It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Renova and Neostrata with Microdermabrasion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User
    Renova and Neostrata with Microdermabrasion

Hi everyone. I have recently started a series of microdermabrasion treatments (6 for $800!). My plastic surgeon gave me Renova to use at night and Neostrata (10% glycolic and a lightening agent) to use in the morning. After my first treatment (and after using the Renova and Neostrata) I have noticed my skin has broken out even worse than before! Lots of little, inflamed bumps and whiteheads, plus I am very peely but oily at the same time. Has anyone else been put on this regime while getting microdermabrasion treatments? Also, has anyone else had the problem of breaking out after getting their first treatment?? Any words of comfort would be appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
    kittikat

kittikat HB User
    Re: Renova and Neostrata with Microdermabrasion

i had the same thing happen to me when i did microdermabrasion. about a week after the procedure, i would break out in tiny white bumps. i stopped the treatments. i think it was irritating to my skin. i am now using Retin-A Micro and Obagi hydroquinone to solve my acne and pigmentation problems. Working great!!!! After a few weeks, i have noticed a real change in the texture and tone of my skin. My marks are also fading. However, I was told give it six months. Hope this helps.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
    utlonhghorn
    (male)

utlonhghorn HB User
    Re: Renova and Neostrata with Microdermabrasion

what microdermabrasion does is it essentially takes the top layer of skin off so acne that was coming up comes up faster. I don't think microderm should be used at all if you still have acne issues. Its a procedure used more to help wrinkles and to help skin's texture. it is somehting you might wanna think about AFTER your acne is gone but not for now.

Last edited by utlonhghorn; 05-03-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Closed Thread