It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Has anyone had success with low dose Accutane?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
    JuiciCouture
    (female)

JuiciCouture HB User
    Has anyone had success with low dose Accutane?

I heard from a few people that theyve taken only 20 mgs for a longer period of time, and have become clear from it. I didnt think it was possible, but I guess so. I was just wondering if anyone has, or anyone knows of anyone who has taken a low dose and gotten clear from it?
    Im probably going to end up on Accutane, so Im trying to find out information. I only have moderate acne.. but it is severe in its form. I have about 9 cysts at a time now, and they take forever to go away...and they really never FULLY go away, they scar and leave marks. Im on Retin A Micro right now, and experiencing the purging period but I dont think this is going to do it for my cystic acne.
    Any help/suggestions/stories are welcome.. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #2
    Branman
    (male)

Branman HB User
    Re: Has anyone had success with low dose Accutane?

I'm currently on my third month of 40 mg accutane and I only had mild acne. Most of it is gone and the very very few pimples I do get are small and don't last very long. I will probably go on it for another month or so (or do they just give it in 3 month increments? I dunno). I just hate it cause my lips are always chapped (It's fun peeling it off though ).

Old 02-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
    troy_mcClure
    (female)

troy_mcClure HB User

Hey there,

because of my weight and my derms insistence... I started my roaccutane (same as accutane) thingie with only 10 mg for about 3 months. After that I did 4 months of 20 mg. So, that's right, I'm on my seventh month. By the 5-6th month I was completely clear. Now I only have those irritating red marks. I am very happy with the results, to say the least. Oh, I had mild-moderate acne.

Hope I helped

Old 02-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
    JuiciCouture
    (female)

JuiciCouture HB User

Thanks for the replies!!
    I was thinking that that would be my dosage. (10, then increased to 20) because I am skinny and tall, and my acne is moderate (I get cysts, a few at a time..not all over)
    I was wondering if you experienced an initial breakout with your dosage, or when they increased it? If so, what was it like? Side effect wise, how are you doing?
    I wish you continued success and I hope it clears you up completely!! Good luck, and thanks again!!

Old 08-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
    turmalina
    (female)

turmalina HB User

I've been using Roaccutane for 4 months with the dosage only 10mg a day. And I have to say that in 3 weeks my face was completely clear. It worked really great for me. 3 years have already gone since that times and by now I have my acnes partly back. :S

Old 08-27-2005, 06:40 PM   #6
    bimbotica
    (female)

bimbotica HB User

hey juici..i'll be starting roaccutane by next week hopefully. cause of my petite size( ht:158cm wt:40kg) my derm has decided on 20mg every other day. i'll keep you updated on my progress

Closed Thread