It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• African shea butter and Black soap

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2004, 09:03 AM   #1
    shisimagum

shisimagum HB User
    African shea butter and Black soap

African shea butter and black soap had been for secrets of skin care for black people for centuries.

I had never heard of it before last week. Last week i went on a cultural trip with my school, it is for minorities students, mostly spanish, africans, and asian. One of the destination of the trip was the African market. In the market, i see these yellow chunks of googy stuff in plastic bags and funny looking black poo poo looking things wrapped in paper. Almost every other store was selling.So out of curiousity, I asked the sales person what they are. They said they are black soap and shea butter. The name rang a bell, they aren't too expensive, and i wanted something "cultural" from my trip so i brought it.

When i got back on the bus, my friends asked me what i got, i told them i got some black soap and shea butter. She told said, "that is good stuff," and apparently, the majority of people who is of african descent knew about it and had use it.

So when i got home, went on the searc engine to learn more about it. The result were fasinating. There are hundreds of sites that sells them. I also found out that they are great for all kinds of skin problems, drying skin, acne, sunburns, discoloration, you name it.

Well i have beening using it for a short amount of time, and it is working pretty good. The black soap is not drying and the she butter is never greasy on my oily face. For long term results, i will i have to use it longer to know.

Does anyone have any comments or questions about it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
    PBABY
    Veteran
    (female)

PBABY HB User
    Re: African shea butter and Black soap

shisimagum,

Hey, I saw somewhere a while back where someone recommended the black soap. Was that you? Anyway, they said to check Ebay, and I did. It is cheap!!! I was gonna buy some to use for my chest acne, but it has recently cleared up w/some supplements I have been taking, so I never pursued the black soap any further. Please keep us update about how it works on your face! I'm real curious to see what kind of results it produces!! I have used shea butter on my feet in the winter time to moisturize them, and it was awesome!!!

Old 10-31-2004, 08:42 PM   #3
    fitch0082
    Inactive

fitch0082 HB User

Very interesting!

Old 11-02-2004, 06:48 AM   #4
    shisimagum

shisimagum HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBABY
    shisimagum,

Hey, I saw somewhere a while back where someone recommended the black soap. Was that you? Anyway, they said to check Ebay, and I did. It is cheap!!! I was gonna buy some to use for my chest acne, but it has recently cleared up w/some supplements I have been taking, so I never pursued the black soap any further. Please keep us update about how it works on your face! I'm real curious to see what kind of results it produces!! I have used shea butter on my feet in the winter time to moisturize them, and it was awesome!!!
    How much did you get the soap for. i want to know if i paid the right price for it.

Old 11-02-2004, 07:53 AM   #5
    PBABY
    Veteran
    (female)

PBABY HB User

I haven't bought any. But when I looked on Ebay, the opening bid was about $1.99. I think when the auction ended, the highest bid was about $4. And it looked like a pretty big hunk of soap, too!!!

Old 11-02-2004, 10:29 PM   #6
    fitch0082
    Inactive

fitch0082 HB User

Wouldnt Shea Butter be bad for people who have oily skin or prone to breakouts?

Old 11-03-2004, 08:03 PM   #7
    shisimagum

shisimagum HB User

Shea butter is suppose to be fine for people with oily skin to use because it completely obsorbs into the skin. Many website recommend the use of Black soap and Shea butter for acne prone skin. And Shea butter help fade scars, which is good for people like who has a whole bunch of acne scars on our faces.

Old 11-03-2004, 08:36 PM   #8
    fitch0082
    Inactive

fitch0082 HB User

Where can you get the soap and Shea butter from?

Old 11-04-2004, 08:06 PM   #9
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

hey shisimagum, are you still using the indian(chandrika) soap? I remember your name from that thread. you think this black soap/shea butter soap would be a good soap to rotate with the indian soap? maybe use one in the morning and the other at night...

Old 11-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #10
    shisimagum

shisimagum HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hitmen
    hey shisimagum, are you still using the indian(chandrika) soap? I remember your name from that thread. you think this black soap/shea butter soap would be a good soap to rotate with the indian soap? maybe use one in the morning and the other at night...
    I think the indian soap and the Black soap both works. But one good thing about the black soap is that it is less drying, so i use it drying the colder months. During the warmer months, i am going to go back to the indian soap.

Old 11-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #11
    PBABY
    Veteran
    (female)

PBABY HB User

shisimagum,

Sounds like a good idea-using the black soap during the winter months. My skin gets drier during the winter months, too, and mine still breaks out, too, even though it's drier. Think I might get me some of the black soap.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:26 AM   #12
    shisimagum

shisimagum HB User

Yeah it is working really well the soap. It is keeping my breakout down as good as the indian soap i use to use.

Old 11-08-2004, 06:43 AM   #13
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

ok great, my face also tends to get drier during the winter months so I think I'll pick some of this soap up as well.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:15 AM   #14
    beautyskindeep
    Inactive

beautyskindeep HB User

I recently bought a jar of Shea Butter by JASON and it's not as greasey as it sounds, shisimagum your right it does absorb rather nicely into the skin. The weird part is that you can use it all over your body it's even recommended for dry skin.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:01 AM   #15
    shisimagum

shisimagum HB User

It know, it is good all over.

P.S.- don't leave the black soap on your skin for too long.

Last edited by shisimagum; 11-09-2004 at 09:35 AM.

Closed Thread