It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Dynacin, Retin A, and Duac

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #1
    Mthexuma

Mthexuma HB User
    Dynacin, Retin A, and Duac

Hi, I started my prescription of Duac in the morning, Retin A at night and Dynacin twice a day six days ago. (talk about a lot of money!) In the start (1st day or two) it helped a lot since when I started my face was really red and breaking out. But now (six days later) it seems to have hit a plataue. I have few new breakouts but it looks better then it did before I started. I actually think the Retin A makes counteracts the Duac. I feel as if the Duac does all the work and the Retin A kind of sets my face back a little.

Does anyone else have that experience? I like the Duac much better. The side effects of the medications have been extreme dry skin (I feel like I can't open my mouth sometimes) and some redness. Overall my face seems a little better than it was.

Hope this helps!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
    andertrack
    (male)

andertrack HB User
    Arrow Re: Dynacin, Retin A, and Duac

Its been pointed out many times that medicines like Duac and especially Retin-a micro take time to work. If you have never been on anything like retin-a before it is probably likely your face will get worse for the first two weeks or so becuase the retin-a is clearing the skin of the impurities.

That being said everyone is different. I am on the same perscription (minus the dynacin, which i was on for a while) and trust me it will reap benefits in the long term.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:32 AM   #3
    metoo12
    (female)

metoo12 HB User
    Re: Dynacin, Retin A, and Duac

I have tried everything to treat my acne. I tried Differin and it was okay. It more so controlled the acne I didn't get as many break outs all the time but I still got breakouts. I have been to five different dermatologist to get rid of my acne. I am 24 with braces and acne working in a professional job, looking like this WHO can take me seriously? My new dermatologist prescribed Retin A micro and an antibiotic. I was taking that once a day and the retin a micro at night. Again the same results with the differin. He say that it was better but not great so he increased my dosage of antibiotics to 2 times a day and duac in the morning and retin a at night. I have been on duac before, I don't remember what happended with that. It must not have been great becasue I still have acne. I will see what this regement does but I have just gotten used to the fact that I will never have clear unblimished skin. There are days when I only see a little acne and then the next day I feel as if the acne get worse overnight. Tell me if this combination will make the acne go away for go or just control it like the other things I've used.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
    RoseM123
    (female)

RoseM123 HB User
    Re: Dynacin, Retin A, and Duac

I am also on Dynacin 100 mg once a day and the duac gel. It has really worked well for me I have used them for about 5 years now and they really do work but it takes time maybe even a year. At first I saw a big improvement so I remained using them and gradually over time my face has gone to be very clear. Right now I only have 2 pimples. I have never used Retin A but I have heard to be very careful with it and not use a lot. You may also want to use an oil free lotion like cetaphil at night or a glycolic acid lotion to help prevent scarring and redness. I use glyderm lotion lite and it works great. Well good luck..

Closed Thread