It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• SweetJade Cleared My Face! Here's how!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
    Needzhelp
    Inactive
    (male)

Needzhelp HB User
    Arrow SweetJade Cleared My Face! Here's how!

You all should listen to what this women is saying. She is incredibly intellectual and will probably END all acne in the future. I have been studying her threads and replies and have cured my acne. She gives you what all these "acne cure books" are giving but for free!For the last week I have been avoiding all sugars and have been keeping my carb intake no more than 300 grams. Along with that I have been taking my Milk Thistle supplements, vitamins & minerals. I drink plenty of water to make sure my used hormones are excreted through my urine and my hormones are not reaborsbed into my bloodstream. A lot of people think that their acne is going to clear up with a topical which is blasphemy because it only cover's up symptoms. TO CURE ACNE YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST DIET!! I'm pretty sure me & her are tired of saying this over and over again and constantly having people reject diet. I personally want to thank SweetJade for her time and consistency on this board. Even after clearing her skin she still has time to help us through it and reply to our threads. Once again thank you and God bless you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
    Baby-G
    (female)

Baby-G HB User
    Re: SweetJade Cleared My Face! Here's how!

Hehe, I love SweetJade to bits too!! She's so helpful and supportive, and doesn't mind spending a lot of time researching diets for other people. She doesn't even mind who believes her or not, and never has a bad word to say about the people who rebuke her. Thanks so much, SweetJade. You’re the best!!

Old 02-03-2005, 03:46 AM   #3
    Pilky
    (male)

Pilky HB User

Does she have a thread showing her method? I'd like to check it out. Though im not sure i could "survive" just on fruits and vegtables, for one, i dont like many vegtables, and two, i think i would find that i am hungry all the time.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:36 AM   #4
    Needzhelp
    Inactive
    (male)

Needzhelp HB User

Just do a search in the forum for "sweetjade" and you should find abunch.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #5
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Oh, wow, thank you

I have definately learned a lot from all of you as well. BTW, I'm not 100% clear but 99%+, meaning there's still something I'm not doing that the rest of you are. ;-) More vegetables, supplements, or...??? However I will say that I finally learned that NO added sugar or fruit juice is OK! I behaved myself for months so I could be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding and when the Christmas Parties rolled around, I didn't have the heart to tell my coworkers no I don't eat dairy either (there would have been nothing for me to eat except my GF muffins) and since they also laid out cinnamon jelly candies (I couldn't resist one) I had 1 of those too. Since I didnt plan well enough for snacks, I would take from the bowl 1 or 2 peices of candy a day for about 2 weeks (brain loves sugar thing). Well...it caught up with me =I I knew that eating table sugar gives me tiny sugar pimples but eating fructose sugars gives me cysts. Most jelly candy is corn syrup based so....that would explain why I ended up with a few stubborn cysts =/ Then a week ago, I purchased some Izzie Sparkling juices. They are basically 100% fruit juice with carbonation and well...that gave me really stubborn cysts that showed up on my NECK!!! Sniff Sniff, so needless to say, I now know that Fruit juice that doesn't have fiber in it, is OFF LIMITS. I very rarely drink 100% fruit juice (unless it's a sip or diluted with water) as it's always too sweet so I never knew for sure...well I do know. That also proves to the "doubters" that I by far have not "grown out of it"

I also noticed that my painful menstrual cramps that I had eliminated through diet made me a little uncomfortable during this period as well. This made me further realize that if what I'm doing is capable of producing a sugar pimple here or there, it IS still doing something on the inside of my body that I may not like. This is the other reason I've decided that all types of ADDED SUGAR is now OFF LIMITS for me. Which means the fun I've had experimenting occassionally with organic dark chocolate is out the door as well. I'm not a chocolate fan, but I wanted to test my reaction and it was always the sugar pimples as they use Evap. cane syrup or juice, but I don't like having any little marks on my face as a result of my "fun". Yet I will say that eating more vegetables has helped my skin & blemishes heal much faster. =)

So that's me and my new philosophy. It is just not acceptable for those of us that are sensitive to sugar to eat any amount of added sugar or fruit juice. Well maybe that < 1.5 g found on flavored organic potato chips or seaonsings (why????) may be OK once in a while, but not the 6g - 36g found in other products. So, what have you guys learned is an absolute "No No" for you as well?

Old 02-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #6
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pilky
    Does she have a thread showing her method? I'd like to check it out. Though im not sure i could "survive" just on fruits and vegtables, for one, i dont like many vegtables, and two, i think i would find that i am hungry all the time.
    Pilky,
    Yeah specifics about my diet is around here somewhere (gluten-free, dairy free, trans fat free, no added sugars, no nuts & related fruits, no bananas). I'm very reliant on my diet but due to recent realizations I'm willing to test out certain supplements that help with blood sugar as I can't control all added sugar I get in my diet whenever I'm eating out. I by far don't consume only fruits and vegetables ;-) I also eat certain grains (mainly rice & corn) as well as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and whatever animal protein I choose (seafood, pork, poultry, beef). Of course, I'm really sensitive to things that you may not be, such as nuts (and their related fruits), but if you can eat nuts do so as it will be a big help on the munchies.

