It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne: Patience is a true virtue.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
    Aaron43
    Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
    Post Acne: Patience is a true virtue.

After years and years of battling acne, I have come to relize one simple thing: PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.

I have had acne since about 16 - im 20 now. I have had off days, days that I cried, days I wanted to kill myself, days that I was happy I had no zits, etc. Just on and off, on and off and very inconsistent.

But I have come to relize something very important in life: NOTHING LASTS FOREVER -- NOTHING!

I am still a firm believer that even though you can still get pimples at any age - ACNE only strikes at its peak for those in the teens and early 20's. I am confident my acne will go down in a couple years - tops.

After using Proactive, anti-biotics, benzyl proxide, salicilic acid, retin-a, and anything else you can think of - I have come to a conclusion that there is truly only 1 cure for acne - and it's absolutely free: what is this cure? TIME.

Yes, the only cure is TIME - and thats why I say patience is a virtue.

------------------------

I remember those days when my face was clear - I didn't think about acne. I kept positive. So just simply don't think about it and keep busy with other things you enjoy in life. Sooner or later one day you will look in the mirror and see that the acne is gone. And it won't come back.

To those who are desperate and have tried all medications - take the PATIENCE method. Remember, nothing lasts forever. Time will clear you up - but first you must CLEAR you mind and emotions and don't let it get to you.

Trust me - i've been to hell and back about my self image. I have had days where I simply wanted to eliminate myself from existance. Trust me, I know!

------------ How do you calm your emotions?

On a side note, I enjoy doing yoga followed by a night out in the hot jacuzzi with some smooth jazz in the background. Totally clams you down.

[This message has been edited by Aaron43 (edited 05-10-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
    xKaShyLahx
    Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
    Cool

hey, i love your post its TRUE! time is our answer. my mom keeps telling me this. Im a very impatient person so that doesn't help but lately i've just thought you know what? i might as well get use to having acne and hopefully one day it's going to be gone. I gave up meds i even quit my diet today after reading afew things about my health and im just going to use a face wash, jojoba oil and time.

btw...are you clear?

p.s -- im trying my best to stay positive and pre-occupy myself with exercise which helps..
    ~*Kashy*~

------------------
    ~*ººBaBi FaCeºº*~

~*ºWhatever happens, happens for a reason.º*~

[This message has been edited by xKaShyLahx (edited 05-10-2003).]

Old 05-10-2003, 02:11 PM   #3
    Aaron43
    Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
    I am pretty clear. I do get a couple whiteheads every week or so. Nothing too big.

Of course, I have had clearer days in my life and hope that day comes back.

Although, I am still gonna use my Retin-A on a nightly basis.

---------------------

One thing we must understand is that in life, we all have to suffer.

Somehow - we were chosen to suffer with acne. People who don't get acne have other problems in life. Nobody is perfect. Suffering is just another part of the human experience, because without it, we would'nt know what it feels like to be happy.

One day - good things will come - and it really doesn't matter what you do or don't do to your skin.

Closed Thread