It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Women's hormones and chin break-outs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
    lemondrop
    (female)

lemondrop HB User
    Women's hormones and chin break-outs

Recently, I saw this story on the news about a new way to treat adult acne in women caused by some hormonal imbalance. The symptons were acne around time of period that struck mostly the chin and some hair growth on the chin as well. There was a specific treatment for this and I can't for the life of me recall what it was (I'm in the middle of doing a ****** search as I write this). But my recurring chin pimples seem to fit this description perfectly. If anyone knows about this, let me know! 10-Q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
    Mic1980

Mic1980 HB User
    Re: Women's hormones and chin break-outs

I'm guessing it was birth control (maybe Yasmin) or Spironolactone.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #3
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User
    Re: Women's hormones and chin break-outs

A womans acne changes as she ages and the hormones change. So does the pattern of where you get acne. Mine got to the point where I was only breaking out on my lower chin and jawline around my chin. I also was getting these little chin hairs that I was plucking, so I wondered if the hairs were causing the chin breakouts. Well, I had the lasor treatments on the chin and I rarely breakout there anymore. Almost never!

But I would be very careful! The woman I went to decided to go beyond my chin one day.(The hair around my lower checks). You need more than one treatment to get rid of the hair. She shouldn't have done it because they use different settings on the "first time" hair and slowly increase the settings each time you get a treatment. Well, I broke out like crazy there and it has taken a long time to go away. This was in January. I went to the derm in March and they are slowly going away. I can't say for sure if the lasor treatment did it, but I don't usually break out there so I think that's what did it. Sorry this ended up longer than I expected.

Closed Thread