It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Desogen or ortho tri-cyclen????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
    aversar03
    (female)

aversar03 HB User
    Desogen or ortho tri-cyclen????

Does anyone know which one woudld be better for your complexion????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
    yahgler

yahgler HB User
    Re: Desogen or ortho tri-cyclen????

It really depends on the individual, but from my 1 year experience with Ortho Tri-Cyclen it actually made things worse for me. I've been on Desogen for about 10 months now and I love it. My skin looks much better, and my periods are really light and only last, like, 3 days. I don't have any breakthrough bleeding problems like I did when I started on BC with Alesse. Just my two cents, I'd go for the Desogen. Plus, it's monophasic, so if you need to skip a period you can do that with Desogen.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
    aversar03
    (female)

aversar03 HB User

Thanks for the reply I have been on Ortho regular for almost 2 months and before going on my breakouts were very mild mostly clear well I thought this would make it 100% clear and level out my hormones for the lase 2 months my skin has been a wreck and I cant stand it I'm scared to go off in fear that it will get worse, I told my doctor that the pill was causing my skin to react and she said that was impossible becasue all birth control helps your complexion SO Confused and scared!!!

Old 06-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
    yahgler

yahgler HB User

Okay, I'm no doctor, but I think it's definitely not true that ALL birth control helps your complexion. Everybody reacts to the different hormone cocktails differently. You just need to find one that agrees with you. If you're breaking out that badly from OTC I'd switch to either Desogen or Yasmin, which is also supposed to be good...and maybe see a different doctor if she won't believe that a BCP is breaking you out.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
    aversar03
    (female)

aversar03 HB User

Will my breakouts go away after stopping taking the birth control or should I try to switch to a different one?

Old 06-30-2005, 03:52 AM   #6
    yahgler

yahgler HB User

Was your skin worse before starting the regular Ortho? If you were clear before starting birth control at all, I'd say scrap it all and just go off BC. If you want to stay on I'd go back to regular Ortho or try Desogen or Yasmin.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
    butterfly84
    (female)

butterfly84 HB User

I was put on ortho when I had really bad acne about 2 and a half years ago, and never had a bad experience, and I have stayed on it ever since even just for the other benefits. But that wasnt the sole thing I had. I had some face creams that were used in combination that changed throughtout (Differin, Benzamycin, and Retin-a Micro) and my skin cleared up extremely quick. I havent had acne (other than the general pimple or 2) since like.. 2003. But like other people said, I'm no doctor, and that's just my experience, everyone's bodies are different.

Closed Thread