HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   what green tea? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/273599-what-green-tea.html)

pr0ps 04-13-2005 05:02 AM

what green tea?

hi i wanna start drinking green tea for my skin condition and my overall health but i dont know what brand i should buy. so what brand do you guys suggest or the brand isn't a big deal as long as it is 100% green tea? thanks in advance. :)

kizmatica 04-13-2005 07:21 AM

Re: what green tea?

I don't think it matters what type!! but thats just my opinion

I bought a green tea yesterday (in the form of tea bags) was disgusting, but its already helped my skin after one cup

Does anyone know how often we should take the green tea?

Is it one cup everday? or one cup a week?

veggie girl 04-13-2005 10:11 AM

If you can, go to a Japanese mart as they have WONDERFUL tea. They have a type of green tea called 'Gen mai cha' that has the green tea leaves but they're roasted and it also has roasted brown rice too - DEEE-licious!! The brand is called YamaMoto Yama and is only about $1.39 for a box. Its a good quality basic tea.

I actually buy the loose tea which is even better. The good thing about Gen mai as opposed to regular green tea is that you don't have to remove the bag after 1 minute, you can just leave the tea bag in the water and it won't get bitter like green tea.

Once you have the decent stuff, you'll never go back to Liptons or the supermarket crap!!

Peaches26 04-13-2005 12:11 PM

I have a few different kinds...you can them with all-natural flavors, like lemon and honey, berry, mint...things like that.
Or...you can just add a little of your own stuff to make it taste a little better.

caliente 04-13-2005 12:42 PM

i'm not much of a tea drinker, so i take it in a pill form. one in the morning, one in the afternoon. clear skin. :D

rocknroll1234 04-13-2005 02:03 PM

I have been using a couple different types just cause of what I could find at store at the time. I just use anything that is in a tea bag and has Organic Green Tea on the box.

All works wonderful! I drink one cup when I wake up and one cup sometime in the evening after my last meal.

LauraOSU05 04-13-2005 08:22 PM

Would bottled Diet Green Tea by Arizona or Lipton work? They still have all of the antioxidants, but are just sweetened with Splenda--no carbs or calories.

I guess I'm not a big fan of plain Green Tea taste, and these brands taste very good...anything to help my skin! :angel:

veggie girl 04-13-2005 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=LauraOSU05]I guess I'm not a big fan of plain Green Tea taste, and these brands taste very good...anything to help my skin! :angel:[/QUOTE]

You probably just haven't had the decent stuff. I love green tea but I can't drink that supermarket crap - urgh, its disgusting.

Also, when I first tried green tea i hated it coz i made the mistake of leaving the tbag in the cup until a japanese friend just told me to leave it in for a minute. Now I love it.

Andrew29 04-13-2005 10:45 PM

Does it matter if it's caffeinated or decaf?

veggie girl 04-13-2005 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=Andrew29]Does it matter if it's caffeinated or decaf?[/QUOTE]

Naturally it has caffeine but there are certain properties (that I read about in Dr. Perricones book) that counteract the affects. I get jittery with caffeinated coffee but green tea doesn't bother me at all.

Dave (UK) 04-14-2005 02:38 AM

what did you make of his book veggie girl?
Does it contain anything useful? Is his the one which cautions against high carb veg??

PBABY 04-14-2005 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=pr0ps]hi i wanna start drinking green tea for my skin condition and my overall health but i dont know what brand i should buy. so what brand do you guys suggest or the brand isn't a big deal as long as it is 100% green tea? thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]

I just use the Celestial Seasonings brand that you buy in the grocery store. I get the decaf kind and sweeten it with honey.

thebluedog 04-23-2005 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=pr0ps]hi i wanna start drinking green tea for my skin condition and my overall health but i dont know what brand i should buy. so what brand do you guys suggest or the brand isn't a big deal as long as it is 100% green tea? thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]

I am a strong advocate of drinking green tea for the many health benefits. I have tried almost every brand of Green Tea. My favorite, by far, is Salada - citrus flavored. It's decaf but caffeinated would be ok. Green Tea has only a very small amount of caffeine compared to a cup of coffee.
I just leave the tea bag in the cup in order to get the maximum benefits. I've also read that there have been studies that prove that dipping the tea bag while steeping releases more of antioxidant properties. I try to drink at least 3 cups a day, but most of the studies I've read involve more cups. Particularly, the cancer preventing studies.
I haven't tried much loose green tea, such as Veggie girl mentioned, but I bet those are good.

xismybaby 04-23-2005 11:34 AM

I love green tea, in fact im drinking some right now as i am typing...Well i like salada, which thebluedog mentioned, tazo is also good...but just last night my friend was watching 20/20 and she said that it was talking about Green Tea and that the Brand of Green Tea doesnt matter. It said that they are all the same, but i guess its up to the consumer to deside. I try to drink at least one cup a day, sometimes i dont get to :eek: I am not sure if it has helped greatly for my skin, but i believe it has improved it. Keep on drinking! even if its not for your skin because Green Tea is just excellent!!!! :bouncing:

AcneSufferer 04-23-2005 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=caliente]i'm not much of a tea drinker, so i take it in a pill form. one in the morning, one in the afternoon. clear skin. :D[/QUOTE]
WHat is that pill called?