It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Dove, Cetaphill, Clinque?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #1
    OV TX
    (female)

OV TX HB User
    Question Dove, Cetaphill, Clinque?

Hi, has anyone out there tried Dove? Just the regular bar soap is what I'm refering to. I have a friend that uses that & she has great skin, I was just curious if it works. Also as anyone tried the Cetaphill line? I heard dermo's recomend that a lot, I use the mositurizer but have not tried the cleaner. Has anyone tried Clinque cleaner or the acne line? I had a friend that worked @ the Clinque counter & she has recomended a few things. She recomend the nightime treatment gel & the acne solutions spot healing gel as well as the emergency mask?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
    JennaLC8
    (female)

JennaLC8 HB User
    Re: Dove, Cetaphill, Clinque?

I used Clinique once until it ran out. I used the reddish Clarifying Lotion (I think it might be #3), the acne soap they have, and something called Dayshield. The dayshield really worked for me because I worked in a bar and was constantly exposed to dirty air. I loved this stuff, but it is expensive. Now I'm using Burt's Bee's Garden Tomato soap and toner with their blemish stick and have had great results for about 1/3 the costs. You can buy them at health food stores and burtsbees.com.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
    sawbuck44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

Most times great skin has a lot more to do with genetics than the cleanser. I have used Clinique in the past and it worked fine. Now I use Cetaphil at the advice of my son's derm. I had my sons use ProActiv and it made them worse over about a month's time. The derm said save your money and use Cetaphil. We also use the Cetaphil moisturizer for the areas that may get overdried from the topical treatment. Cetaphil is easier to purchase (got to go to a department store to get Clinique - at least I did), derm recommends it, very inexpensive so I choose Cetaphil!

Old 03-29-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
    OV TX
    (female)

OV TX HB User

To JennaLC8-

Thanks for the reply's about the Burts Bees. I have been using the blemish stick but just recently it stopped working. it has start to burn and it now does nothing. How long have you been using it? Just wondering if it's just me or what.

Thanks

Old 03-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #5
    Allison1125
    (female)

Allison1125 HB User

i've used all 3. i have eczema as well as acne so my skin is super sensitive. i feel like the clinique line kinda made me break out. dove i use on my body & love it. and i now only use cetaphil on my face. i do break out but but i dont think it has anything to do with the cetaphil. it is super gentle & my derm says you can even use the cleanser as a moisturizer. i use the separate moisturizer but the cleanser is convenient for travelling...only need to pack one bottle!

Closed Thread