It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• differin, duac & clyndamycin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2005, 04:05 PM   #1
    girlygal

girlygal HB User
    differin, duac & clyndamycin

I went to the doctor and he gave me all three of these before I put this on can anyone tell me their expierences with them. I paid alot of money for these. All of sudden I got cysts on my chin so bad. I really want them gone I have a big event coming up this weekend the doctor gave me a shot of cortisone in the three cysts but I made it worse by scratching at them now they look terrible and I will not leave the house. any info please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 03:54 AM   #2
    newman999
    (male)

newman999 HB User
    Re: differin, duac & clyndamycin

same with my doctor, prescribed differin and clindamycin , dont know what duac is, but anyways ive stopped using both.. they both seemed 2 make a lil difference but ive never had really bad acne anyways i went there for scars mostly but i quit differin i forgot why and just using clindamycin worked the same, so i guess that means differin didnt do nothing for me , now clindamycin i quit the pills along time ago also they drained me out 2 much and didnt change anything when i stopped taking them so they dont work for me either.. but the lotion was nice it seemed 2 help probably the only one that did anything for me but now im gonna stop using it, if you wanna know why i typed the stupid reason in my "moisturizer help" topic, but i doubt its because of clindamycin im just scared.. p.s dont let the doctor mess with your acne , just leave it alone

Old 02-09-2005, 04:52 AM   #3
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newman999
    same with my doctor, prescribed differin and clindamycin , dont know what duac is, but anyways ive stopped using both.. they both seemed 2 make a lil difference but ive never had really bad acne anyways i went there for scars mostly but i quit differin i forgot why and just using clindamycin worked the same, so i guess that means differin didnt do nothing for me , now clindamycin i quit the pills along time ago also they drained me out 2 much and didnt change anything when i stopped taking them so they dont work for me either.. but the lotion was nice it seemed 2 help probably the only one that did anything for me but now im gonna stop using it, if you wanna know why i typed the stupid reason in my "moisturizer help" topic, but i doubt its because of clindamycin im just scared.. p.s dont let the doctor mess with your acne , just leave it alone
    Thanks

Old 02-09-2005, 06:09 AM   #4
    xghostsniperx
    (male)

xghostsniperx HB User

I'm on a Differin+Clyndamycin combo right now and it's doing little for me right now. It's the only anti-biotic I've ever taken where it didn't actually clear up acne, it just controlled it. Kind of frustrating actually. Differin is ok, I mean, it's definitely preventing breakouts and now I can exfoliate my skin to get rid of red marks without having to worry about more red marks from existing acne. It's also cleared up my skin somewhat. Retin-A DID work better, but it was so harsh. That's the reason I switched to Differin.

I want to get a new anti-biotic, but I'm kind of scared to just ask for one.

Old 02-09-2005, 06:21 AM   #5
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

Hi I want to make sure that these are not going to make my marks darker because last night I put on benzacylin and now my marks are darker I am guessing it is from that I am using hydroquione 4 I am so confused right now I am putting to much on and now starting these two and duac I do not know what to do.

Old 02-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
    babygirl634

babygirl634 HB User

I use Duac in the morning and Differin at night. Ive been on them both for about 9 months and they helped control my skin alot. I dont hardly ever break out anymore and my skin just looks healtier. I had mild acne with tons of scaring. Im also having gyciolic (sp?) acid peels done at my derms office every two weeks. So i really dont know what has given the the better results. But with all of the treatments combined... my face has improved 100%.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

are they light peels? also do you have to stay in the house because your skin looks terrible after the peel? thanks I canceled the duac because it has bp in it and someone said it makes your marks darker.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #8
    babygirl634

babygirl634 HB User

umm lets see... when i get the peels (their not a deep peel) they put the acid on my face and let it sit for the amount of time set for that visit (the time goes up every 2 weeks) then i rinse my face with cold water and then the nurse puts a UV light on my face for about a minute (they say it helps the acid work). after i get the peels my face is always red but it goes away in a few hours. My face will feel rough for about 4-6 days and then all of a sudden you have the best skin ever. i also get a little dry for about 3 days after the peel so i just dab a little bit of lotion on the dry areas when needed.

- as for the spots getting darker... thats what the peel does for me , im getting them to get rid of my scaring so i honestly wouldnt know if the duac effects that

Last edited by babygirl634; 02-09-2005 at 04:46 PM.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #9
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

I am happy your skin looks good I had a light peel in November my skin looked great for about 6 weeks then all of a sudden it got so bad. Did your doctor give u vita c creme to put on after the peel mine did and it makes your skin look unbelievable. I am having surgery this Saturday by my plastic surgeon and while I was doing that he was going to give me a peel but now I broke out qwith cysts on my chin and I picked at them and they are open so I do not know if he can do this. I am so upset that I did this to myself. Do u have dark marks and have they come off from the peels?

Closed Thread