It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• how i cleared my face up

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
    boardguy16

boardguy16 HB User
    Post how i cleared my face up

ive been with acne since 8th grade. Not one day has gone by with my face clear, until now. And it was so easy. it may not work for some people (genetics), but my skin is like 80% clear after only a week and a half. I can't wait to see how it will be in another few weeks.

1. Eat as LITTLE sugar and fat as possible. I mean look at the nutrition facts on EVERYTHING you eat. youd be surprised how many things have sugar in them that you never thought of. I wont even eat any cereal except healthy ones like cheerios. I mostly eat fruits/vegetables as snacks, and the same kinda stuff at meals. drop ALL, and i mean ALL sweets and junk food. this part sucks, but when you think of cheating and having just a "small" snack, just remember youre doing this to help your acne. besides, eating healthy will get you a head start on getting in shape. if youre as desperate as i was, youll be able to stay away from unhealthy foods.

2. Drink AT LEAST 10 full glasses of water a day. some days ill drink around 20. This is crucial. it helps so much its not even funny. make it a point to drink water instead of juice or pop. which reminds me, STAY AWAY FROM POP. soda/pop has a ridiculous amount of sugar and has been known to contribute to breakouts on its own. you still need to drink milk though, it does the body good .

3. Exercise regularly. Anything that gives your body a workout and makes you sweat is good. sweat helps clear your pores. not to mention getting in shape will also improve your social life with the opposite sex, which is one of the main reasons were all so desperate to get rid of our acne.

4. Keep your skin clean as possible. keep your hands away from your face at ALL times. wash your hands after anything that gets them even a little dirty. if you have oily skin, buy those little dry pads that absorb oil from your face (im not talking about wet/medicated pads that are made to wash your pores). i use "clean & clear instant oil-absoorbing sheets." use them midday around 3 or 4, since your skin produces the most oil around 1-2 in the afternoon. your daily face washing cycle is up to you, i suggest keeping to your own pattern depending on what kind of topical medication you use. im taking tazorac right now (about 15 weeks, and no, my recent clearing isnt from the tazorac, since it reached its full potential 4 or 5 weeks ago). I wash my face in the evening using "clean & clear oil-free daily pore cleanser," followed by applying the tazorac cream. when i wake up in the morning, i dont wash my face because twice a day irritates my skin. I leave the tazorac from the night before on, to help protect during the day (dont worry, its clear :P). make sure you keep the same washing cycle every day for consistency.

I think i covered everything here. sorry its so long, but trust me, this works WONDERS. try these steps for at least a week. dont give up after only one day. if you stick with it, i guarantee it will help greatly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2003, 05:54 PM   #2
    Lucky angel

Lucky angel HB User
    Those are the obvious things, yet so little of us take the time to do them, and make sure we practice these good habits regularly.. I've noticed that all those things you listed are true but I always want the instant way out.. I think I just need to listen to you and take the time because in the long run, it will be the best way to go!

Old 05-05-2003, 06:03 PM   #3
    jobo13

jobo13 HB User
    Thumbs up

well first of all, im happy for you because of your skin and also im just beginning to try this today!!! so far, no improvement but i think there will be. it's reallly hard not eating junkfood and i actually ate a cookie today!!! noo!!! but im gonna get better at it.

Old 05-08-2003, 11:54 PM   #4
    nuttyrich

nuttyrich HB User
    These are good tips,i dont want to rain on your parade but in 99 % of people food has NO play in what happens with your acne,unless your allergic to it,then it isn't acne it's an allergic reaction. THINK of seafood many people are allergic to it and within hours their faces begins to swell with hives,not acne. Acne takes weeks to form,therefore it's IMPOSSIBLE to get acne 24-28 hours after you've eaten something unless your allegic like i said. Acne is based from the inside,the oil glands produce too much oil and get caught inside your hair follices and then get the bacteria and you get acne,there is nothing you can do to get rid of or shut off your oil glands except acne. Topicals/antiobiotics can decrease your acne,Accutane is the ONLY drug that decreases and shrinks your oil gland. YOU 100 % right water,eating healthy is fine,it can make things run better in your body keeps you in shape,but plays very little role in acne,if your prone to acne (hereditary) or puberty ort just unlucky you need to consult a DERM.

Best of Luck,
    Rich

Old 05-09-2003, 04:40 PM   #5
    binkyboo

binkyboo HB User
    of course food has to do with acne! everything you eat affects every part of your body.

Old 05-09-2003, 04:41 PM   #6
    blueeyedbia
    Inactive

blueeyedbia HB User
    I completely disagree. Diet, while it may not play a role in everyone's acne, definetly is a part of most people's acne. Diet may not be the sole reason, but there is a lot of research that diet coupled with other things triggers acne.

Closed Thread