It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Dark spots after pimple goes away

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2005, 08:59 AM   #1
    4dad
    (female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User
    Dark spots after pimple goes away

Is there anyway to get rid of the dark marks that are left on my skin from pimples that have come and gone? I don't pick them or do anything to make them worse but after they heal I have things that look like freckles. They don't go away! I was told it is my body reacting with pigment for healing. It is so frustrating. Does anyone have advice on what I can to do to get rid of them?

Thank you!
    Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
    girlygal

girlygal HB User
    Re: Dark spots after pimple goes away

The same thing happens to me it is horrible I am miserable because of these spots the doctor gave me hydroquione bleaching cream but you cannot go in the sun, it does work. Do you know how long your dark spots stay around? mine have already been here for two months and I can not get my makeup to cover them anymore.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
    missyou009
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

missyou009 HB User

I have them really bad on my back and midly on my face.My doctor prescribed me Differin (You know the one w/the annoying commercial of 2 teens saying how bad acne is so why treat it nicely and wishing everything in life was as easy as getting it).I have been using it for about 3 weeks and I am seeing a dramatic improvement on my back already.My suggestion is try it.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #4
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

Alpha hydroxy is supposed to help with that. Also, using vitamin E on it while it's healing will help prevent marks and scars.

Old 04-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
    4dad
    (female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User

Thank you to those who replied! My marks stay around for months and some for years. Sometimes they go away and other times they do not. I was put on Tazorac (spell?) to prevent acne but I haven't noticed that much of a difference using it and it definitely hasn't made the marks go away.

Old 04-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #6
    4dad
    (female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User

Hi Crossbow

I haven't tired either of those 2 when I get a pimple. I only put the 2% benzoyle peroxide on it when they start. I'll try using what you suggested. I never had it like this when I was younger. It seems to be getting worse as I age!

Old 04-23-2005, 10:17 PM   #7
    spotty99
    (female)

spotty99 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by missyou009
    I have them really bad on my back and midly on my face.My doctor prescribed me Differin (You know the one w/the annoying commercial of 2 teens saying how bad acne is so why treat it nicely and wishing everything in life was as easy as getting it).I have been using it for about 3 weeks and I am seeing a dramatic improvement on my back already.My suggestion is try it.
    missyou009 - are you saying that differen helped reduced the red marks after the pimple goes away? I don't have active acne anymore and been using AHA lotion to help reduce the red marks. I still have some differin left and am thinking of using them up if it does help to fade red marks away. Thanks!

Old 04-24-2005, 02:00 PM   #8
    leslie0784
    (female)

leslie0784 HB User

I too have dark spots from acne but I found the PERFECT product!! It's called Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin. It's an lotion acne treatment that has vitamins A, E, and natural fruit extracts. But I use it to fade the dark spots. I use it once a day at bedtime before my moisturizer. When I first bought it I saw a HUGE difference in the red marks just three days later. Now I only have a few spots here and there but they're pink. I love it! You can get it at Wal-Mart and it's 5 dollars! Hope all this helps.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #9
    margarete
    (female)

margarete HB User

exfoliate, once you stop breaking out. don't be too harsh. the newer scarless skin will resurface eventually, and faster than it you did nothing - i've been doing it twice a day for 4 months and the scars are much, much lighter.

Old 04-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #10
    geraw

geraw HB User

As the time goes by ,the dark spot on your face will eventually go.
    Since it has already been on your face , don't let it get yourself down

Closed Thread