It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Permanent bump-like cysts on face

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User
    Permanent bump-like cysts on face

Hi guys. This is my first post in over a year(I posted several years ago under a different name). Anyway, I have a permanent bump in my cheek, and a couple along my chin. I went to a dermatologist and he said they were cysts. He gave me Differin, which I've been using for months with no success. I've had these My dermtaologist says that they don't look that bad on the surface, but when he touches them it feels like a HUGE bump. There's no head, I can't pop it at all, and there's no redness either.

Has anyone gotten these? I'm very worried they might be permanent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #2
    deltoro
    Inactive
    (female)

deltoro HB User
    Re: Permanent bump-like cysts on face

Hello welcome back to the board! I have had these and they really do suck, I usually just leave them alone,knowing I can't do anything with them, it just feels like a peeble inder the skin but it won't ever come to a head! They do eventually go away, although I can't give you a time period, my skin is so bad I have other big problems, might try a little, drying agent on it, sometimes I use campho phenique on mine.

Old 04-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
    JanetinHouston

JanetinHouston HB User

Have you ever had them injected with cortizone? A friend of mine used to get them on her face and her derm injects them with cortizone, which will make them as a pancake in a few hours!

Old 04-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #4
    spotty99
    (female)

spotty99 HB User

I definately had those horrid cysts like you mentioned when I had the horrific breakout about 7 months ago all along my jawline. Plus mine was painful and it was hard as a pebble and HUGE! I was put on Doxy and Differin and within 1 month, they just went away leaving very little mark at all which was great. I was doing gycolic peels at the time of my breakout as well.

Closed Thread