It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Hibiclens - it works!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #16
    rumjunglegurl
    (female)

rumjunglegurl HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

I just bought some hibiclens last night...I hope it works wonders...But I was just wondering, do I just put it on like a cotton pad and then put it on my face?? do i just leave it like that or rinse my face after a while? or do i wash my face with it using water? I'm just not exactly sure what I'm to do with it. If you could let me know THanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #17
    ecartman
    (male)

ecartman HB User

Put half a teaspoon amount in your hands after your hands and face are wet. Gently rub your hands together and then massage it on your face and neck for at least 60 seconds. Rinse thoroughly. Simple as that! Let me know how you lke it!

Old 07-16-2005, 07:45 AM   #18
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

I just bought some yesterday...I too am hoping that it will work miracles, lol! I always try to stay optimistic. Is it supposed to get foamy? I have just been smearing it on my face and rubbing it in for a couple minutes, it never foams up though, it seems more creamy after a while... is that how it's supposed to be??

Also, ecartman, how bad is your acne?

Old 07-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #19
    JanetinHouston

JanetinHouston HB User

Hi Cassie,

No, it never foams up. Hope it works well for you :-)

Old 07-16-2005, 02:29 PM   #20
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)

xismybaby HB User

I just bought some today..It's kindof hard to apply to your face because its so liquidy..

I hope it works

Old 07-16-2005, 02:30 PM   #21
    eat_to_live
    (male)

eat_to_live HB User

I've been reading a lot about Hibiclens, Aloeguard, Provon, etc. - all antibacterial cleansers that contain either chloroxylenol or chlorhexidine. I think I may purchase Hibiclens to replace my Purpose bar. I'll be devastated if it breaks me out though, lol.

Old 07-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #22
    YumYumPieee

YumYumPieee HB User

Is it okay to use Hibiclens while on retin-a micro and duac??? i use duac at night and retin-a micro in the morning.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:21 AM   #23
    ihatethis
    (male)

ihatethis HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ihatethis
    also, can you buy it in the UK? i can't find it on the internet...
    Anyone...

Old 07-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #24
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YumYumPieee
    Is it okay to use Hibiclens while on retin-a micro and duac??? i use duac at night and retin-a micro in the morning.
    It should be alright, I am using it and I an on Renova and Ampicillin. It doesn't dry my face out any more than any other cleanser.

Old 07-18-2005, 06:33 AM   #25
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Sooo, I've been using the Hibiclens for a few days now, and my skin has just upgraded from mild to moderate acne! I just a MAJOR breakout all over my cheeks - even cysts! I never break out on my cheeks either.

Now, rationale tells me that it takes a zit two weeks to form, so there is no possible way this breakout could be attributed to the Hibiclens. However, I'm looking for SOMETHING to blame, since I haven't done anything differently lately and my skin had been looking pretty good until I started using it. Perhaps it's all just coincidence, I really don't see how the Hibiclens could make anyone breakout. (sigh). Well, I'll stick with it for at least a month and see what happens. Anyone else have a litte update on the Hibiclens?

Old 07-18-2005, 07:27 AM   #26
    ecartman
    (male)

ecartman HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassie4u22
    Sooo, I've been using the Hibiclens for a few days now, and my skin has just upgraded from mild to moderate acne! I just a MAJOR breakout all over my cheeks - even cysts! I never break out on my cheeks either.

Now, rationale tells me that it takes a zit two weeks to form, so there is no possible way this breakout could be attributed to the Hibiclens. However, I'm looking for SOMETHING to blame, since I haven't done anything differently lately and my skin had been looking pretty good until I started using it. Perhaps it's all just coincidence, I really don't see how the Hibiclens could make anyone breakout. (sigh). Well, I'll stick with it for at least a month and see what happens. Anyone else have a litte update on the Hibiclens?
    Are you using anything else besides hibiclens? Also, are you making sure to rinse it completely off your skin?

Old 07-18-2005, 07:29 AM   #27
    yahgler

yahgler HB User

I've been using it for a few days and haven't noticed any initial breakout forming. I've also been using the baking soda for a few weeks and haven't had a big breakout from that either (I had a couple of itty bitty whiteheads come up, and I was actually really happy about it because I figure they would have been bigger down the line if they hadn't come up as tiny things now). I'd just had one really huge whitehead last week that had been threatening to come up for weeks, and since that is now healing I've been using this expecially on that area in case there's any leftover bacteria from that zit. So far so good!

Old 07-18-2005, 07:31 AM   #28
    eat_to_live
    (male)

eat_to_live HB User

Last edited by eat_to_live; 08-03-2005 at 02:22 PM.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:33 AM   #29
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassie4u22

OMG!!!! I also am breaking out bad on my forehead and around my nose!!!!!!

I dont know what is to blame I've been using the
    Hibiclens for 2 days straight (2 times a day only on my t-zone). I haven't been eating the healthiest either. Those are the only things thats I have been doing differently.

Ever since I started using it my skin looks worse so I didnt wash my face with it today.

I'm so ****** and upset right now

Old 07-18-2005, 07:36 AM   #30
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecartman
    Are you using anything else besides hibiclens? Also, are you making sure to rinse it completely off your skin?
    Besides the Hibiclens, I'm only using Renova at night. I make sure to rinse it off completely because I do it in the shower and let the water run over my face for about 5 minutes.

Closed Thread