It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Tamanu Oil For Acne Scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User
    Tamanu Oil For Acne Scars

Tamanu oil possesses a unique capacity to promote the formation of new tissue, accelerating wound healing and the growth of healthy skin. This process is known as cicatrization. This oil makes the skin renew itself really fast, I read that one woman used this on her acne scars for 9 weeks twice a day and it smoothed them out, this would vary on people though according to the depth of your scars. But anyway I've been using this for about a week and it gets rid of the red marks really fast, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will fill in the scars too. So far I'm noticing a little imrovement I don't know if it's all in my head or maybe because this hydrated my skin but I like it. I also read that this oil has antibiotic and antiinflamitory properties too. So you guys should try to look into it.I'll keep you updated on the outcome I'm gonna use it for 3 months and see what happens.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-26-2004 at 08:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #2
    PBABY
    Veteran
    (female)

PBABY HB User
    Re: Tamanu Oil For Acne Scars

Can you get this at the health food store?

Last edited by moderator2; 11-26-2004 at 08:43 PM.

Old 11-26-2004, 08:36 PM   #3
    PinPal

PinPal HB User

That sounds pretty interesting. Is this a new product or has it been around for awhile?

Last edited by moderator2; 11-26-2004 at 08:44 PM.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:12 PM   #4
    RRR1

RRR1 HB User

yeah but anything with oil in it such as Tamanu Oil can and will cause breakouts.sounds kinda strange to me.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #5
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

I haven't seen this at the health store. I think this has been around a long time I don't know why the public was never aware of it, I guess they don't really commercialize or advertise it as much as they do the other common oils. I heard about it from a magazine I got at the health store. You can find this on the internet just do a search for Tamanu oil there's only about a handfull of websites that sell it compare prices cause some sell a 2 oz bottle for 18$ while others charge 10$ more for half the size. THere's a lot of interesting facts about this it helps with all kinds of skin disorders, read into it. I like it because it's 100% natural and it makes my skin feel soft and supple and redness? what redness it's great. I had red marks from pimples I had 2 weeks ago they are now this faint rose color with powder they're almost invisible, before this oil it took months to get rid of the marks now I got results in a week!

Old 11-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #6
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

I haven't gotten any breakouts yet and it's been about 9 days now, and from reading testimonials at other sites i haven't heard anything like that either.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:00 PM   #7
    RRR1

RRR1 HB User

oh course not they want to sell their product..anyone that gets acne knows oil products will clog your pores and cause breakouts.and if they dont i hope they do now.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:45 PM   #8
    curiousP
    Veteran
    (female)

curiousP HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RRR1
    oh course not they want to sell their product..anyone that gets acne knows oil products will clog your pores and cause breakouts.and if they dont i hope they do now.
    for your info, not all oils cause breakouts. You might want to do a little more research before making such bold statements. Jojoba oil doesnt cause breakouts, neither does camilla oil, neither does vitamin A oil, neither does grapeseed oil....

Old 11-27-2004, 09:15 AM   #9
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RRR1
    you shouldn't be so negative about this,if this oil broke me out I would not be coming on here and raving about it I have nothing to gain by bs-ing people, I don't sell this stuff I'm just another acne sufferer like the rest of the people that come on here who has found something that others might benefit from as well. Well said CuriousP, not all oils will break you out. This oil is meant to heal acne and the scars not cause it, do some research on it.

Old 11-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #10
    malia81
    (female)

malia81 HB User

how is the tamanu oil going for you? were you completely free of acne before you started using it?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #11
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

My face is about 98% percent clear I have about 3 pimples now from thankgsgiving junkfood I ate that are healing and red marks from past breakouts which are fading reamrkably, all in all I'm very happy with this oil so far

Old 12-02-2004, 06:57 PM   #12
    Katrina
    (female)

Katrina HB User

What time of the day do you use this? Do you put it on overnight or do you put it on and then wash it off? I think I am going to try this. My skin has cleared dramatically lately and now I want to lighten my redmarks before the holiday!

Old 12-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #13
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

I only wash my face once a day at night and put this oil after I wash my face, then in the morning if I have any extra oiliness on my face I just blot my ksin with Johnson and johnson oil blotting sheets, keeps me from haviing flaky, red skin

Old 12-03-2004, 10:57 PM   #14
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)

Anibanani HB User

Ive been using this for two weeks now, and I use snowdrift farm tamanu oil, it's 100% pure it doesnt have anything else in it. If you have oily skin I wouldn't be putting on olive oil it might break you out.

Old 12-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #15
    curiousP
    Veteran
    (female)

curiousP HB User

anibanani,

I was just wondering what you did to get rid of your acne? I remember (i think) you saying that you were having problems with acne (maybe it was just red marks) but did you take like accutane or anything?

Closed Thread