Whenever I get bored I'll grab some tea, coffee or unsweetened flavoring packets (like Kool-aid) and mix with water and some xylitol to drink, otherwise I do tend to drink water all the time. Occassionally I'll eat pasta (usually made from rice) and use unsweetened pasta sauce (hard to find) and that's fun for me as I was a former pasta, sandwich, and pizza freak ;-) I still eat "junk food"...such as home-popped popcorn w/sat, organic/natural potato chips (usually the plain), instead of candy it's dried fruit (apples, pears, raisens, cranberries), dried fruit rollup/leathers, natural/organic applesauce (unsweetned, but sometimes flavored). If I want something cold, I'll buy fresh or frozen fruits such as grapes, blueberries, etc and eat them frozen!

I must say though that I'm not a vegetable fan either but over time you get used to it and may even crave certain ones. If you find yourself eliminating more foods than you thought or found that supplements aren't cutting it or you don't want to take supplements, then you MUST consume more vegetables of all varieties and colors. They are more nutritious than fruits, provide a different type of fiber than fruits, and according to the new guidelines we are suppose be getting 8 - 11 servings of fruits & veggies a day. If you follow the rule of 2 vegetables for every 1 fruit (I'm working on it) or fill your meal plates with 2/3 full of vegetables you can see how much we truly should be eating. So I don't care how you or I do it, just as long as we do it. If you want frozen go for it. I've personally found that fresh tastes better, but I still grab frozen for certain veggies (still learning here) and rarely purchased canned (it doesn't taste very good). I've also learned that raw or steamed provide the most nutrition and flavor, but some veggies you may find taste better or digest better when fully cooked.

HTH =)

Last edited by SweetJade1; 02-06-2005 at 11:04 AM.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:08 AM   #7
    Needzhelp
    Inactive
    (male)

Needzhelp HB User

Isn't white rice mucus forming in the body and bad for acne? Is it white rice your consuming jade?

Old 02-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #8
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Well, it really depends on your diet philosophy and personal reactions I guess. Rice has more good starch (amylose) than does wheat, so in that sense it's more beneficial as it will be metabolized more slowly. If you eat whole grain rice, then that's even better as you've got the fiber to help your body metabolize it more slowly also.

So, you saying that you don't eat any sort of rice or only whole grain/brown rice? What about corn? These are my main grain staples, although I eat whole grain strains of rice now 95% of the time over refined rice. Thinking about it now, I don't even eat those on a daily basis. I will say that at least every other day I'm getting 1 - 2 servings of grains and it's usually some form of corn (can also have a very high amylose content).

Say, do you ever eat out or do you prepare everything instead?

Thanks ;-)

Last edited by SweetJade1; 02-07-2005 at 04:08 PM.

Old 02-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #9
    Needzhelp
    Inactive
    (male)

Needzhelp HB User

I'm scared to eat out since I don't have any contrl on what I do to my food. I also never know the nutritional facts on what I'm eating.

Old 02-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #10
    Und3rc0v3r
    Inactive
    (male)

Und3rc0v3r HB User

Bit late to go into detail now but I am definitely an advocate of dieting to help acne. It's incredibly difficult to go cold turkey but beat the sugar trap and you won't regret it, I promise you. As I've said time and time again: start by cutting out soda (as the majority of you here call it ). If nothing else your teeth will thank you for it!!

Old 02-07-2005, 04:55 PM   #11
    Jelohi
    (female)

Jelohi HB User

Is diet soda ok?

Old 04-24-2005, 10:06 PM   #12
    eric_in_va

eric_in_va HB User

i would not drink diet sodas, even if they do not cause acne, do research on the effects of ALL sugar substitutes

Old 04-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #13
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eric_in_va
    i would not drink diet sodas, even if they do not cause acne, do research on the effects of ALL sugar substitutes
    Yup, I definately wouldn't consume diet drinks unless they are made with Stevia, Xylitol, or maybe the latest Tagatose/Natralose/Gaio. All Others, except for saccharin I can tell instantly, as they give me headaches and just taste horrible. However there are other side effects with these drugs.

In fact, ever heard of Chloracne or Yoshu? These are acnelike breakouts that occured as a result of prolonged exposure to aromatic chlorinated hydrocarbons that were present in food, due to pesticide contimination, such as dioxins. In fact recently this happened to a the Ukrainian presidential candidate Viktor Yushchenko. Unfortunately this is what Splenda/Sucralose is and this or something similar is probably what is happening to a few members around here as well as on the Internet that have mentioned breaking out for the first time or in cystic acne from ingestion of Splenda products (even just gum)!!!

