HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   Dark spots after pimple goes away (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/276842-dark-spots-after-pimple-goes-away.html)

4dad 04-22-2005 08:59 AM

Dark spots after pimple goes away

Is there anyway to get rid of the dark marks that are left on my skin from pimples that have come and gone? I don't pick them or do anything to make them worse but after they heal I have things that look like freckles. They don't go away! I was told it is my body reacting with pigment for healing. It is so frustrating. Does anyone have advice on what I can to do to get rid of them?

Thank you!
Lori

girlygal 04-22-2005 09:39 AM

Re: Dark spots after pimple goes away

The same thing happens to me it is horrible I am miserable because of these spots the doctor gave me hydroquione bleaching cream but you cannot go in the sun, it does work. Do you know how long your dark spots stay around? mine have already been here for two months and I can not get my makeup to cover them anymore.

missyou009 04-22-2005 10:35 AM

I have them really bad on my back and midly on my face.My doctor prescribed me Differin (You know the one w/the annoying commercial of 2 teens saying how bad acne is so why treat it nicely and wishing everything in life was as easy as getting it).I have been using it for about 3 weeks and I am seeing a dramatic improvement on my back already.My suggestion is try it.

Crossbow 04-22-2005 04:57 PM

Alpha hydroxy is supposed to help with that. Also, using vitamin E on it while it's healing will help prevent marks and scars.

4dad 04-22-2005 06:47 PM

Thank you to those who replied! My marks stay around for months and some for years. Sometimes they go away and other times they do not. I was put on Tazorac (spell?) to prevent acne but I haven't noticed that much of a difference using it and it definitely hasn't made the marks go away.

4dad 04-22-2005 06:48 PM

Hi Crossbow

I haven't tired either of those 2 when I get a pimple. I only put the 2% benzoyle peroxide on it when they start. I'll try using what you suggested. I never had it like this when I was younger. It seems to be getting worse as I age!

spotty99 04-23-2005 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=missyou009]I have them really bad on my back and midly on my face.My doctor prescribed me Differin (You know the one w/the annoying commercial of 2 teens saying how bad acne is so why treat it nicely and wishing everything in life was as easy as getting it).I have been using it for about 3 weeks and I am seeing a dramatic improvement on my back already.My suggestion is try it.[/QUOTE]

missyou009 - are you saying that differen helped reduced the red marks after the pimple goes away? I don't have active acne anymore and been using AHA lotion to help reduce the red marks. I still have some differin left and am thinking of using them up if it does help to fade red marks away. Thanks!

leslie0784 04-24-2005 02:00 PM

I too have dark spots from acne but I found the PERFECT product!! It's called Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin. It's an lotion acne treatment that has vitamins A, E, and natural fruit extracts. But I use it to fade the dark spots. I use it once a day at bedtime before my moisturizer. When I first bought it I saw a HUGE difference in the red marks just three days later. Now I only have a few spots here and there but they're pink. I love it! You can get it at Wal-Mart and it's 5 dollars! Hope all this helps.

margarete 04-24-2005 02:17 PM

exfoliate, once you stop breaking out. don't be too harsh. the newer scarless skin will resurface eventually, and faster than it you did nothing - i've been doing it twice a day for 4 months and the scars are much, much lighter.

geraw 04-24-2005 06:03 PM

As the time goes by ,the dark spot on your face will eventually go.
Since it has already been on your face , don't let it get yourself down