It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The naturopathic way for acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
    Miranda005
    (female)

Miranda005 HB User
    The naturopathic way for acne

Hey everyone

I'm so excited about my first visit to this vitality clinic. I'm so sick of masking this acne problem that i decided to consult with an expert, and find the root cause of my acne.
    My first visit will be an hour long because she need to do a physical exam, talk about my medical history, alergies, diet , supplements, stress from work, the way i live, etc. She will work with me to find the right diet and supplement regime to help clear my acne naturally, of coarse i won't see results right away but i would feel alot better knowing that i'm on the right track for improving my health overall. I'm sick of dermatologists, I'm sick of wasting my money on them and the products do nothing but burn my face off.
    This lady i talked to acually listened to me and she was so nice

Anybody have any experiences with naturopathic medicine?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
    hmahappy
    (female)

hmahappy HB User
    Re: The naturopathic way for acne

Wow, that's fascinating, what a great idea! Derms are obviously don't work for everyone, and it does really seem like acne is a multifactorial thing- let us know how it goes!

Old 06-30-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
    buterfliegirl
    (female)

buterfliegirl HB User

Let me know how it goes, sounds very interesting. I don't know if I have a lot of faith in derm, would love to hear about a naturopathic remedy. good luck!

Old 07-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
    to our health
    (female)

to our health HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miranda005
    Hey everyone

I'm so excited about my first visit to this vitality clinic. I'm so sick of masking this acne problem that i decided to consult with an expert, and find the root cause of my acne.
    My first visit will be an hour long because she need to do a physical exam, talk about my medical history, alergies, diet , supplements, stress from work, the way i live, etc. She will work with me to find the right diet and supplement regime to help clear my acne naturally, of coarse i won't see results right away but i would feel alot better knowing that i'm on the right track for improving my health overall. I'm sick of dermatologists, I'm sick of wasting my money on them and the products do nothing but burn my face off.
    This lady i talked to acually listened to me and she was so nice

Anybody have any experiences with naturopathic medicine?

Thanks

Hey Miranda,
    good for you for seeking a more humane approach. I have personally seen a homeopath, chinese medicine doctor, and naturopath and have always liked there approach though couldnt stay with any of them due to lack of funds....and it takes a while for results indeed.....but I think its worth it.Finally I came upon a doctor who gave a break to those in poor financial situations...anyway...what a blessing.
    It hasnt been that long but I now believe that diet plays a huge part and that I dont mind giving up the dirty foods anyway cause they`re unhealthy any road..anyway good luck, hun....and be patient.... I`m sure it will be worth it.

About the naturopath..

Old 07-13-2005, 03:18 AM   #5
    lemonelephants
    (female)

lemonelephants HB User

Good for you. My daughter found relief after radically modifying her diet. She eliminated anything with partially (or completely) hydrogenated oils (big offender), white flour products (we went to whole wheat and spinach pasta), from white sugar to splenda, all milk (i personally think this was one of the biggest offenders), most cheeses (except feta and parmesan), commercial yogurt, olive oil to cook with, no butter, restricted fats, and she eats a lot of tuna (also recommended) - other canned fish is permitted also. She increased vegetables (salads) and eats apples mostly, but not all fruits.

It was the first time I was able to see (after visits to derm., medications, treatments, etc.) a dramatic change in her skin from those large red inflamed postules to smooth skin (tho she's scarred now - and we're trying ClearTouch laser and microdermabrasion) to help with that. She's not free of breakouts, but she went from red mostly bumpy skin to virtually smooth skin with a breakout from time to time. The times she deviated from the diet, the impact was nearly immediate - perhaps by later that day, or over the next few days, she'd start to break out. I swear by her diet.

The best results of all were with a combination of diet, this stuff we get here they call 'locion rosada' (pink lotion) (a drying lotion), and regular facials where the derm./cosmetologist 'pops' the zits and thoroughly cleans her face.

One of the best things you can do is go to beauty salons with latin operators. Keeping a beautiful appearance is equated with self confidence and they are masters at keeping skin beautiful. Be sure you have confidence in the salon/spa cleanliness and know that dermotologists loudly oppose their practices, but they work!

Good luck.

Closed Thread