The sad thing is that Splenda/Sucralose does NOT have to be labeled on any food or dental hygeinic product. Therefore if you want to know that it's there you'll either taste it, like I can, or you can READ the labels on the back of anything you purchase. The new hybrid diet sodas are also where you will find splenda, as well as on anything that advertised "sugar free" or "no sugar added". In fact, even Natural Food Stores sell splenda, at least in those were I live (Sun Harvest a branch off of Wild Oats) and I really could never understand why they would this. Knowing what I know now about it, I guess they fell for the fact that it's made from "sugar". Yes it is, BUT it's not sugar, they replaced 3 Hydroxides (OH) with 3 Chlorine (Cl) atoms and this is how they ended up making a Chlorinated Hydrocarbon (Chlorine + Hydrogen + Carbon (found in ALL sugar molecules) ....duh) that is known to cause acne like problems upon contact, inhalation, or ingestion!

They say that it isn't absorbed by the human body, but I've found abstracts of studies on Pubmed that say otherwise. In fact sweeteners that are known to "not be digestable" by the human body are used to test for Leaky Gut Syndrome, also known as an increased intestinal permeability. It was found that a percent of all sweetners are abosrbed by the intestines, including splenda/sucralose, and if you have a damaged intestinal mucosal layer or blood brain barrier (neurological problems), then this would explain why certain allergies, intolerances and chemical sensitivities exist. Thus why some of us avoid certain foods and chemicals, and if you are consuming splenda this puts you at risk for increased problems associated with splenda, especially because it's a chlorinated hydrocarbon which is considered toxic to us, as well as animals (theres almost a 20 symptoms list).

I wouldn't do it.

Last edited by SweetJade1; 04-25-2005 at 09:39 AM.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:32 AM   #14
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Needzhelp
    I'm scared to eat out since I don't have any contrl on what I do to my food. I also never know the nutritional facts on what I'm eating.
    You can visit websites of resturants and fast food to get the nutritional content and sometimes even the ingredient content. You can also ask the waiters at resturants or the people at MCDonalds (nothing there is acceptable for me to eat if you read their ingredients online...they even tainted the meat) about a certain ingredient you are avoiding. I've found that they are very accomadating sometimes even bringing me the package so I can read the ingredient label myself. Also, some resturants provide seperate or marked menus that let you know if something is Dairy Free or Gluten Free for example.

Otherwise, once you learn your body and learn how each food affects your skin, you'll be able to know when eating out if you've eaten something that breaks you out. Certain foods cause certain types of acne for me and sometimes in specific areas, so there are times when I'm able to pinpoint exactly what was in a food I ate, when eating out. Also, if it's gravy based and you are avoiding dairy or wheat or "flour" then you dont want the gravy, you don't want te cheese, nor do you obviously want the sweet & sour sauce. If it's something that is sweet, well you already know that this will break you out so you should pick something that isn't sweet. If you don't know before you get it, you can consider it an opportunity to find out whether it's a natural sugar from fruits and veggies (yes these can be sweet) or if it's an added sugar by seeing how your skin reacts up to possibly a week later (we all have different response times).

In fact right now my pores aren't entirely enlarged but the area is a bit swollen and there are like 2 small pimples also in this area (on the side of nose area). This is an area that usually doesn't breakout and is only ever a concern when I'm consuming Trans Fats. Well I've been busy, I've been studing hard and there's only 2 resturants left in this city, that I'm aware of, that makes good freakin fries ;-) Well I have been well behaved for months and more pores were showing it so I decide to misbehave twice in the past month, and sure enough my pores are starting to show it. Now Fried foods may also do this to me as they don't look quite the way that they do upon ingesting trans fats. I haven't had fried foods in months so that might explain why that area wasn't so puffy (flat, smooth skin with almost invisible pores). Yet yesterday dad brought home a mcdonalds breakfast and at first I resisted, but seeing how there wasn't anything else for me to eat, I hopped online and looked at my risk. Well the biscuit and the sausage patty were out. The Egg was egg with prerservatives and the 2 Hasbrowns I had did have trans fats AND were fried in trans fats. So we'll see how my pores behave this week. Sad thing is, it takes up two weeks to shrink them back down, so...

Old 04-26-2005, 06:59 AM   #15
    Healthy.J
    (male)

Healthy.J HB User

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but the acne diet does not work for everyone. I tried it and it did not work for me. No, it's not because I did this wrong or any other excuse other than the fact that my acne is hormonal to the core. Is it so hard to believe that hormones are responsible for most people's acne? I would love to say a diet "cured" my acne, but it did not and I cannot control my hormones so all I can do is treat the symptoms and eat a balanced diet. For those who have been cured by a diet congrats, but speak for yourselves please.

Closed Thread