It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Anyone know any tanning lotions for your face??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2005, 10:45 AM   #1
    NiGHT_StORM

NiGHT_StORM HB User
    Exclamation Anyone know any tanning lotions for your face??

Ive started going to the tanning bed over the past week and need some help with tanning lotions that are safe to use on your face.Ive been using a lotion by Hawaiian Tropic and it has now caused me to get 3 new pimples.It doesnt say that it doesnt clog pores or anything,but i put it on my face so that i can tan evenly.So now i need to find a lotion that wont clog pores.they sell them at the salon but $35 for 1 somewhat small bottle of lotion is way to much.

Also i use a moisturiser with SPF15 would i be ok tanning with just that on my face?.I wouldnt burn im sure but the tanning lotion helps you tan better,so i want my face to tan just as good as the rest of my body.Can anyone help me out here?

By the way i dont need anyone telling me about how tanning is bad and all that BS.I got all that the last time i posted about going tanning,so please none of that! .Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
    NiGHT_StORM

NiGHT_StORM HB User
    Re: Anyone know any tanning lotions for your face??

Just a bump!

Old 03-25-2005, 05:56 AM   #3
    sammy726
    (female)

sammy726 HB User

Hello! I use a really good accelerator lotion on my face called Saving Face by Designer Skin. It has really helped my face darken and it hasn't broken my out. I've been using it for almost a year and it's about $20. I think an SPF 15 lotion is fine to use, but you won't get as dark. I'm going to start using the MD Forte glycolic products, so I'm going to need an SPF 15 for my face instead now. I ordered the MD Forte SPF 15 Protector...it's oil free and non comodeogenic.

Old 03-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #4
    SuzyB0731
    (female)

SuzyB0731 HB User

ok well not only have i had this problem also but i used to work at a tanning salon and if you have oily/acne prone skin you're supposed to use a tanning gel instead of a lotion. there was one by Breeze ... shoot i cant remember the name, it had a blueish color to it. also, australian gold carried some a while back. if you ask your local tanning salon about finding a good accelerator that is a gel rather than a lotion they should be able to hook you up with a good product if they know anything about tanning lol
    i hate when i go into a place where the employees know nothing....
    good luck!

Old 03-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
    laurelw915
    (female)

laurelw915 HB User

does anyone else have any suggestions. i need a lotion too.

Closed Thread