scented?

shisimagum 12-14-2004 09:42 AM

Real black soap isn't scented. It is not suppose to smell fruity or flowery. The smell of natural black soap is suppose to be earthy, i can't explain it. Also, the soap shouldn't be packaged. There is alot of imitation of black soaps out there, so be careful. The soap is brown not black and it is suppose to look like a rock.