It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• tomatoes have made me break out.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2005, 04:41 AM   #1
    beatboxkid
    (male)

beatboxkid HB User
    tomatoes have made me break out.

I have just read a post saying tomatoes, ceral, and milk can make you break out. I have been on a diet recently eating tinned tomatoes every day and ceral/milk and it has made me break out.

I will try a diffrent diet, think I will just have cranberry juice and wholmeal toast in the morning. instead of tomatoes/ceral/milk.

If it does make a change I will post a thread

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2005, 05:30 AM   #2
    Pilky
    (male)

Pilky HB User
    Re: tomatoes have made me break out.

Cereal and milk yes.

Tomatoes though.

Old 03-31-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
    sammy726
    (female)

sammy726 HB User

I'm starting to think tomatoes make me break out too. I haven't had them for about a week now and I don't have one single zit on my face!! That really sux though because I love them!

Old 03-31-2005, 02:58 PM   #4
    Danielle05
    (female)

Danielle05 HB User

The Acid in Tomatoes do make you break out.

Old 03-31-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

tomatoes have been known to break people out...

Old 04-04-2005, 07:07 AM   #6
    lindanm
    Inactive

lindanm HB User

Oranges gave me cysts almost the next day. I suspect that other acidic things do to but with lessor effect, or that I'd have to eat a lot of them to be a definate problem. I haven't had an orange in years.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #7
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KMN88
    Ive read just about everything there is to read about acne from dermatologists and there have not been any cases to prove that food causes breakouts. Of course i dont KNOW because im not an expert but thats just what ive read, they all say the same thing, food hasnt been proven to cause acne but a healthy diet improves overall health.

Don't believe derms 100%. They want you to spend the money to get antibiotics.

Im 100% for many people, foods do cause acne. Foods effect hormones, also if you have digestion problems, this will cause acne.

Clean your colon, replace intestines with good bacteria and you'll notice a difference in your face, and you'll notice more solid and usually more frequent bowel movements. Which is definately a good thing.

Find your food allergy and eliminate it, everyone is different.

As for me, i can eat tomatos. It was melted cheese, fried foods, hydrogenated oils (peanut butter is HUGE CYSTIC ACNE bringer) and a lot of white bread.

Usually food related breakouts happen about 4 days. Mine were all cysts, especially melted cheese and peanut butter. Horrid breakouts.

But now, since cleaning my bowels, via bowel cleaners, and also Doxycycline (which i recommend a lot) ive replaced my body with good bacteria. My digestion has improved a lot, ive lost more weight faster, 99% clear, and i can eat melted cheese every once and a while with no acne. (i might be able to eat it more often, but im scared, also ill just never eat peanut butter again, cystic acne is the devil!!)

Good Luck...don't believe derms 100%, they are in it for the money.

And NEVER beleive celebrities, psshh...jessica simpson and proactive....my ***...she can afford the best derm, and she can pay any amount. You know your face better than a derm, spot your food related breakouts, and remember the basics..

Its not chocolate, it may be high sugar, and white breads and pasta. (these are converted to sugar in your system)

Usually melted cheese, (its like rubber to digest), hydrogenated oils are a big one too, oranges,lemons, other citrus fruits can trigger cysts. And deep fried stuff, like potato chips, torilla chips, etc.

Digestion is the reason more people have acne. If your body isn't removing toxins via the bowels, its coming out your face, skin.

Closed Thread